The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CardOracle - Now at PropDog (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
This App looks so cool.

https://youtu.be/KYKcryEkxUU?t=3504
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Stumped. Unless it’s a stack of sorts.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The guys at propdog demonstrated this for me in the shop. I was completely baffled.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I’ve used this app around 2012 (it’s a re-release from 2010).
It was one of the best apps out there (it possibly will be again) but it has a MAJOR problem...

I’ve paid 99$ (!), it got very few updates (latest was V2.0) and was discontinued pretty quickly.
I remember you had to change the language settings of your phone to read the instructions in english.
I couldn’t use it very long and feel ripped off by the creator (Y.D)!
Didn’t got any answer by then after it vanished from the store.
I know that software get obsolete but that was a joke.
Meanwhile it even vanished completely from the App Store and couldn’t used on older phones.
Customer service was non-existent either. It’s a real shame because the app and effect was amazing!

Be aware that they might possibly not maintain the app for long.
As it is a exclusive with Propdog I hope that will change for upcoming users.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thanks for the warning. It’s always worrying when support is limited on an expensive app.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I get more and more put off by apps in general because of that same reason.
When you buy a expensive app you don’t expect these short lifespans.
It also should get mentioned when you buy it like “updates and support for x years”.
The app itself is pretty amazing but I refuse to pay for it again and again.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
It's one of the perils of apps. With the majority of "physical-world" effects, once you've learned the effect you're set for life (or a decent number of years, at least), but apps can simply stop working completely, overnight. Imagine the chaos among magicians on TV talent shows if Apple decided to change the functioning of the calculator on their phones!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I see that it’s still listed on the apple store for 89.99, updated a year ago. I hope propdog can give us an update, maybe have another reputable Dev create another version?
I noticed the first couple of times that he peeked the card. The other ones I’m thinking marked cards. Input method is sneaky, I wonder if he has a remote? It looks very interesting whatever it is
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
There’s no input by the magician as he spreads the cards faster than you could ever input the info. If the deck is truly shuffled beforehand then I’m at a loss how the app knows the order of the deck.
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
It was one of the best apps out there (it possibly will be again) but it has a MAJOR problem...

I’ve paid 99$ (!), it got very few updates (latest was V2.0) and was discontinued pretty quickly.
I remember you had to change the language settings of your phone to read the instructions in english.
Meanwhile it even vanished completely from the App Store and couldn’t used on older phones.
Customer service was non-existent either. It’s a real shame because the app and effect was amazing!

I'd get in touch with PropDog, I don't think anyone else offers more solid customer service.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
This is the Fitch Cheney Five Card Trick.

It is a real fooler. You need to know a little information about the cards that are chosen. Can be done with a knowledgable assistant. At least one other app has been available and previously done with scientific calculator as the assistant.
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
I had this originally. It was the first magic app I had ever used, and like above was disappointed when it didn’t support new versions of iOS,

It’s been such a long time since I used it, but I seem to remember the final phase has a card face up in the deck?
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, jcroop wrote:
This is the Fitch Cheney Five Card Trick.

It is a real fooler. You need to know a little information about the cards that are chosen. Can be done with a knowledgable assistant. At least one other app has been available and previously done with scientific calculator as the assistant.

Combined with the other phases too, there is no back tracking.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Please do share!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, lunatik wrote:
I see that it’s still listed on the apple store for 89.99, updated a year ago. I hope propdog can give us an update, maybe have another reputable Dev create another version?
I noticed the first couple of times that he peeked the card. The other ones I’m thinking marked cards. Input method is sneaky, I wonder if he has a remote? It looks very interesting whatever it is

The version you have found is possibly the rip off (by a guy named Chunjian Cai).
The original was updated 8 years ago to v 2.0.

@Pegasus, the method is very sneaky and you have to train it.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, Harry Patter wrote:
Quote:

I'd get in touch with PropDog, I don't think anyone else offers more solid customer service.

Developers should tell us generally how long their apps will get support.
Iam sure Propdog will handle it right but I know it’s still Yves Doumergue’s app.
I suspect it just got updated for the latest iOS version.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
Quote:

The version you have found is possibly the rip off (by a guy named Chunjian Cai).

I wouldn’t buy it without knowing the method beforehand. Ryan S has set the standard now, and I expect others to follow suit.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn’t buy it without knowing the method beforehand. Ryan S has set the standard now, and I expect others to follow suit.

100% agree.
Ryan had set the benchmark.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

100% agree.

I also agree 100% In fact I would have never purchased Ryan's app if it was not for him sharing the explanation video

Let me say it's a great app some great ideas are already shared on the Facebook group and Ryan is already asking for feedback on ideas for the next update

I have been caught several times in the past with great apps that have suddenly stopped support the Job Archer app was great until he gave up on it , another app was so good that David Copperfield bought the rights to it and everyone else that had previously purchased was left high and

So I am very selective on what apps I purchase now Ryan's app I purchased due to his open policy

And the other app I purchased was nick einhorn DFB again once Nick showed me the workings I knew it was a winner

So I do agree knowing how an app works can only help sales as it's not as if we can make one up ourselves

The bar has been set now and up to prop dog and others to follow
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, Martin.Lester wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

100% agree.

I also agree 100% In fact I would have never purchased Ryan's app if it was not for him sharing the explanation video

Let me say it's a great app some great ideas are already shared on the Facebook group and Ryan is already asking for feedback on ideas for the next update

I have been caught several times in the past with great apps that have suddenly stopped support the Job Archer app was great until he gave up on it , another app was so good that David Copperfield bought the rights to it and everyone else that had previously purchased was left high and

So I am very selective on what apps I purchase now Ryan's app I purchased due to his open policy

And the other app I purchased was nick einhorn DFB again once Nick showed me the workings I knew it was a winner

So I do agree knowing how an app works can only help sales as it's not as if we can make one up ourselves

The bar has been set now and up to prop dog and others to follow

Out of interest what was the app Copperfield bought the rights for?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CardOracle - Now at PropDog (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL