The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CTRL-C (398 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Loyal user
North West, England.
281 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
Hi ‘Dirtyfoucault’

I can assure you that any discrepancy has happened because people have put unrealistic expectations on some part of this. What is in the ad copy and trailer is all 100% truth.

Like I have said numerous times - there is of course something you have to do here to gain insight. (It’s called CTRL-C!) but that something can be and should be protected.

The methods and sequence is fully justified and really does leave their drawing, I aside an envelope that you never have to touch, in their pocket.

This is not just choreography, it uses language, timing, justification, sequence, implication, emphasis and a whole host of other aspects.

I’m more than happy to jump on Zoom with you as I can see we’re north in the UK.

Chris
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Quote:
On May 2, 2022, nique wrote:
Alright guys; I’ve done my best. Not sure what I’ve added to the mix and I might be just repeating everything that has already been said, but for what it’s worth… here you go!

~ Nique

Thank you, Nique very informative review and I appreciate your thoughts on performance choreography and handling condition ideas.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Loyal user
North West, England.
281 Posts

I have just been sent this from Marc Salem, who was contacted by Joshua Kane to talk about CTRL-C (Josh is reviewing it for MUM magazine in a coming issue) and they got talking about this thread here and then Marc emailed me asking me to post this on his behalf…so here it is:

“TO A REAL PERFORMER THIS IS WORTH TWICE THE ASKING PRICE. IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS. TO DECONSTRUCT ALL THE TEXTS IS NOT ONLY WRONG, BUT IS NOT HOW MENTALISM WORKS. YOU READ THEIR MIND IN A CLEAN, VIRTUALLY HANDS OFF METHOD. I HAVE NO FINANCIAL END OF THIS ITEM, BUT CHRIS MADE WHAT WAS ONLY A CLEVER THOUGHT , INTO AN UNFATHOMABLE MIRACLE AND - DEPENDING ON THE MENTALIST - BRILLIANT ENTERTAINMENT.” Marc Salem, New York City.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2958 Posts

Profile of 252life
Even though I'm a real performer, and I love Marc, my impressions remain the same. As do the reviewers on Penguin I suspect. Good, and bad. Everyone’s mileage varies, as it should be.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
RealityTwisterSFX
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of RealityTwisterSFX
Can this be done over the internet like zoom?
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Loyal user
North West, England.
281 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 8, 2022, RealityTwisterSFX wrote:
Can this be done over the internet like zoom?

Yes and no.

You could have them draw, seal the drawing into an envelope with you out the room at distance and then have that very drawing and envelope go into their pocket..

Then wait till they are home, whereever that be and then call you on Zoom, Facetime, Skype..

But can you do the whole process over Zoom - no.

For that you’d be better suited to XIDD (a totally separate approach of mine).

Chris
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Understanding that there *is* a script, what is the total time required to perform the effect? (Not like we often hear about "stretching" an effect "to get" 5 or 6 minutes but the actual minimal time required)?
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Loyal user
North West, England.
281 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 12, 2022, espmagic wrote:
Understanding that there *is* a script, what is the total time required to perform the effect? (Not like we often hear about "stretching" an effect "to get" 5 or 6 minutes but the actual minimal time required)?

Honestly, the script isn’t necessary, though of course it does add layers.

To answer you you can perform this in 1 minute or over the course of hours.

Christopher
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Thank you, Chris!
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2037 Posts

Profile of jimtron
If this has already been asked, please let me know. In the video at link below, performer says, "by the time she is done drawing, I'll know exactly what she has drawn."

Just want to confirm the accuracy of that; performer knows drawing at the moment it's finished?

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/17099

That quote is near beginning of video.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
455 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2022, jimtron wrote:
If this has already been asked, please let me know. In the video at link below, performer says, "by the time she is done drawing, I'll know exactly what she has drawn."

Just want to confirm the accuracy of that; performer knows drawing at the moment it's finished?

Please note that the phrase:
"by the time she is done drawing" is not the same as your interpretation "at the very moment it's finished".
"by the time she is done drawing" means only after she is finished, but not how long after.

So I will say that this is a bit misleading double talk.

But it is still a great trick...
Smile
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2037 Posts

Profile of jimtron
I beg to differ on the wording. He doesn't say "after she's done drawing" he says "by the time she is done drawing."

To me "by the time" and "after" have distinctly different meanings.

Quote:
On Jun 12, 2022, Thomas Walter wrote:
Quote:

Please note that the phrase:
"by the time she is done drawing" is not the same as your interpretation "at the very moment it's finished".
"by the time she is done drawing" means only after she is finished, but not how long after.

So I will say that this is a bit misleading double talk.

But it is still a great trick...
Smile
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
455 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
I beg to differ on the wording. He doesn't say "after she's done drawing" he says "by the time she is done drawing."

To me "by the time" and "after" have distinctly different meanings.

Smile

Yes, and that is what it really means in reality, that it takes a little longer, with some extra, not mentioned, wording and handling, before he knows what is written.

That's the difference!

And all this is the clever scripting and handling that Chris have incorporated in this effect. But it does not mean that the ad should be misleading.

It is a narrow edge to walk, discussing these things without revealing too much. Therefore this is my last saying in this matter.
Sorry if I was unclear, and you misunderstood.

Maybe it is because English is not my first language.
RealityTwisterSFX
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of RealityTwisterSFX
Did anyone create a facebook group for this yet?

Quote:
On Jun 12, 2022, espmagic wrote:

Did you get me DM?
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Loyal user
North West, England.
281 Posts

Hi Guys,

So yes, what Nick is saying there is true. Those who have it know that you can simply change calibration to them completing the drawing by doing something extra.

Whatever wording you do or do not use, that's how it feels to the spectator and audience.

They draw, put it in their pocket and you know.

That’s how this is remembered and what else matters?

Christopher
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Chasing the ethereal holy grail of mentalism is becoming very expensive!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CTRL-C (398 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL