We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (102 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..19~20~21 [Next]
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, kiketron wrote:
Mine will arrive on Tuesday-Wednesday.
Can’t wait

where are you located? how did you get that info? do you have tracking? what wave were you in?
kiketron
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Magicalos wrote:
Quote:
Can’t wait

where are you located? how did you get that info? do you have tracking? what wave were you in?

Spain, 1st batch (wave);Martin published at fb they will ship batch 1 and 2 next Monday; no tracking yet but MRW takes a couple of days to arrive inside Spain , so I guess mine will arrive aprox wednesday
Step into the unknown
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Magicalos wrote:
Quote:
Can’t wait

Spain, 1st batch (wave);Martin published at fb they will ship batch 1 and 2 next Monday; no tracking yet but MRW takes a couple of days to arrive inside Spain , so I guess mine will arrive aprox wednesday

AHHHHHHH so lucky!!!! you gotta tell us how it is!!!! I'm in the US and Batch 1 so mine will be awhile...cant wait ive been all over this ever since MadisonH talked about the prototype....so excited!!!!
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
147 Posts

Profile of Martin Andersen
Yesterday we started with the shipping process. The actual shipping will begin tomorrow, and yesterday and today we are adding each order in system of different shipping companies depending on your countries and shipping method selected. As we don't have any direct integration we have to manually copy the address, select which shipping method to use, weight, insurance, print shipping labels, etc... its a lot of work for 100 orders. We have to rethink this for the future! Smile

Meanwhile we are finishing the translation of the instructions, and I have a question, hope you can help me with this.
How do you say in English when the magician make a mistake, but this is part of the plot, and finally at the end he solves the problem. Im not talking about a sucker effect, but instead like a prediction that is wrong, but then the magician turn it upside down for example, and now the prediction is correct.
Ive asked on a FB group some weeks ago, and several people told me this is called "Magician in trouble", but I would like to confirm, or otherwise hear better suggestions.

Thanks!
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
551 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Martin - I will endorse the phrase "magician in trouble" but what happens might also be described as a "reversal of fortune."
kiketron
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2021, Martin Andersen wrote:

Meanwhile we are finishing the translation of the instructions, and I have a question, hope you can help me with this.
How do you say in English when the magician make a mistake, but this is part of the plot, and finally at the end he solves the problem. Im not talking about a sucker effect, but instead like a prediction that is wrong, but then the magician turn it upside down for example, and now the prediction is correct.
Ive asked on a FB group some weeks ago, and several people told me this is called "Magician in trouble", but I would like to confirm, or otherwise hear better suggestions.

Thanks!

Apparent failure ?
Equivoque?
Just some ideas
Step into the unknown
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:

I would not abbreviate it in a word or term, as not all people who order this trick are proficient in the English language and such certain meanings. I would explain everything so that everyone can understand it and if a small execution is necessary, I would do this. A small example is always the best way to make something understandable.
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
147 Posts

Thanks for all suggestions! With 2 hours of video explanations I think all aspects are mostly explained Smile
Still the written instructions go even deeper.
Anyway I took Magic Dust advice and instead of using an specific term, I simply explain it.
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
Thanks for all suggestions! With 2 hours of video explanations I think all aspects are mostly explained Smile
Anyway I took Magic Dust advice and instead of using an specific term, I simply explain it.

that's great!!!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

Always nice to see a creator/manufacturer so open and accepting of market feedback.
I applaud you Martin!👏
kiketron
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Just received mine!!!!
Yeeehaa!!!
It comes with a Quick Start guide, a QR registering code and even a gift sweet that reads: F**ck 2020
I’ll be testing it the next few hours and let you know
Step into the unknown
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2021, kiketron wrote:
Just received mine!!!!
Yeeehaa!!!
It comes with a Quick Start guide, a QR registering code and even a gift sweet that reads: F**ck 2020

soooo jelly...im wave 1 but in US so mine should come in the next week or two I'm guessing.....cant waaaait
did you get a shipping email for it?
kiketron
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2021, Magicalos wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2021, kiketron wrote:
Just received mine!!!!
Yeeehaa!!!

soooo jelly...im wave 1 but in US so mine should come in the next week or two I'm guessing.....cant waaaait
did you get a shipping email for it?

No, no shipping email. Just arrived as expected
Step into the unknown
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
147 Posts

International shippings should get an automated email with tracking number.
geordiediver
View Profile
Regular user
With a phantasmagorical...
104 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Hi Martin,
When to you foresee the international (UK) orders being shipped?
My order is still in the "Prepared" state.

Thank you.
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2021, geordiediver wrote:
Hi Martin,
When to you foresee the international (UK) orders being shipped?
My order is still in the "Prepared" state.

Thank you.

same here (in terms of 'prepared' state) but I'm in .US
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
147 Posts

I can not check everyone. Many were sent yesterday, many others were sent today. Tomorrow will ship most of the pending ones, and probably some others on Monday. As for every country we need to ship with different shipping company, and some of you paid for urgent shipping, others regular shipping... we have to improve this for the next time. Its really difficult.
Moreover, some of you didn't/couldnt apply the discount coupon correctly, so each one we prepare we have to check if a refund has to be made. And on top of that, we have dozens of emails with questions, requests, etc from the orders. So we need to check that if there is any special treatment to be made to each of the orders. Really really time consuming Smile
geordiediver
View Profile
Regular user
With a phantasmagorical...
104 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Thanks for getting back to us Martin, you seem a very busy chap Smile
We will just have to wait and see!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Martin,

I won't add to your email load unnecessarily. But I'm taking you at your word (above). If I haven't received a shipping notice email with tracking by Monday, I will be reaching out.

Mark
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Martin,

I won't add to your email load unnecessarily. But I'm taking you at your word (above). If I haven't received a shipping notice email with tracking by Monday, I will be reaching out.

Mark

you can also keep track of your order on the website by checking your accounts order page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (102 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..19~20~21 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL