We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (107 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
962 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
With the Switch Board you can have a lot of magic fun ✨

Thomas Walter
View Profile
Veteran user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
392 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2021, videoman wrote:
So now that some time has passed how many are using the acrylic covers on their Switchboard?

I think you could ask Martin how many acrylic covers he've sold. (But you could not be sure how many user actually use them.)
But personally I use it, mainly to protect the board.

On the under side there are solder points and I don't think it is a good idea that you, by mistake, put the board on top of, say, a metal paperclip or any other metal object! A shortage or other damages might happen! (Maybe Martin will inform us?)
That is the reason I use the cover.

I agree with Ekat that the "naked" look is better though, but I will use the cover.
Considering the price to get a spare.... well... Smile

I have had mine for four months now and used and performed with it many many times, and it has never failed! Great product indeed!
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
705 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
My switchboard review will be going live next week! You can choose to watch now or wait till the premier! Enjoy!

Watch premier (set reminder) HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rQFAkDk......_93j2N1L

Watch now (join and become a member) HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcpLX3DD......&index=2
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
brainman
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of brainman
Have it... love it ; )
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
148 Posts

Profile of Martin Andersen
Oh! I don't know why I was not receiving notifications from the forum and missed several pages of replies Smile
Thanks all for all the support and great reviews we are receiving about Switch Board. I was aware that this was the product were we dedicated more time and effort, but all your messages makes me feel very proud of it.

Quote:
On Sep 15, 2021, Thomas Walter wrote:
I think you could ask Martin how many acrylic covers he've sold. (But you could not be sure how many user actually use them.)
But personally I use it, mainly to protect the board.

On the under side there are solder points and I don't think it is a good idea that you, by mistake, put the board on top of, say, a metal paperclip or any other metal object! A shortage or other damages might happen! (Maybe Martin will inform us?)
That is the reason I use the cover.

I agree with Ekat that the "naked" look is better though, but I will use the cover.
Considering the price to get a spare.... well... Smile

I have had mine for four months now and used and performed with it many many times, and it has never failed! Great product indeed!

About the acrylic cover, well to my taste I prefer without it. But most of you are getting the acrylic case, and those who don't usually end up buying it a few days after receiving their Switch Board. Its a pity, because shipping is as expensive as the acrylic case, so if you are in doubt, maye better to buy it together than having to pay "twice the price" a few days later.

Its true that placing the board over a metal surface can short the connections. That is something to avoid, but we took some internal precautions so probably you wont end up burning your board... its more likely to kill the rechargeable battery insted. Still be careful as warranty don't cover those kind of problems.

BTW, several of you were interested on buying a second circuit as a spare, so now you can buy only the circuit if you want:
https://ideaalab.com/en/shop/magic/switc......s-detail

And its true, as someone stated a few days ago, this is our last production as no factory is willing to fabricate more. We have enough stock for now, but don't wait to much as it might be too late Smile

Cant wait to watch Michael's review! Smile
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5591 Posts

Profile of videoman
I included the acrylic cover with my purchase as Martin suggests, not being sure if I would end up using it. As it turns out I too prefer the look of the “naked” board.

But I did use the tiny fasteners supplied with the acrylic cover by themselves without using the actual cover. Just put the small bolts through the board with the coupling nuts on the underside to act as short legs to elevate the soldered connections enough so as not to make contact with any surface the board is placed on.

I originally thought the board itself would be somewhat fragile without the covers and could possibly snap if carried in a pocket or dropped. But upon receiving it I found it to be much more robust than I had anticipated so I found the acrylic covers to be unnecessary.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (107 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL