The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Which $100 Bill Change? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hello all!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm finally ready to learn and perform the modern day $100 Bill Change effect but I have no idea which one to go with so, I need your advice. I know there are few of these on the market (Burn, Hundy 500, Hand Out 500, 400 Lux, etc., etc.) but I don't know which one to go with. It would be great to do this effect and be able to hand out the bills at the end. Can you guys steer me in the right direction? Thanks a million!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Roberto, There is only one Hundred Dollar Bill Switch by the original creator, it is called, "Hundred Dollar Bill Switch By Mike Kozlowski". It is a booklet sold by Magic Inc. dot net. This is a single Dollar Bill change from one denomination bill to another denomination bill. Magic Inc. has been out of stock for some time, why they don't republish the book, is very puzzling. It is only $14.95.

Luckily, it is available here at a reduced price of $12.00:
https://tricksupply.com/product/the-hund......zlowski/

The multiple bill change, is not the same thing as the original Mike Kozlowski effect. It is totally different, credited to the late Patrick Page originally. This was called, "Easy Money", and now there has been several recreations of this effect, one being Hundy 500.
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/728

No one can advise you which is the best for you, that is a decision you have to make for yourself.

Still sticking with the single Bill switch, a good source for this kind of effect is from the Switch Book, it covers many effects and methods that may give you some good insight in performing this effect.
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11321

There you go, now click on my direct links, I provided for you, and decide for yourself.

How come the question is always shorter then the answer? I just spent an hour of my time to answer your question.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I was hoping to get a consensus as to which one of these effects most magicians favored as I have never learned or performed this effect before. While I may not have used the proper name for this effect, I thought I made myself clear on the effect by the examples I used in parentheses. I was not referring to the Bill Switch, sorry if I confused you. Bottom line, I'm trying to figure out which one of these most magicians favor and why. Right now, I'm leaning towards Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders. Thanks again for your response!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
In the long run, our audience sees the same outcome, small value bills to large value bills.
I have Extreem Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders. His instructions are clear and concise. Though there is a little arts and crafts time, it is nothing difficult with each step covered well.
As far as the other versions, I am not familiar with their workings to do any comparisons.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hey Wravyn,

Thanks for your input. Do you hand out the bills after changing them? I'm not sure I would feel comfortable letting strangers take my 100's to inspect them. I do after all, live in NYC lol. But I imagine that it does add to the impact of the effect if your spectators can touch and examine the bills afterwards. Thanks again!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
With the routine I use, I do not change ones into hundreds, I don't have the income to use hundreds... lol
But yes, you can hand some of the bills out for your audience to hold and look at if you feel it necessary.
I have some bills handled and looked at before the change, though my routine and patter does not allow for a pass around afterwards.
Anton4
View Profile
New user
Rensselaer, NY
56 Posts

Profile of Anton4
Check out My Friend George.
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/13861
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mrmagik68,

If you want to do what everyone else has purchased on the Café, and perform. It is Richard Sanders', Extreme Burn 2.0. It was very heavily discussed here on the Café when the 1st version came out, and again when 2.0 was released.

The only version you can hand out the bills with is the version by Juan Pablo from South America. You can even perform it with borrowed bills.

Juan Pablo's DVD "Money Money".

He has recently released "Cash Flow" different in that the stack of bills are not folded over on themselves.
kippteacher1
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of kippteacher1
I just purchased extreme burn locked and loaded, but I am wondering if I got a knock off product instead. I know I can’t reveal the secret working of the trick, but is it correct if the only gimmick that I received was the little square metal piece? Is something missing?

Thanks in advance!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, kippteacher1 wrote:
I just purchased extreme burn locked and loaded, but I am wondering if I got a knock off product instead. I know I can’t reveal the secret working of the trick, but is it correct if the only gimmick that I received was the little square metal piece? Is something missing?

Thanks in advance!

Have you watched the instructional dvd yet? It lists what should be included.
kippteacher1
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of kippteacher1
Yes, but in my package, I received 2 square metal pieces and 2 small round pieces that compliment the metal pieces. But the video only mentions using 1 little metal piece. I don't understand what the other pieces are for.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2020, kippteacher1 wrote:
Yes, but in my package, I received 2 square metal pieces and 2 small round pieces that compliment the metal pieces. But the video only mentions using 1 little metal piece. I don't understand what the other pieces are for.

Could it be for making a back-up set of bills? Or incase you lose or damage the working set?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2020, kippteacher1 wrote:

I think you may have hit the jackpot and you received twice the amount that was to be included... that would mean perhaps someone will receive the instructional dvd only and not the needed items.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I would suggest you check out Jay Scott Berry's bill switch with a Sanada.
It is much easier, there is less folding and hence the switch looks more natural.
It is superior to the TT method, but magicians love holding on to harder, less magical solutions.
All in the name of "classics".

If you were really a magician, you might fold a bill up somewhat to make it change. But why would you fold it into a tiny little packet?
Just watch Berry's Penguin lecture and you will be convinced
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Countrymaven, the original does come with instructions for not using the TT. It is just a choice or most magicians do not read past the original TT handling.

You may have noticed today's generation do not like to read. Why read instructions in 20 minutes when they can spend an hour in front of their monitor or television, and not get all the important details in the movements.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Bill, Happy New Year. We all owe you for your endless contributions and wisdom for the magic community! God bless you!!!
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
386 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Roberto, There is only one Hundred Dollar Bill Switch by the original creator, it is called, "Hundred Dollar Bill Switch By Mike Kozlowski".

Mike Kozlowski was not the original creator of the trick.

Jim
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
329 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
Ok, I just finished watching all of the Extreme Burn Locked and Loaded instructional material. (Which is all of the original Extreme Burn material + all of the Extreme Burn 2.0 material + the added section for the Locked and Loaded part) I agree with the comment by Wravyn, Richard Sanders instructions are clear and concise I would also add comprehensive. Im sorry but I have to disagree with Bill Hegbli money money is not the only one that you can hand out the bills for examination, in the Extreme Burn 2.0 instructions Richard Sanders gives in-depth instruction on how you can hand out bills at the end of Extreme Burn & even in the middle of the routine. But If I understood your reply to Wravyn correctly you don't want to hand the bills out, Extreme Burn fits the bill for this as well (pun intended) the original routine doesn't have you handing the bills out and even in the Extreme Burn 2.0 material Richard Sanders explains that once your set up for hand out you have the option of. Handing the bills out or choosing not too and opting for the classic Extreme Burn presentation. Richard Sanders calls it maximum flexibility with your Extreme Burn Bill Hegbli is however on the money (Im sorry I cant help my self) when he mentions the origins of the multiple bill change laying with Patrick Page, the video for Extreme Burn gives much credit to him. KippTeacher1 as for your Question about a possible knock off and what you received in your package. First let me say when ever possible I like to buy things right from the creator this accomplishes 2 things, 1) it insurers you are getting the genuine product, 2) it makes sure the original creator is getting the money your paying (not a 3rd party or some one who stole the IP) as for what your package contained, like I said I ordered direct from Richard Sanders I ordered Extreme Burn Locked and loaded I picked the option in the drop down menu to receive 2 full gimmicks.... with that being said I received exactly what you described receiving (in other words you received 2 sets of the full Locked and loaded) as well as a paper with a web address & password for the instructions. If you only saw instructions for 1 part of the things you received you need to go all the way to the end of the instructions. The way its structured is all of the original Extreme Burn material is first, than after that is all of the Extreme Burn 2.0 material, than after you have gotten past all of that you get to the Locked and Loaded section which explains the other part of what you received. I hope this helped clear up any questions any one had. If I can help any more just ask.
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I have been using the Kowalski version for over 30 years, have dabbled with others but have stuck with this method. The bill can be passed out prior and after the change.
thementalcoach
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, CA
64 Posts

Profile of thementalcoach
[quote]On Nov 16, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
[snip snip]
Still sticking with the single Bill switch, a good source for this kind of effect is from the Switch Book, it covers many effects and methods that may give you some good insight in performing this effect.
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11321
- - - - -

Thanks for recommending the Switch Book, I just ordered it.
David Kenward - The Mental Coach
One-on-One: Healing Trauma - Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy
Groups: Magic, Mentalism
Sacramento, California
http://thementalcoach.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Which $100 Bill Change? (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL