The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for a 5-hotrod routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Vincelli
View Profile
New user
Montreal, QC
34 Posts

Profile of John Vincelli
So a friend of mine that knows how much I love CC Knives and paddle tricks, sold me these five hot rods for practically nothing. They’re really nice and I believe they’re from Ring N Things.

I’d like to use all five in one routine. I wondering if anyone can point me to a routine to give me some ideas.

Hot rods:
One has no gems on both sides
One has color gems one one side and none on the other side
Another has gems on both sides (ungimmicked)
The other two are the usual with the choice gems on one side and the same color on the other side (one has all red and the other all blue)
John knows!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Rings & Things make metal products, so are they made out of metal? Did your friend give you the instructions? Having a starting point would be paramount to creating a routine.

Sounds like a lot of switching is involved, kind of hard without exceptional misdirection.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I don't think it's necessary to have instructions to do hotrod routines. They're pretty self explanatory if you know the basic hot rod routine. I agree with Bill though that in order to use all 5 of these rods in one routine, there's going to be a lot of switching involved. You could develope a nice routine with two of the rods, one in each had but to get all 5 I think would not only be difficult but might be a little "boring".
Where the magic begins
John Vincelli
View Profile
New user
Montreal, QC
34 Posts

Profile of John Vincelli
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Rings & Things make metal products, so are they made out of metal? Did your friend give you the instructions? Having a starting point would be paramount to creating a routine.

Sounds like a lot of switching is involved, kind of hard without exceptional misdirection.

They are made out of metal and no he didn't have any instructions or routine.

I know the basic routine, but was wondering if there was anything using all of them.
John knows!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi John!

Welcome to the Café! That sounds like a basic worker's set for walk around. Yes, there is a bit of switching involved! I have a set of four clear ones that I got from Tannen's. I made myself a holder that I keep pinned under the edge of my untucked t-shirt. Made from cardboard and rubber bands. Stupid easy to make. That way I can wear a T-shirt and blue jeans.

The last time I used that set, it was to impress a girlfriend. She's the type to examine everything! She talked about it 5 years later!

I couldn't have done that with just one or two hot rods. I like the idea of the blank one. You could just leave that laying around in the beginning, get them used to it. Use it for something else. Or just display it. Whatever. Then when you suddenly have the gems appear on one side, surprise! Paddle move, they appear on both sides, switch. That's pretty much how it goes!

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Someone mentioned using a holdout. Never thought of that! Why not, if you wear a jacket! But a three rod routine is probably best for workers.

Doug
John Vincelli
View Profile
New user
Montreal, QC
34 Posts

Profile of John Vincelli
Thanks for the info Dougini.

I'm actually, not very new. I joined back in 2010, but forgot my password recently (got a new computer and pw wasn't saved lol) and when I tried to retrieve it, it said my email didn't exist. I tried emailing the admin, but never got any response, so I just created a new profile using my real name.
John knows!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for a 5-hotrod routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL