We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist Site » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (167 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..20~21~22 [Next]
ckelley
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
101 Posts

Profile of ckelley
So this may not be the correct area to post; but I was trying to access Ellusionist.com to pull up a previous order and it appears the website and their social network is gone? Any ideas on what is going on.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Hmmm, just got this email from ellusionist:

Quote:
Brad here,

I just wanted to send you a quick email. This is all I'm comfortable saying for now.

20 years ago, to this day, I locked myself in a one-bedroom apartment in San Francisco and was furiously working on Ellusionist's launch after service. I was a waiter at the time.

I'd taken a bank loan and some private investment, risking it all to make my dream a reality.

Over the last 20 years, there's been incredible highs and incredible lows - but it was all worth it.

It's Friday, so I don't want to take up too much of your time, I just wanted to say a quick thank you as I take a trip down memory lane. Your support over the last 2 decades has meant the world to me.

Sincerely, thank you

Brad Christian
Founder of Ellusionist.com
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
We can only speculate. But this does not bode well for their business.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
snmagic
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl.
16 Posts

Profile of snmagic
I've been going through all social media and everything is shut down or no longer available. If they have closed down completely it would have been nice for a heads up so that I can download my purchases.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1090 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2020, snmagic wrote:
I've been going through all social media and everything is shut down or no longer available. If they have closed down completely it would have been nice for a heads up so that I can download my purchases.

Odd, if they are closing down, that Christian would send out the above noted email (which I received as well)...
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2097 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
No way! I was thinking of ordering from them.
swansonbb
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of swansonbb
Yeah, this isn't great. I have hundreds of dollars in videos on that site.
snmagic
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl.
16 Posts

Profile of snmagic
I've sent out a few email to Brad and the support team about downloading my videos / purchases and I not heard back from them. It's been close to an hour now since the email went out.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1090 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2020, swansonbb wrote:
Yeah, this isn't great. I have hundreds of dollars in videos on that site.

As do I. This is a bummer!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9316 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I too received the email. Didn’t realise it was the end of E.
Wordsworth
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Probably a marketing ploy. The email directs you to their site, so despite not being 'comfortable' saying more, they clearly want you to go there and discover that it's gone. And buzz about that.
Solimar
View Profile
New user
Solimar
26 Posts

Profile of Solimar
Possibly a rebranding? Only thing I can find is a YouTube site...check it out...guess we'll find out in 2 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BabzAfzRe4
trickyat86
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
408 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
It’s most likely a marketing ploy for attention of whatever their Nov 2 video announcement is about. Still it’s bad form to lockout customers from their existing purchases just for a marketing campaign.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
They just got Flite back in stock so it would be a strange time to shut down. But this is why non-downloadable videos are bad for the consumer -- you just never know what's going to happen.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2477 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Halloween marketing....
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
841 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Lloyd Barnes announcement on Murphy's magic.

Maybe he was told or he knew what was coming regarding Ellusionist,or was it a coincidence and he had just left Ellusionist in time ?

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I think they are rebranding or merging with murphys. If they were closing they wouldn't delete all their social media that fast. Also they have released new products recently.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1370 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Either they’ve gone bust and this is not a good way of handling it, not at least telling customers how to download content they purchased. Or its a publicity stunt and its a really bad thing to do making people think they’ve gone bust and they’ve lost access to stuff they spent their money on. Neither would shock me from E but i’d never wish anything bad on them or hope they go bust, so I hope its a dumb publicity stunt. I’m equally glad I never gave them any of my money, or at least very little of it
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
360 Posts

Profile of MJE
He pointed out that it was 20 years to the day. That considered, I'm sure it's just a tease for some big anniversary promotion.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1370 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2020, MJE wrote:
He pointed out that it was 20 years to the day. That considered, I'm sure it's just a tease for some big anniversary promotion.

I hope so, but i’ve seen a lot of genuinely concerned people, thinking they’ve lost tricks / instructions they purchased. Seems like a d**k move if it is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist Site » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (167 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL