The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New York Coin DVD - advice required (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Betrayal Mix
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Betrayal Mix
I'd like to buy one of the New York Coin DVDs [there's sixteen total, I think] - would it be logical to start with #1 and work my way onwards or were they not designed that way?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3970 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Although each of the volumes stands on its own, I feel it is helpful to watch fhem in krder. Volume one on Coins across is a 2 disc set. They are sold as individual downloads by Vanishingincmagic (sale on now), and Meir Yedid as a DVD boxed set.
https://www.mymagic.com/p/dvds/new-york-......-dvd-set

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......wnloads/
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
bassinator
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
75 Posts

Profile of bassinator
I just picked up the whole series download from Vanishing Inc. which was a great deal. I just started really looking at them.

Volume 1 is a 2 disc set and looks to be the longest of them all. As for straight bang for your buck, that would be a great choice to start with. I really appreciate Dr. Rubinstein's advice too because I was wondering if it would be best to bounce around or go straight through.

Also, Dr. Runinstein provided a list of each volume's table of contents in a previous post:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=489535
Betrayal Mix
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Betrayal Mix
Alright, thanks for the tips, both of you - the fact the whole scheme starts off with a double disc is encouraging.

Not to be a Johnny-Changes-His-Mind on you, but would it be ridiculous to also be eyeing up the Michael Ammar introduction to coin magic as well? I really like Ammar's personality, but I don't want to try and pick up anything from him if he's operating at a different speed to the New York set - it would be like trying to learn skiing and snowboarding at the same time, which is just plain nuts
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6785 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Myself, I'd look for The Encyclopedia Of Coin Sleights by Dr. Michael Rubinstein. Don't know if that 3-vol DVD set is still available.

Doug
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3970 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hey Doug, available as downloads from Vanishingincmagic and I would guess L&L. The Ammar series I hear is pretty good for beginners, and contains great material. It's different than the Seminar stuff, but certainly worth looking at.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
bassinator
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
75 Posts

Profile of bassinator
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, Betrayal Mix wrote:
Alright, thanks for the tips, both of you - the fact the whole scheme starts off with a double disc is encouraging.

Not to be a Johnny-Changes-His-Mind on you, but would it be ridiculous to also be eyeing up the Michael Ammar introduction to coin magic as well? I really like Ammar's personality, but I don't want to try and pick up anything from him if he's operating at a different speed to the New York set - it would be like trying to learn skiing and snowboarding at the same time, which is just plain nuts

I got the Ammar introduction series and David Roth's beginner series from L&L ePub site as downloads. They occasionally do some big discounts there if you keep you eyes open (I got them for 65% off I think). Both are good if you ask me. Dan Watkins has some reviews on his website for a lot of this material that I found helpful (http://www.coinvanish.com)
Betrayal Mix
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Betrayal Mix
Oh, I hadn't even considered the single downloaded lesson option. I just bought David Roth's Vault: Retention - this might be just the start I am looking for, thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New York Coin DVD - advice required (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL