The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » TCC Engraved Cups and Wand (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
831 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
At the risk of sounding like a TCC fanboy.

Has anyone seen the pictures of the Engraved Cups and Wand they have been posting on their Facebook page?! Holy crap. Looks really nice.

What's the general consensus with using Engraved cups in actual performance? Magician's cups are not organic objects anyways, why not just amp it up. Could be an interesting patter/premise.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
49 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
I agree. I don’t think they look gimmicky, just elegant. Almost like they came from the table of Kimg Arthur. As with most things you just need to decide if it fits your style. For me, I think they would. I wonder how they will wear in actual performance and if they have a “ring.”
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1617 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
They are nice cups, however for me the engraving is too busy and too pronounced. Compared them to Sherwood cups.I think something more subtle would benefit the look of the cups. But this is just a subjective opinion.
Price is aprox $230 shipped, for the cups balls and case, really on the inexpensive size for cups of this size and finished
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
467 Posts

Profile of ekins
The engraving is a bit bold and I'm still deciding if I like it or not. The knives are what caught my eye. Unfortunately, it doesn't say if there's any texture to the black knives or not. From the pictures, it looks like they're probably smooth but it's hard to tell.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
831 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2020, ekins wrote:
The engraving is a bit bold and I'm still deciding if I like it or not. The knives are what caught my eye. Unfortunately, it doesn't say if there's any texture to the black knives or not. From the pictures, it looks like they're probably smooth but it's hard to tell.


I remember reading in one of the comments replies. No. Both sides are smooth.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2731 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I had the same thoughts as pabloinus. Way over done on the engraving and the style of it.
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
49 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
The bottom of the cups look flat, not concave to,keep,a,ball from rolling off, or is that just my imagination?
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1145 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2020, Jbond207 wrote:
The bottom of the cups look flat, not concave to,keep,a,ball from rolling off, or is that just my imagination?


Hard to tell the depthness of the saddles from the photos. The engraving is a bit over the top but I like these cups. They're reminiscent of Vernon's silver engraved cups. Make no mistake about it, the color changing knives set, the cups, and the wand all appear to be value for the money. I could no longer ignore TCC and jumped on their Kickstarter 12 inch linking rings project last month. With Michael Ammar behind that I'm reassured of quality and transparency.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1617 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Kickstarter is open. I looked again at the C&B, it is tempting, but like in previous KS projects the shipping is big $42 to the US, so the cups will be $250 shipped to NY. Still not bad but between the look and the price I am back to the fence.
Will see

Pablo
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
831 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2020, pabloinus wrote:
Kickstarter is open. I looked again at the C&B, it is tempting, but like in previous KS projects the shipping is big $42 to the US, so the cups will be $250 shipped to NY. Still not bad but between the look and the price I am back to the fence.
Will see

Pablo


That's pretty reasonable shipping, considering that it looks to be a very big package to ship.
I pay more for shipping from USA to Malaysia from say Hocus-Pocus. Smile


Quote:
On Nov 27, 2020, Jbond207 wrote:
The bottom of the cups look flat, not concave to,keep,a,ball from rolling off, or is that just my imagination?


I guess it won't be a pronounced concave due the the engravings if compared to if they were no engravings.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1617 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Yin_howe,my comment about the shipping is because a price of $199 is misleading when you need to add 20% shipping. My price is now $240, still lower, but closer to a RNT2 cup. Nevertheless if you like the look and for you the price+shipping is ok, buy it.
Where in Malasya are you from?,I have been in Kuala Lumpur few times, very nice, even thought I was not able to go to The Petronas, always sold out tickets
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
831 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2020, pabloinus wrote:
Yin_howe,my comment about the shipping is because a price of $199 is misleading when you need to add 20% shipping. My price is now $240, still lower, but closer to a RNT2 cup. Nevertheless if you like the look and for you the price+shipping is ok, buy it.
Where in Malasya are you from?,I have been in Kuala Lumpur few times, very nice, even thought I was not able to go to The Petronas, always sold out tickets


Fair enough Smile My point was shipping across the world for $40 is pretty good... since I just realized that shipping to malaysia is the same! cr*p...hehe

I'm from Penang. Approx 4-5 hrs drive away from KL.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
49 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
Just got my set of engraved cups and magic wand. They are beautiful! The cups and wand all have a heavy, quality feel. The cups have a nice ring and there is s small dip in the saddle so the ball should not roll off unless bumped, etc. The case for both are also high quality. This will look good on display or in use. The cups look so nice I almost hate to use them in case I drop one! Seriously, these are an excellent set of cups and balls and Magic wand. Just beautiful. Thanks TCC!
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
467 Posts

Profile of ekins
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2021, Jbond207 wrote:
Just got my set of engraved cups and magic wand.


Did you get a shipping notice and tracking number for your cups and wand? I ordered some too and haven't heard anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » TCC Engraved Cups and Wand (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL