The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Animal Antics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
The recent topic of your pets names and Martin's post of how his pet chose their own name made me think of some humorous antics our pets do.

Here's one that my cat Daisy does that causes myself and anyone that has observed her antics to laugh. Daisy was born in a barn so perhaps has a higher dose of feral instincts than the other cats living in my household.(I'll never expect her to shut doors however :O) Being a mega animal lover I have this chat with all my pets (not that they understand but makes me feel better) "Don't bring any live/dead things in this house," I tell them.

She attempted it a few times..ewww dragging earth worms through the cat door to lay in the front hall way as gifts to me.( The mighty hunter she was) Either it was my screams of disgust or my immediate removal of them that ceased her to stop that disgusting habit. She started bringing me pinecones..17 of them, daily.

Two things come to mind- where the heck is she getting them from? I assume she spends her days scouring the neighborhood for pine trees and stops when she reaches the quota of 17. The number always remains consistent. If I'm home to observe she drops them at my feet, then gives her little prey cry and seems quite pleased with her "kill" of the pinecone. I probably assist in her funny habit as I always seemed pleased and laugh when she does this. Everyday apon my arrival home there is a neat little pile of the 17 pinecones she has left as gifts for me right on the front doorstep. How nice to be so adored by my cat! Ha!

I'd love to hear some stories others have of their pets antics so please feel free to share.

Chrystal
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Your cat is a master mathematician. I cant even count to 17 which explains why none of the tricks I do involve any counting.
I also don't have any friends anymore due to the snakes I keep in the house.
Pets are great though.
My squirrel throw over his food and then makes this chuckling sound. ( I've read it means they are happy but it is no fun cleaning the cage after his mess.)
My doves can be really noisy but they time the noise and the snakes???? nuff said
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
A cat my roomate in college used to have, chi-chi we called him (a siamese) used to fetch plastic milk rings (you take off when you open milk jugs). He used to bring them to us and paw getly or rub or knee to get our attention, when he brought it!

My italian greyhound years back would roll in worms!

My pugs are great...one antic was the diaper genie incident--yes, diaper sausages ripped to shreds with you know what all over the carpet. We thought the dogs would have died eating that absoring polymer
stuff!

Another funny thing, not really an antic, but Asterix (my male pug) has the biggest tongue in the world I swear! Now, he had teeth pulled and it's even more prominent. He walks around with it sticking out so long! Sometimes when he sleeps, we ever pull it longer and take photos!

Ellen
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Chrystal
Sounds like you trained your cat, Its not that hard to train cats. The best ones to train, exhibit the behaviour your cat shows.
You cat still goes out and kills, Plays with the kill, gives it a good old crunch. But now, instead of bringing it home to mum, who don't eat rodent and screams. Your cat eats the kill, and brings back an object about the same size, call it a token.
When cat saw this made you give good strokes, and nice sounds, cat thought this was the best way to carry out business.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Ha Ellen! Loved your stories and thanks for sharing! The one about Astrix made me chuckle.

Your both right, ABC and Partizan I'm thinking I have a smart cat on my hands. She's manipulated me into being pleased with my gifts of pinecones and can count to 17! I think I would have the willies if she brought me 13 for some reason, as she's a beautiful black cat and I may have seen some hidden meaning in that number.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Abc, don't start me on squizzers (squirrels). They are not an animal I care for. In fact, they have some answering to do about some plants in my garden >(

Ps. Squirrel tastes great if eaten fresh, You will need a good few for a decent meal Smile
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Animal Antics (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL