The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
brainman
View Profile
Special user
971 Posts

Profile of brainman
Have it... love it ; )
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Profile of Martin Andersen
Oh! I don't know why I was not receiving notifications from the forum and missed several pages of replies Smile
Thanks all for all the support and great reviews we are receiving about Switch Board. I was aware that this was the product were we dedicated more time and effort, but all your messages makes me feel very proud of it.

Quote:
On Sep 15, 2021, Thomas Walter wrote:
I think you could ask Martin how many acrylic covers he've sold. (But you could not be sure how many user actually use them.)
But personally I use it, mainly to protect the board.

On the under side there are solder points and I don't think it is a good idea that you, by mistake, put the board on top of, say, a metal paperclip or any other metal object! A shortage or other damages might happen! (Maybe Martin will inform us?)
That is the reason I use the cover.

I agree with Ekat that the "naked" look is better though, but I will use the cover.
Considering the price to get a spare.... well... Smile

I have had mine for four months now and used and performed with it many many times, and it has never failed! Great product indeed!

About the acrylic cover, well to my taste I prefer without it. But most of you are getting the acrylic case, and those who don't usually end up buying it a few days after receiving their Switch Board. Its a pity, because shipping is as expensive as the acrylic case, so if you are in doubt, maye better to buy it together than having to pay "twice the price" a few days later.

Its true that placing the board over a metal surface can short the connections. That is something to avoid, but we took some internal precautions so probably you wont end up burning your board... its more likely to kill the rechargeable battery insted. Still be careful as warranty don't cover those kind of problems.

BTW, several of you were interested on buying a second circuit as a spare, so now you can buy only the circuit if you want:
https://ideaalab.com/en/shop/magic/switc......s-detail

And its true, as someone stated a few days ago, this is our last production as no factory is willing to fabricate more. We have enough stock for now, but don't wait to much as it might be too late Smile

Cant wait to watch Michael's review! Smile
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I included the acrylic cover with my purchase as Martin suggests, not being sure if I would end up using it. As it turns out I too prefer the look of the “naked” board.

But I did use the tiny fasteners supplied with the acrylic cover by themselves without using the actual cover. Just put the small bolts through the board with the coupling nuts on the underside to act as short legs to elevate the soldered connections enough so as not to make contact with any surface the board is placed on.

I originally thought the board itself would be somewhat fragile without the covers and could possibly snap if carried in a pocket or dropped. But upon receiving it I found it to be much more robust than I had anticipated so I found the acrylic covers to be unnecessary.
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Hey!
Just want to say that due to the new European Union regulation we will have to charge VAT tax according to each country (within EU). That is an increase of 19% to 25% Smile
Price rise will be effective next Monday 1st November.
This also applies to spare parts. Anyone interested is suggested to buy before Monday to avoid the rise.
Regards!
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2021, Martin Andersen wrote:
Hey! Just want to say that due to the new European Union regulation we will have to charge
VAT tax according to each country (within EU) - That is an increase of 19% to 25% - Smile

If you sell Switch Board inside the EU you have to charge VAT and outside EU selling no VAT ?

As I know the new EU law is working since 1. Juli 2021 but only for outside EU products ...
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Since July 1st there are several new policies. One of this is that sales within EU should have VAT tax applied at the rate of the destination country.
So Switch Board sales with VAT tax only apply for EU countries. Outside EU the price is still the same.
Christian_de_Punto
View Profile
New user
Earth - Europe - Germany 138 plus
86 Posts

Profile of Christian_de_Punto
If somebody wants to sell one second-hand switch board, please pm me. thanks.
amazingvijay
View Profile
Loyal user
N. California Bay Area
230 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
Just got one. This is truly fantastic - fools everyone!!

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Is the price on the website in POUNDS?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
By default, I think Euros, but you can change the currency.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ah! Ok, thanks. So I guess that means around $290....
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Switch Board owners... Run, don't walk, to the Switch Board Facebook Group to see the video that Martin posted an hour ago. It's a new feature that's coming to complement our Switch Boards.

How would like to be able to control one of the bulbs with its corresponding switch when the bulb is NOT screwed into the socket? The bulb is just lying on the table, yet the switch still turns the bulb on and off.

Martin does not show how it's done but says it should be available to order in 2-3 months. In reply to a question, he posted that we will not have to send in our Switch Boards for modification.

Based on the video, it looks entirely clean and fair. No tricky moves (that I can see).

Hopefully, Martin will share the video here too.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
trickymagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trickymagic
Right? it looks amazing... and if I know him, its going to be as amazing as it looks...
Ezekiel Jump
-carpe diem-
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Here there is a preview of what we are working on right now:
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Martin - That is the MOST fabulous finish for a wonderful trick! Congratulations to you for coming up with such a wonderful addition to the Switch Board. WHEN can I buy one - I want to be first in line....
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Rhett, Sorry, I got in line before you! Smile

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
That does look amazing! But I do wonder if that will make people then just conclude that the whole thing is wireless anyway, and that "explains" all the other effects...
laenan
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of laenan
Hi Martin!
This looks great! Just wondering, if this will work with the standard-version of the switch board, as I'm thinking about buying it (today). It another version would be needed, I would wait some more time...
StraightTalkMagicReviews
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of StraightTalkMagicReviews
REVIEW: Switch Board by Martin Andersen
RATING: 9.5 out of 10
LINK TO REVIEW: http://straighttalkmagicreviews.com/swit......lab-com/
PRICE: 245 Euro (approximately $275)

Never play with a switch board before (like me)? Well, this baby is worth checking out. Over the years I have seen various switch boards for sale and they have all been very expensive. More expensive than Martin Andersen’s Switch Board. I never saw it in action other than in internet videos and they never really grabbed my attention. Until now! I have changed my mind after playing with Andersen’s Switch Board brought to you by www.ideaalab.com. As I describe below, the Switch Board is a great magical toy that is so much fun to perform. It is extremely interactive with your spectators who enjoy this trick much more than I imagined they would.

Once you learn the Switch Board routine, you show that each switch turn on the light across from the light bulb. You can hand out the Switch Board to the spectators and they can play with the lights and see that it is simple; switch 1 turns on the light in position 1 and so on. Then, however, you ask the spectator to switch all the light bulbs around in different positions and the switches (which are covered with colored removable plastic tops) turn on the color appropriate bulb. So, if the first blub was red when you started, the top of the switch had a red cap. But, when you move the red bulb to a different position, the first switch with the red cap on it still turns on the red light. Then you move all the plastic colored caps to different switches and the red switch in a new position turns on the red light and the same goes for all the different colors. Then you can move the caps across from the colored bulbs and they turn on the right color. There is nothing special about the plastic caps and no one will think it is specially designed. You can take a plastic cap off the switch and it won’t turn on a colored blub, but if you put in a white light bulb in the corresponding slot, then it will turn on. You can switch 2 light bulbs and the color matching switches will still work. You can take on plastic cap off of one switch and put it on top of another switch so there are two colored plastic caps and then both those lights turn on. So, for instance, you take the yellow cap off the switch and put the yellow cap on top of the blue switch so you can see both caps and that one switch will turn on both the yellow and blue lights. You can take off any colored cap (let’s say green) and leave the switch on and the green light will turn off even though the switch is still on. There is a very cool prediction effect in which the spectator arranges the lights in an order and it matches what the performer set up on the Switch Board. There is so much here and because this is an open source platform you can program your own Switch Board however you like.

Although the effect may sound a bit dry, trust me, your spectators will really get a kick out of this. The Switch Board is not something that anyone has seen before and it is memorable and fun to play with. I love the fact that the spectators have such a hug role in playing in selecting what color blub and cap goes where.

What you get with your 245 Euro purchase (approximately $275) is a high quality switch board with 4 slots for different color lights (Red, Blue, Yellow and Green). There is a switch across from each light and the open battery compartment is on the top of the Switch Board so you see and can remove the battery. The Switch Board is a touch less than 4 inches long and 2 and-a-half inches wide. It is just a bit longer than a playing card. The base is about 5 or 6 playing cards thick. The beauty of the Switch Board is in its’ simplicity.

The Switch Board comes in a beautiful silver metal box with form fitted foam that holds the Switch Board, two rechargeable batteries, 14 lights (three of each color and two white lights) and several colored plastic caps that fit on top of the switches. You get a micro USB charger for the batteries, a product registration card (some ideaalab stickers) and some nuts and bolts that are needed to attach an optional sold acrylic case, which is sold separately. You also get a Quick Start Guide, which is a small pamphlet.

The instructional video and written instructions are password protected and hosted on the www.ideaalab.com website. There is a ton of information and ideas on the website and it took me a very long time to get through it all. The instructional videos are taught by Andersen and dubbed into English. There are many videos and many written instructions that are clear to understand, but it will take some time to go through it all and learn how to use the Switch Board. I needed to take notes on the videos which helped me remember how to do the various effects. You will be required to remember some combinations to make this work and the order of the effects, which is why I took notes. Learning the trick can be daunting, but it is worth it. I would suggest a bit of practice so you can get your presentation down cold.

Everything you need is provided and once you charge the batteries, you are ready to roll. I found that when the batteries were starting to get depleted and almost entirely out of juice that the blue lights would not light up and then the green started to fade. The easy solution is to keep the two batteries charged and don’t leave a battery in the Switch Board.

As I mentioned above, this is a unique trick and baffling for your spectators. This is a trick that can be done in a strolling situation, in a small parlour setting and with friends and small groups. I was very impressed with the quality of the product and can highly recommend this to anyone that is interested in this effect.
At Straight Talk Magic Reviews we tell it to you straight and do not sell any product. Visit us for magic product reviews only at www.straighttalkmagicreviews.com or at https://www.facebook.com/groups/StraightTalkMagicReviews/
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
Martin, will we be seeing the new switchboard addition before the end of the year? Would crossing my fingers help? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (131 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL