The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..22~23~24 [Next]
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
Mine has been updated with the same thing, but it also says that as of today it's still in Spain. Fingers crossed that the delivery date is correct.

-Brian
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I emailed Martin and he provided me with the webpage and password for the instructions. For those that already have access to that page, do the videos play okay for you? I am having issues with the videos pausing (for 30+ seconds at a time) after only a few seconds of play. I tried by Safari and Chrome browsers on my Mac.

I sure hope Martin decides to allow us to download the videos instead of relying on their web page only.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
So my UPS updated...it says its in germany now??? but will be delivered monday?! (UPS forget I live in the US? lol)
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
That's probably accurate. Apparently, UPS has a big hub in Cologne (Koeln). It will likely make its way to the US tonight.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-relea......ort.html
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2021, ekins wrote:
That's probably accurate. Apparently, UPS has a big hub in Cologne (Koeln). It will likely make its way to the US tonight.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-relea......ort.html

good looking out! had no idea....hopefully!!! time will tell...nother lonnng weekend ugh cmon monday Smile
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Profile of Martin Andersen
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
I emailed Martin and he provided me with the webpage and password for the instructions. seconds at a time) after only a few seconds of play. I tried by Safari and Chrome browsers on my Mac.

I sure hope Martin decides to allow us to download the videos instead of relying on their web page only.

The videos are working good for me and nobody experienced this issue as far I can tell. Maybe if your computer is very old then this page is very heavy for it (it loads 16 videos at the same time).
You can try to click on the "Alugha" logo in the player to watch the video directly on the video server page. Its not my page where they are hosted, so you don't have to rely on my website.
Videos will not be able for download, we are in 21th century Smile
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 3, 2021, rhettbryson wrote:
I will give a small warning for all who are awaiting the Switchboard. Mine, at least, did NOT come with a charging cable (the charging unit was included.) I found that I had to charge the beaneries before I could use the Switchboard. You will need a micro USB to USB charging cable to do the job. Luckily I had one or I would have been forced to go out and get some of the non-rechargeable batteries of the same size to use until I had purchased the needed cable. Maybe they assumed that everybody had one of these cables.... maybe they do?

Sorry for the cable, but its part of our commitment with the environment. Micro USB cables are SO SPREAD, and almost everyone have at least one, if not dozens of them. They come with cellphone chargers, computer connections, photo cameras... So we though not to contribute to the general waste of plastic and pollution. I guess you was one of the minority users that didn't had that cable. But think the other way around! The other 99 users did have one, and we saved 99 cables in the trash Smile
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
⭐️ Switch Board with Acrylic Case protection ⭐️

Click here to view attached image.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, Martin Andersen wrote:
The videos are working good for me and nobody experienced this issue as far I can tell. Maybe if your computer is very old then this page is very heavy for it (it loads 16 videos at the same time).
You can try to click on the "Alugha" logo in the player to watch the video directly on the video server page. Its not my page where they are hosted, so you don't have to rely on my website.
Videos will not be able for download, we are in 21th century Smile

FWIW, my computer is a 4-year old iMac with 3.5GHz Core i7 processor with wired internet (not WiFi) and consistent download speed of 225+ Mbps.

Using Apple Mac Safari browser: When I go to the Switch Board Instructions page the embedded YouTube video at the top of the page works perfectly. Further down, NONE of the embedded Alugha videos will load. In Safari, I get this for each of the embedded Alugha videos:

https://www.thephotobooth.net/Magic/Swit......spSWpk/A

The circle in the red square just spins and spins and spins. I left it trying to load for more than 10 minutes and it would not load. And if it doesn't start playing, there is no Alugha logo to click on.

Using Google Chrome browser: The embedded Alugha videos on the Switch Board Instructions page DO load and play, but I experienced frequent pausing (buffering). Fortunately, once they do start playing, the Alugha logo is available to click on and then I can go to the Alugha website and play the videos there. They play perfectly fine at the Alugha website (no buffering or pausing).

Further, if I copy the URL for any of the videos on the Alugha website and paste that URL in a Safari browser window, they also play fine in Safari (no buffering or pausing).

So, CLEARLY, there is some kind of issue with how the Ideaa Switch Box Instruction page is formatted/designed that is causing fits for Safari (and buffering for Chrome) on the Mac.

And you are right, it *is* the 21st Century. Which means there are ways to download the videos whether the host wants you to or not. Smile

I shared this information directly via email but I thought it was worth posting here too, in case any Mac users run into the same issue.

Mark
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

I will update later when I try from the iMac I have at home.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:

FWIW, my computer is a 4-year old iMac with 3.5GHz Core i7 processor with wired internet

I am sitting in front of a MacBook Air from 2017 with OS Mojave and with Safari all videos run flawlessly
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
FWIW they play just fine in Chrome on my 2011 MacBookPro running High Sierra
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, Magicalos wrote:
FWIW they play just fine in Chrome on my 2011 MacBookPro running High Sierra

Just tried Chrome browser again on my 2016 27" iMac running High Sierra. It seems to be working okay (yay).

Tried Safari browser again too. No go. Same constant spinning circle I linked above for ALL of the videos on the Instructions page.

I looked through all of my Safari settings, I do not have any content blockers loaded. Nor are there any extensions loaded. I see nothing on Safari's end that should be causing a problem.

Maybe if I updated my iMac to Mojave?

Mark
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
Mine in now in Louisville, Kentucky with the expected delivery being Monday by 3 pm.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, ekins wrote:
Mine in now in Louisville, Kentucky with the expected delivery being Monday by 3 pm.

Same here, getting closer!!
geordiediver
View Profile
Regular user
With a phantasmagorical...
107 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Had a good chance to play with the Switch Board this morning and it is fantastic.

It just works as advertised and very easy to use.
The main feature I like is you can programme in your own routines (you can pick from 7 in any order)
so you can have a short routine as well as a long one already in the board and you can pick which one you want to use.

It is very well built and it just looks like a single PCB with a battery and four switches and bulbs, nothing to see at all.

Supplied with two batteries which are rechargeable and a cloth bag to carry it all in, it just works out of the tin

Thanks Martin Smile
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Ooooh its now in my city but not out for delivery until monday
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Mine was scanned in Louisville, KY as of 5:41am this morning. Yay!

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I received an automated notification from UPS that I have a package from Spain being delivered tomorrow. I hope that is correct. However, when I look at the tracking, the package still hasn't been scanned anywhere in the U.S. yet. So, I'm not holding my breath. Maybe the morning will bring more promising news?

Mark
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I personally like the Raincloud Version as it’s more organic looking to me more simple,
http://www.raincloudmagic.com/custom-magic/ (Scroll down a bit)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (131 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL