The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (102 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..18~19~20 [Next]
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
147 Posts

Profile of Martin Andersen
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
I have never received an e-mail update ? And I'm surprised that is now spoken of deficiencies in the production, but which were not explained here in more detail ? I read only that some boards have not passed the final test, where I wonder how such a thing can happen with a relatively simple electronic circuit. I hope that I will soon receive an e-mail update and that the delivery of flawless boards no longer takes so long. However, it is regrettable that the shipping now also causes difficulties and additional costs. The addition of a rechargeable battery with charger is a praiseworthy consolation for the extended waiting time. I hope that ultimately everything turns out well for everyone.

Updates were sent only to batch 1 and 2. We were hoping batch 3 to have no delays, but I'm afraid it will be delayed also. I will send email to them when the moment comes. Now we are focused on delivering 1 and 2 this days.

THIS IS NOT A SIMPLE ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT. Its what is supposed to look like, but inside its quite complex to produce. This project has been rejected by more than 10 electronic circuit factories.

No one will have to pay any extra because of the shipping problems. We will bear this costs, as well as the rechargeable batteries and chargers. Everything will be exactly as promised, or even MUCH better. Except for the shipping date. We are really sorry for that and working to solve it.
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Kenco
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Kenco
Thanks for the update Martin, I'll keep waiting patiently for the 3 batch and wish you lots of luck with all your hard work.
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
147 Posts

Update email sent to 1 and 2 batch. Can now place order using the coupon in the email Smile
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
NOT HAPPY!

I am outraged that you want to charge a fee for reliable methods to pay with a credit card. I decided to try the ("works worst") free payment through Redsis and got an error that the page couldn't be opened AFTER I had already submitted my credit card information. Now I don't know if my order went through or not. I've emailed you, Martin. Worse, I'm wondering if Redsis has now stolen my credit card information.

It is VERY disingenuous for a business to force the buyer to pay EXTRA to use a credit card safely and in a reliable manner. You should have included these fees in the original price of your product.

PayPal's credit card fee for an item in this price range is 2%. That's about $3.20. Yet, you are asking for about $15 in fees if I want to use PayPal.

And now my Coupon Code won't work anymore (trying to order another one because I think the first one didn't work).

NOT HAPPY right now.

Mark
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
147 Posts

Oh, Mark so sorry. Working against the clock, maybe something is not well explained.
ALL THE PAYMENT METHODS PROVIDED ARE SECURE, you are safe. No need to worry about that.

Let me explain it:

There are 2 credit card payment methods. REDSYS is an European company, which complies with EU regulation. It has more strict validation methods and therefore sometimes it can reject USA payments if not all the security checks are passed. While STRIPE is a USA company, and accept payments which usually don't fail. But this payment gateway has higher fees for us.

Paypal is a ripoff for small companies. They charge a fixed fee + variable fee + cross-border fee. For a payment of 159€, Paypal gets 9€ fee (we charge 8.74€ extra for Paypal). Multiply this by 150 orders...
If you want to know more about Paypal check this: https://transferwise.com/gb/paypal-fee-calculator/

Taking in consideration that we are offering a very high discount over the product price and a low profit margin, we can not bear the cost of paypal. As you mentioned we could higher the price and charge 170€ to get the paypal fee included in the price in order to receive 159€. We think that there are other payment methods without this high fees, all safe. You can even pay ACH transfer to USA account, which is usually free of charge.

If anyone don't want to pay extra fees, and had problems with REDSYS payment gateway, just contact us to find a solution.

Regarding coupon code don't worry, we will activate again. As mentioned on the email, any question or problem please reply to that email to get support. Asking for help here is not the best method, as I don't check as often as the email.

Regards
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Martin,

I just tried to order again, my coupon code does not work. And I *did* reply to the email I received (more than 2 hours ago) and I have not received a response.

So, still dead in the water.

And your cart is showing "Fee + 11,42 €" for PayPal, not the 8.74€ you are quoting above.

Mark
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
@Mark if it helps I used paypal I'm not sure what my fee said during the order process...but my reciet from ideaa lab does show the pp fee being 8.74% as per what martin quoted
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Magicalos wrote:
@Mark if it helps I used paypal I'm not sure what my fee said during the order process...but my reciet from ideaa lab does show the pp fee being 8.74% as per what martin quoted

Martin says 8.74 euros, not 8.74%.

And if really is only 8.74 euros, why does the cart show it to be 11.42 euros?

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Well, I figured out why Martin didn't respond to my email. The email I received with the ordering information was from "info@ideaalab.com". However, when I hit "reply" to that email it got automatically addressed to "no-reply@ideaalab.com". I did not notice the change.

Martin, I've now emailed you using the proper address.

Mark
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
798 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:

Mark

These payment options are not welcoming, I have never seen anything like this before

I also see additional high shipping costs, thought shipping is included in the price

Is a standard shipping free but without tracking number and without insurance ?
Kenco
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Kenco
Wow I hope this all gets sorted out for the 3 batch and I can only imagine the PayPal fee being higher since our discount is lower and price higher. Hopefully there are no other surprises that keep popping up. Fingers crossed and patiently waiting.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:

Mark

These payment options are not welcoming, I have never seen anything like this before

I also see additional high shipping costs, thought shipping is included in the price

Is a standard shipping free but without tracking number and without insurance ?

There is a FREE SHIPPING option that is not seen in the screen grab I captured. I was concentrating on capturing the payment fee area and wasn't paying attention to the shipping area that got added.

So, no worries... FREE shipping is available. I don't know how long it will take, but it's available.

The free shipping makes NO MENTION of tracking or insurance.

Mark
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Order placed... now the waiting Smile
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Magicalos wrote:

Martin says 8.74 euros, not 8.74%.

And if really is only 8.74 euros, why does the cart show it to be 11.42 euros?

Mark

my mistake!! I ment to say the order said 8.74 euros!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Martin responded to my email and gave me a new coupon code. He urged me to try REDSYS payment again. I was hesitant, but he assured me that my coupon code would work again if the 2nd order also failed due to REDSYS error.

Thankfully, REDSYS worked this time. After submitting my credit card information, REDSYS took me to a screen generated by my bank prompting me to request a text message sent to my mobile phone to generate a security password to authorize REDSYS to use the card. The text came through successfully, I entered the supplied password in the appropriate spot, and my payment cleared.

So, I was successful in ordering without any addition payment fee and with free shipping.

Thank you, Martin! Now, like Mr. Talbot, the wait begins.

Mark
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
147 Posts

Mark, don't know why you are being charged 11.42€ instead of 8.74€. Do you have more products in the cart? The higher the total, the higher the Paypal fee. Otherwise please refresh the page. It should be as mentioned. Anyway, glad to hear you could place the order succesfuly with REDSYS. Its a secure payment gateway Smile

Usually websites don't charge you a Paypal fee, because they are already charging you that in the price of the product. But they don't make any discount if you pay by other means. So you are always paying the fee, even when you don't pay with paypal.
We think its more fair to NOT CHARGE YOU the paypal fee in the price, and only pay it if you want to.
Some are complaining because of this, but do you prefer to pay 169€ instead, and not having the option to get the "fee discount"? Most of you are paying with credit card, through REDSYS gateway with no problems. This way I think its more fair.

Shipping offered with Switch Board is FREE, and has tracking number. Its not the fastest shipping method. Usually can take about 1 week to Europe, and about 2-3 weeks rest of the world. Sometimes even some more, but not likely.
For those who want to get it fast, we offer an urgen option for +15€. Just in case you don't want to wait longer.

Insurance is not included. Usually parcels are not lost, at least not my experience over thousands of orders through the past years. If anyone wants to insure the shipping please write me an email, we will check that option for you.

Friends, I'm working after hours, and will be working all weekend. Any question just send me an email.
don't be afraid, and don't be pessimistic. Our company is 10 years old. We successfully brought several high class magic products, and anyone who know us can tell you our service is top notch. Warranty, after sales, advice... We make mistakes like everyone, but we work very hard to solve every problem.
geordiediver
View Profile
Regular user
With a phantasmagorical...
104 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Hi,
I ordered mine this morning with no hitches. Used a debit card and free posing, it all come in at 143 pounds sterling, I'm happy with that.
I think it ticks all the boxes for me, magic is a hobby and passion but I work as an electronics engineer.

Thanks Martin for getting this pulled together Smile
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1278 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Do people still waiting for the first batch to arrive?
Did anybody received the product yet?

@Martin, is it possible to get notified when its in stock regularly?
kiketron
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Ordered mine today.
No issues or problems at all. I used my credit card.
I was charged the balance once I used the one use coupon code they emailed me.
If everything goes well it will be here before the month ends

Thanks Martin
Step into the unknown
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
798 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Switch Board Spare Parts & Acrylic Cover Protection

https://ideaalab.com/en/shop/switch-board-spare-parts-detail
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (102 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL