The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lockdown by Steve Cook (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
Hi Liam,

I have just replied to your email. Thank you for the very quick response, especially with the time difference.

When I researched this lock principle and David Jones spoke about his routine, he did not mention Steve’s routine. Actually no-one referred to it, nor did I find anything like it available in 2009.

As Steve predates me, then he deserves full credit & I will update PsyLock to credit him with Digital Dilemma. If Steve would like a complimentary copy, I’m very happy to send him one.

Re posting here, I wasn’t sure who to contact and posted here before contacting you. And yes, I’ve heard nothing but glowing reports about your customer service.

Kind regards,
Richard
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Game over. 😎
Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2020, Doric wrote:
Game over. 😎

This was not a game but a total misunderstanding on my part.

Do something constructive like making a purchase from a reputable dealer like Kaymar Magic.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
All good in the hood Richard. 👍
joneseymagic
View Profile
New user
Dave Jones
62 Posts

Profile of joneseymagic
In response to Richard Paddon's post above. The reason I didn't mention Steve Cook's variation is that I didn't know about i!

For the record, my effect introducing the principle was called 'Davy Jones' Lock', and first appeared on a videotape recorded in 1990 and released by International Magic. This predates Steve's variation by a couple of years. I had been performing it since the late 80's, and I believe my effect was the first to use this principle.

I like Steve very much but, frankly, my version using a diary is much more direct and I greatly prefer it. I would say that though wouldn't I! Smile
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
What are you after here Dave? A credit in the instructions, payment for an idea or for the product to be withdrawn? I'd be interested to know.
joneseymagic
View Profile
New user
Dave Jones
62 Posts

Profile of joneseymagic
I would like the Sudetenland annexed, and my hovercraft filled with eels.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍
Phil Lawson
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Phil Lawson
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2020, joneseymagic wrote:
I would like the Sudetenland annexed, and my hovercraft filled with eels.

Hahahah!!!
Smile
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2020, joneseymagic wrote:
In response to Richard Paddon's post above. The reason I didn't mention Steve Cook's variation is that I didn't know about i!

For the record, my effect introducing the principle was called 'Davy Jones' Lock', and first appeared on a videotape recorded in 1990 and released by International Magic. This predates Steve's variation by a couple of years. I had been performing it since the late 80's, and I believe my effect was the first to use this principle.

I like Steve very much but, frankly, my version using a diary is much more direct and I greatly prefer it. I would say that though wouldn't I! Smile

Where can I find your diary effect?

joneseymagic
View Profile
New user
Dave Jones
62 Posts

Profile of joneseymagic
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2020, academy wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2020, joneseymagic wrote:

Where can I find your diary effect?

The notes are long out of print. You may find a copy of the videotape on the 2nd hand market. I’m not sure it’s available on dvd.

It’s definitely in this book:

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/locked-jim-kleefeld-book/
joneseymagic
View Profile
New user
Dave Jones
62 Posts

Profile of joneseymagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lockdown by Steve Cook (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL