The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Dominoes (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16047 Posts

Profile of tommy
Armed police found three suspects playing dominoes when they raided an illegal gambling den using a chainsaw.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/29/police-us......0650164/
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
cbharrelson
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of cbharrelson
I have gambled many times playing a domino game called moon. There are moves associated with this game.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I am really excited to see that the Birmingham police are really on their toes and perusing crime and criminal domino players.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16047 Posts

Profile of tommy
Birmingham is quite a cosmopolitan place. An old friend of mine, an Indian fella who was once a high-ranking Intelligence Officer in the Indian Army, whose speciality was infiltrating rebel groups, became a successful confidence man by infiltrating international businesses and betraying their trust, moved to Venezuela where he now runs a Café come domino club.

I also met here an ex KGB general on the run from Russia for murdering two other KGB generals. He recruited a few gambling friends of mine to pass counterfeit super dollars printed by the North Korean government, which were so good that experts in court could not prove they were fake. The American Secret Service came over here to interview me about him and when I refused to talk to them, they told me, never to go to the USA. They kidnapped one of my gambling friends involved in the affair when he was on holiday in Spain and kept him in an underground prison in Washington for about a year. Other inmates there told him they were going to kill him and when he asked why they said because he was white. Whether or not they played Dominoes there I do not know but it is quite popular with the brothers.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4982 Posts

Profile of landmark
Any single sentence in the above post could be the basis of a new Netflix series...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16047 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
"Ex KGB general of your acquaintance, high ranking intelligence officer whose specialty was infiltrating rebel groups, being barred from entering the USA, the American Secret service kidnapping one of your friends and placing him in an underground prison"...seems like tommy is more of a James Bond type than I ever imagined.

Nice post...really enjoyed it.

By the way tommy, did you ever meet Lawrence of Arabia?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16047 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well no but I did meet Peter O'Toole in an old billiard hall in Birmingham city centre. Peter O'Toole was quite a good snooker player and he had the most magical voice that I have heard. Peter O'Toole starred in the movie Lawrence of Arabia with Omar Sharif, who my uncle Johnny Gough knew very well. Omar Sharif was a top Bridge and Backgammon player and owned a few racehorses, which is how and why my uncle got to know him. My uncle also owned a couple of racehorses and he went out of his way to get to know all race owners that he could; looking for inside information, which, come to think of it, is a sort of infiltration of the Exclusive Coterie. Omar Sharif was a compulsive gambler and my uncle won some money off him, playing, not dominoes, but Gin or Bridge, as I recall.

The real Lawrence of Arabia learnt from Max Von Oppenheim, who was a very interring character indeed.

https://books.openedition.org/obp/1664?lang=en

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
You are going to have to write your memoirs, perhaps in installments on The Gambling Spot.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16047 Posts

Profile of tommy
The way I met Peter O'Toole was quite embarrassing: I was with a young fella when we called into the billiard hall and Alan, the manager there, told us “Peter O'Toole would be arriving soon.” Cool I said and the young fella and I were playing snooker when Peter O'Toole with another actor arrived and they started playing snooker on the table next to us. I did not say anything at first and after an hour or so, the young fella I was with shouted over to the manager “Hi Alan, when is that ****ing Peter O'Toole coming in?” Apparently, the young fella did not have a clue who Peter O'Toole was. Reminds me of what Erdnase said about the annual crop of suckers. I mean that which may be common knowledge to us old folks the young folks may never have heard of. This was in the 1990s and when in town they came in the joint regularly after that.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Dominoes (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL