The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » What is your favourite Zoom magic effect ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
326 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Since so many magic shows are currently being performed online at the moment, I'd be really interested to know what is your favourite effect to perform remotely via Zoom, Skype, MS Teams etc ?

I'd particularly love to hear about effects that don't require any pre-show work, or items sent to the spectator beforehand. In other words being able to connect with someone completely at random and being able to perform something amazing and totally impromptu.

I'd assume the spectator would be able to supply their own deck of cards, phone or internet connected device, some coins, banknotes or basic items of stationary.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1565 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Magic Mask

Madison
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
592 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Wikitest or ithump. Magic mask is also good like madison said. I think the best card trick you can do is probably the cut.
gotgot
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of gotgot
I was looking for some zoom magic for quite some time, and I actually got some tricks designed especially for zoom, but then I saw JS magic on youtube, killing it on omegle with standard tricks (in****ble deck, ambitious routine, hand sandwich transposition and so on)...
so I actually think we can use our regular routines in many cases, no need for something dedicated to zoom.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
592 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 7, 2020, gotgot wrote:
I was looking for some zoom magic for quite some time, and I actually got some tricks designed especially for zoom, but then I saw JS magic on youtube, killing it on omegle with standard tricks (in****ble deck, ambitious routine, hand sandwich transposition and so on)...
so I actually think we can use our regular routines in many cases, no need for something dedicated to zoom.

I agree 100%. A lot of the things that I have done are methods that I did before. The brainwave or invisible deck are both great over zoom. A lot of the zoom only ones are terrible and impractical methods with a lot of setup.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
799 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Dani Daortiz's Connected set of effects from Vanishing Inc has been, by far, the best remote card stuff I've seen. Just absolutely killer stuff.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1197 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
When I zoom out the door and go perform for people in person! Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
alexK
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of alexK
Isolated by Adrian Lacroix, it fools me really badly.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4314 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2020, MadisonH wrote:
Magic Mask

Madison

Time shift is insane, especially the drawing duplication.
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Love doing Stacked to open - This is how I have been making money while being furloughed from work - Reactions have been great!
magicmarc
View Profile
New user
NYC
29 Posts

Profile of magicmarc
Which is 'magic mask'? are y'all talking about the facemask that displays words and images and such?
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
592 Posts

No. Do a google search. "magic mask zoom"
o2b2b2
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of o2b2b2
Any other hints? That search didn’t bring up anything related to a magic trick.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
799 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2021, o2b2b2 wrote:
Any other hints? That search didn’t bring up anything related to a magic trick.

It was offered last year as part of the Video Chat Magic program, but I believe that it is no longer available...
culpitt
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of culpitt
I think this is what you're loking for

https://store.theory11.com/products/facade-magic-mask-2-0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » What is your favourite Zoom magic effect ? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL