The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MARIO LOPEZ - New coin routine "ONE FLY" (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
He's so original and just great with everything that he touches. This looks ......so smooth and clean.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
:55 I'm fooled.

Looks amazing, but also looks like lots of angly open hand concealments. He certainly does them well.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Ben Daggers
View Profile
Loyal user
Osaka
233 Posts

Profile of Ben Daggers
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2020, Ross W wrote:
I love Mario's magic! Most "coin flurries" (yuk!) are just confusion. This is lovely. Bet it's hard though.

It's actually much much easier than you'd think. Should be very doable with a bit of practice.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3516 Posts

Profile of takeachance
His looks, personality and facial expressions are as much the strength to his routines as the mechanics.
Ben Daggers
View Profile
Loyal user
Osaka
233 Posts

Profile of Ben Daggers
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2020, Ben Daggers wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2020, Ross W wrote:
I love Mario's magic! Most "coin flurries" (yuk!) are just confusion. This is lovely. Bet it's hard though.

It's actually much much easier than you'd think. Should be very doable with a bit of practice.

I think you'd be surprised at how good the angles are. There's nothing here that can't be easily performed in the real world.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1219 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Beautiful - just beautiful. See some obvious angle problems with this routine. In certain venues/situations it will be a kill. Great routining - job well done.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1124 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Beautiful performance but as I work mainly mix and mingle situations (pre COVID of course), it’s not for me. Lovely to watch though and certainly a different take on the standard one coin routine bravo
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Ben Daggers
View Profile
Loyal user
Osaka
233 Posts

Profile of Ben Daggers
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, simplymagicweb wrote:
Beautiful performance but as I work mainly mix and mingle situations (pre COVID of course), it’s not for me. Lovely to watch though and certainly a different take on the standard one coin routine bravo

I can definitely see that performing it exactly as Mario does would be a challenge for many situations (and many performers of course!), but it's worth noting that there are ideas, techniques and sleights here which can be incorporated into very different routines, so I would say it's worth checking out even if you don't plan to perform the whole thing. Plus Mario also goes into detail on his creative process and his thoughts on plot/premise etc, which may be of interest too.
alexK
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of alexK
I was totally fooled, I will learn it but also never perform the whole routine.
I'm not Mario, this guy is amazing and this routine is just scream mario lopez.
SlightlyTipsyMagic
View Profile
New user
Pleasure Island NC
16 Posts

Profile of SlightlyTipsyMagic
Congratulations Ben, I wish the best for you and The Impossible Co. Thanks for bringing us these incredible 1 coin routines at an affordable price. Standing Ovation!
I have and love all three projects so far, looking forward to many more. Mario’s 1 Fly routine is as enjoyable to watch as it is to learn. I can’t remember any tutorial being as informative and entertaining at the same time as this project. He had me laughing out loud every time he said ‘don’t worry, I’m a professional’ Not a single difficult move or slight in the mix, which allows me to focus on my performance of being a slightly tipsy magician. Yeah, 1 Fly works big time for me. Thankful.
Ben Daggers
View Profile
Loyal user
Osaka
233 Posts

Profile of Ben Daggers
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2020, SlightlyTipsyMagic wrote:
Congratulations Ben, I wish the best for you and The Impossible Co. Thanks for bringing us these incredible 1 coin routines at an affordable price. Standing Ovation!
I have and love all three projects so far, looking forward to many more. Mario’s 1 Fly routine is as enjoyable to watch as it is to learn. I can’t remember any tutorial being as informative and entertaining at the same time as this project. He had me laughing out loud every time he said ‘don’t worry, I’m a professional’ Not a single difficult move or slight in the mix, which allows me to focus on my performance of being a slightly tipsy magician. Yeah, 1 Fly works big time for me. Thankful.

Thanks for the kind words, though Mario deserves all the credit! I pitched the idea to him, and his genius brought it to life. We have quite a few new "One Coin" additions on the way including a few VERY big names, so watch this space!
Ben Daggers
View Profile
Loyal user
Osaka
233 Posts

Profile of Ben Daggers
Just to let you know, there are two new additions to the ONE COIN series:

https://theimpossibleco.com/product/one-......n-rueda/
https://theimpossibleco.com/product/one-coin-vol-5-huki/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MARIO LOPEZ - New coin routine "ONE FLY" (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL