The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CTRL-C (419 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
To be clear, here is what happened…

Joe got in touch asking for a refill, naturally I asked for proof of purchase.

He provided me with a cropped screen shot in a language he knows I don’t read, it could have said anything at all.

When I asked for him to show me the box, booklet and contents - he claimed to have received the included ‘go pack’ in a clear bag and no box.

At this point I asked him to provide where he got the unit from, (he wouldn’t) and said its likely not a legitimate copy.

I also stated that as I hand assemble each unit that go out to Murphys, Penguin and other retailers if he were to send a photo of what he has, even just one envelope, I will be able to know if its one I packed or not.

Then he jumped on here and posted. Which I found strange as he was just asking for refills…and he never replied.

You would think that taking a photo of the booklet and some other included items would not be a hard task.

Joe - please stop buying illegal copies of my work.

Paul Nardini - The Ghost - was not needed to be credited, it is nothing like this…

Chris
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Reading all these postings about CTRL-C and the envelope makes me wonder if the peek method is the same as Ned Rutledge effect called THE REAL THING, which was released back in the 19770s.
This was done whith a unprepared envelope.
Tricky Ricky
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2430 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Hi Ricky,
I’m not familiar with the effect/method you mention but I doubt very much that’s it’s the same… Ctrl+C is similar to something that had been released around 15 years ago and apparently it was the first time that method was used. I’ll let Chris chime in though if he wants to.
Cheers
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Hi Ricky!

As Ben said, CTRL-C is based upon something that was shared in the 90’s by a New York mentalist and legend.

That discovery then grew into other circles.

Eventually the base method of CTRL-C became widely known.

With CTRL-C though, I discovered that you could add extra layers and have something take place through something else. Paired with my script, justifications and choreography it created a brand new way to duplicate and know a thought that leaves a normal envelope in your spectators pocket before you reveal anything.

It’s very versatile, very fooling and very easy.

At Blackpool is must have performed it 200 times and sold out before the convention was over.

People came around to see it again and again and had to buy it.

It really is something I’ll do forever.

Hope that helps!

Chris
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I've no problem with spending more for a great idea/concept/choreography. I understand the true value of a great effect. My one real reservation (other than already having many ways to accomplish a DD) is reliability. I have read a couple of reviews (not many) suggesting that the information is not always reliably delivered. Now, my friend Nique, whose opinions I trust, says quite the opposite, so I am curious, because unreliability is indeed a deal-breaker for me.
It's all in the reflexes.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Quote:
On May 21, 2023, Illucifer wrote:
I've no problem with spending more for a great idea/concept/choreography. I understand the true value of a great effect. My one real reservation (other than already having many ways to accomplish a DD) is reliability. I have read a couple of reviews (not many) suggesting that the information is not always reliably delivered. Now, my friend Nique, whose opinions I trust, says quite the opposite, so I am curious, because unreliability is indeed a deal-breaker for me.

If you do it right, as It’s taught - there is never an issue.

It’s a real killer. I closed my Tannens lecture with it (performance only), he room was fried! I’ve sold out of it at the last 2 consecutive years of Blackpool Magic Convention (where people come round to see it repeatedly) and probably use it most days of the week. Just because it’s so portable, so strong, so impossible it’s a shame to not do it.

Happy to talk more privately if I can help with anything!

Chris
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Can the effect be repeated for the same spec/audience?
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Absolutely.
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
You also can buy this for $3 from e-mentalism rright now which is the totally legit site that Chris Rawlins sold the rights to thisntrick to first before deciding to resell the exact same effect for almost 70 times the price by including $7 worth of materials.
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Just to be clear. E-Mentalism are selling TCDD discounted, which is accurate.

Though iThe Classified Drawing Duplication is NOT the same, or in the same universe at CTRL-C.

Just to give full disclosure.

:)
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

*Though The Classified Drawing Duplication is NOT the same as, nor in the same universe as CTRl-C.

Typo, sorry. Now we’re being accurate.

I’ll have CTRL-C at Blackpool and as has been the same for the last few years, Ill be happy to perform if for anyone there or anywhere.

All the best everyone.

Chris
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2024, Christopher_Rawlins wrote:
*Though The Classified Drawing Duplication is NOT the same as, nor in the same universe as CTRl-C.

Chris

Pretty bold words considering you literally say the exact opposite in your introduction to CTRL-C:

"After much experimentation with these approaches I created The Classified Drawing Duplication which saw print in 2018 and remains one of my most used creations. In the same way as Steam and Steam 2.0 this too builds upon Marc Salems original discovery with his full permission and blessing. CTRL-C is my most secret, practical and useful system for knowing a truly secret and sealed drawing.

Here you will learn Classified in full which will aid in contextualising CTRL-C which is shared for the very first time ever. Not only am I sharing these two practical secrets but I am also sharing with you every detail about these approaches that elevate them from great to masterful. Along the way I will share alternative handlings and variations you should explore and you will also read a guest contribution from the masterful Italian Mind Reader, Marco Fida."

If you wanted to claim that your new touches warranted the astronomical price increase, that would be one thing, to claim it's not in the same universe is just astounding.
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
I am not going to argue that the new enhancements are not an improvement, I just don't think that they're nearly as major as you are making them out to be. The Classified Drawing Duplication was a great trick and there was nothing wrong with it as is. At the most, to me this is an alternative handling.
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
For three dollars you will learn a trick where the spectator draws an image, puts it in an envelope, takes it out and crumples it into a ball with all of Chris's justifications.

For $195 you will learn a trick where a spectator draws an image, puts that in an envelope, puts that in another envelope, and then takes out the first envelope and puts it in his pocket with all of Chris's justifications.

Both are approximately equally justified. If you think the second one is a whole different universe, feel free to spend the extra $192.
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
Side point, but I noticed that José Prager wrote about TCDD "I was so impressed by its uniqueness that I made an offer to acquire exclusive ownership of this masterpiece, an offer that was impossible to refuse." (Understandable, because it's a great trick. Worth far more than the $3 he was charging, now up to $5 which is still a bargain)

If José Prager has exclusive rights to TCDD, just curious why you included it in CTRL-C? Thanks.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Hey,

Are you Jose Prager?

I don’t really appreciate you sharing some of my introduction here without permission, but to answer you comment - I included TCDD in CTRL-C to give owners if CTRL-C the full context.

I really believe that CTRL-C is a universe beyond TCDD. Do they both use envelopes and a marker, yes. Do they share connected elements - yes. Are they the same, not at all.

Your statements are also intentionally vague in an attempt to diminish CTRL-C. (By being vague about the differences and strengths you gain with CTRL-C)

By owning CTRL-C you learn how to have someone draw an image out the room, which they place into an envelope that is totally normal. Writing with a pen that is also totally normal. Whilst they are still out the room. Only then is it placed into another envelope and given to them immediately. Then, they place the drawing, in one of those envelopes in their pocket (whilst they are across or out the room).

Myself, Marc Paul, Eric Dittleman and Marc Salem, (creator of one of CTRL-C’s main components) and many others all see the value and progression that CTRL-C offers and how it surpasses TCDD and its predecessors.

I’m sorry that you don’t and that you feel upset by me sharing my work that nobody has made you buy.

I genuinely wish you the best,

Chris
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
I bought it when it came out. I think CTRL-C is THE final form of this type of utility. Yes, it is in the whole different universe.

Only one negative: the pen is no loner available from any stationary stores. Used to be listed on Amazon. I am trying to find alternatives in vain so far. Wish if there is FB group to help me on this.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2024, rockbrunnen wrote:
I bought it when it came out. I think CTRL-C is THE final form of this type of utility. Yes, it is in the whole different universe.

Only one negative: the pen is no loner available from any stationary stores. Used to be listed on Amazon. I am trying to find alternatives in vain so far. Wish if there is FB group to help me on this.

Hey!

I can help you out.

Email me.

Chris
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2024, Christopher_Rawlins wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2024, rockbrunnen wrote:

Hey!

I can help you out.

Email me.

Chris

Hi, Chris. I have sent an email. Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CTRL-C (419 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL