The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist Site » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (167 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2020, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2020, MJE wrote:
He pointed out that it was 20 years to the day. That considered, I'm sure it's just a tease for some big anniversary promotion.

I hope so, but i’ve seen a lot of genuinely concerned people, thinking they’ve lost tricks / instructions they purchased. Seems like a d**k move if it is.

There's absolutely no chance that it is.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I am assuming a big Halloween revamped website.
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Text message they sent out today:

To all customers with outstanding orders, you can still email support@ellusionist.com https://mailchi.mp/ellusionist.com/a-heartfelt-thank-you
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
The page title says "Error 503 Service unavailable" - 503 errors are caused by server problems or site maintenance & has nothing to do with the user.

The page text says: "Make sure you've typed in the correct website address and that your internet connection is active", thus making it sound like a problem on the user-end, which is not what a 503 error is. Not "typing in the correct web address" would refer to a user error, resulting in a 404 code.

The text displayed doesn't match the given error code, thus telling me that they are re-doing their website and/or this is a marketing ploy.

Also, the html of the page could not be displayed if there was a problem with the internet connection.

Tom Phoenix
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Just received Flite in the mail today and the tutorial link doesn't work either. Kind of lame that they would send me a product and not even email me the instructions
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2020, langston3711 wrote:
Just received Flite in the mail today and the tutorial link doesn't work either. Kind of lame that they would send me a product and not even email me the instructions

I'd open a dispute if you paid by Paypal. Looks like they went out of business and you only got half the product.
Sundragon36
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Sundragon36
I had a terrible experience with them a month ago, very disappointed. With this said I have had several good experiences with them in the past, but this last order was enough for me to use other dealers. It makes sense why I had such terrible service and very bad communication from them.
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
This is the ultimate jerk move if they aren’t out of business. Only slightly less if they are.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Sounds like the Dave Forrest business model...
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Has any one reached out to Lloyd Barnes and asked if he any helpful info?

NM
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
They did me right I bought Flight & it broke they sent me a new one once they were re- manufactured which was about 3 weeks it just arrived !
excellent customer service !
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2020, tophatter wrote:
They did me right I bought Flight & it broke they sent me a new one once they were re- manufactured which was about 3 weeks it just arrived !
excellent customer service !

That’s good.....unless you need to access the online instructions, which from what I gather, without explanation is not an option unless you downloaded them
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Subscribed. I'm curious to hear how this plays out.

JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2020, Animated Puppets wrote:
Sounds like the Dave Forrest business model...

Good Point

He could always enrol in the Dave Forrest Kick Starter Academy
tvirelli
View Profile
New user
Iowa
7 Posts

Profile of tvirelli
Plain and simple, THEY BETTER BE OUT OF BUSINESS! If this is a marketing plan, it is 100% shady. Lots and lots of users have videos they currently can't download or stream. However, magicstream is up. I can tell you now, if this is a marketing ploy, once the site is back up I will be downloading my magic (using chrome plugin) and never purchasing from them again. If it isn't and they never allow access to the video content, I'm sure they can expect a class action law suit for that, that I will be happy to join...
Zipposrsa
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Zipposrsa
I am with tvirelli - it is crazy either way!! We should get clarity on this forum soon though!
8 days a week !
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2020, tvirelli wrote:
Plain and simple, THEY BETTER BE OUT OF BUSINESS! If this is a marketing plan, it is 100% shady. Lots and lots of users have videos they currently can't download or stream. However, magicstream is up. I can tell you now, if this is a marketing ploy, once the site is back up I will be downloading my magic (using chrome plugin) and never purchasing from them again. If it isn't and they never allow access to the video content, I'm sure they can expect a class action law suit for that, that I will be happy to join...

I’m sure they / we can go a couple of days without their / our precious downloads. Chill out ffs. 😂😂😂
bpearce
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of bpearce
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

I’m sure they / we can go a couple of days without their / our precious downloads. Chill out ffs. 😂😂😂

Pegasus I think it’s more that they haven’t given any news or info and won’t do so for 2 days.
On a separate note I tried reaching out Lloyd Barnes Twitter and no response so far. I also posted on Geraint Clarke’s Facebook page and again no response.
According to screenshots of Justin Miller on Facebook this is not a marketing ploy or rebranding. Time will tell though.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
bpearce
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of bpearce
It is odd though.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2020, bpearce wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Pegasus I think it’s more that they haven’t given any news or info and won’t do so for 2 days.
On a separate note I tried reaching out Lloyd Barnes Twitter and no response so far. I also posted on Geraint Clarke’s Facebook page and again no response.
According to screenshots of Justin Miller on Facebook this is not a marketing ploy or rebranding. Time will tell though.

Those two no longer work for E so don’t expect them to comment. Let’s just wait before jumping to conclusions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist Site » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (167 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL