The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ELEMENTARY by Drew Backenstoss (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Willie mcgregor
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Willie mcgregor
Done placed my order this morning wooohoo
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Willie - Email(s) with links have been sent Smile Thanks for your support!

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

The physical books have finally started hitting my doorstep so I'll be working hard over the next week to post all orders of the "Complete" package!

Best wishes,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, DrewBstoss wrote:
Willie - Email(s) with links have been sent Smile Thanks for your support!

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

The physical books have finally started hitting my doorstep so I'll be working hard over the next week to post all orders of the "Complete" package!

Best wishes,

Drew

Good to see that the physical books have started arriving!

I sent you an IM about my order. Please take a look at it when you get a chance. Thanks.
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
This stunt chicken telekinetically typed
75 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, DrewBstoss wrote:

Drew

My copy of the physical book arrived today! Smile
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I'm SO relieved to announce that, as of yesterday, ALL books associated with existing orders have been posted! My international friends should be holding their copies any day now!

In case there are any ELEMENTARY "Complete" owners who frequent the Café but aren't part of the FaceBook group - keep an eye out for a supplement that contains the best ideas and variations that have been shared thus far in the group. I want to make sure that everyone can reap the benefits of the "Complete" package regardless of their social media use Smile

The supplement will also contain a variation that many on the FB group are quite excited about called "ELEMENTARY ENHANCED."

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Now that order fulfillment is under control, I can once again open up my schedule to demo the basic routine for anyone who is still on the fence. It's easiest to coordinate schedules via FaceBook Messenger but you can also send me a PM here. Serious inquiries only please.

Best wishes,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
I'll note here that I gave a lukewarmish review earlier in this thread, noting some level of disappointment in the core version of Elementary, but after having spent time on the FB group, and Drew's near obsessive desire to make sure I was happy with the result, I have to say that Elementary Enhanced (plus some other suggestions recently made in the FB group) not only solves the initial concerns I had with the basic Elementary version, but make it a truly phenomenal fooler. The basic version of Elementary is still fine -- and lots of people are having success with it. It will probably work for most people, but I wanted to be able to take it further, and Drew (and some others) figured out how to make that possible.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Never have truer words been used to describe me than “near obsessive” Smile Just ask my wife haha.

I’m SO happy to hear that ELEMENTARY ENHANCED has won you over no2ss (with the help of others who have contributed some wonderful touches on the group of course!) - mission accomplished!

dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
How have I not seen this until know? Placed my order - I am very excited to seeing this!
Daniel
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Wow, great reviews! Super excited to dive in, just ordered the complete package. Nothing beats a good hardcover book.
Really happy to read that it will be working in german.
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
I have been reading in the online document for the last couple of days, awaiting the hardcover, and playing with the routining. The amount of detail is fantastic and the exercises to get practise down are worth their weight in gold, as such stuff is hard to practise with the family over and over again Smile Fantastic product, fantastic effect!
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Thank you for the kudos m.o.pfeil!

The most recent batch of orders were posted today (yours being one of them) and have started their journey around the world Smile

If you liked the practice sessions in the book, you'll LOVE the Elementary Web App! That will get you up to speed with all the variations in no time.

Best wishes,

Drew

252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
This is A+ material you’ll use forever. I love it more every day, it’s the gift that keeps on giving and I never forget it at home. The bar a few times...but never at home Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
I wonder why no ones mentions here that this is not really a Pin divination but rather a d*** divination. The choice is clearly limited. But I don’t doubt it will impress many people but not the ones with a rational, task- and logic-focused, and pragmatic mind.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Hi Mark,

Question: Do you own the book? I ask because I'd love to connect directly with you to chat through some of the finer points of presentation. Please shoot me a PM here or on FaceBook including the name associated with your order.

Comment: I understand and appreciate your nuanced viewpoint. I wonder though, how would you define a "PIN?"

To me, it's a 4 digit number used to safeguard financial information. The basic manner by which the substitute PIN is generated in ELEMENTARY is extremely consistent with how many people around the world choose their actual PIN. The method and presentation are beautifully aligned to create a convincing illusion of mind reading.

Regarding your concern about it not impressing people "with a rational, task- and logic-focused, and pragmatic mind," I can assure you that I've performed the piece for many very bright people over the years and it's never failed to elicit a strong response.

Yes, upon critical examination of the process someone might realize that the PIN is "limited" - but the perceived pool of options is nearly 7 times more expansive than someone thinking of a playing card (and we all know how impressive a simple card revelation can be). Done properly, ELEMENTARY leaves the impression that the PIN you reveal is one of 10,000 possibilities Smile

Really though, I'd welcome the chance to communicate more directly with you to help ease any concerns that you might have!

Best wishes,

Drew

252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2021, Mark Timon wrote:
I wonder why no ones mentions here that this is not really a Pin divination but rather a d*** divination. The choice is clearly limited. But I don’t doubt it will impress many people but not the ones with a rational, task- and logic-focused, and pragmatic mind.

Maybe I misunderstood your sentiment, but that came across as one of the most ignorant and arrogant statements I’ve seen yet on the Café. And that’s saying a lot.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2021, Mark Timon wrote:

Drew has already responded to this, but even beyond that, if you're in the FB group, people have already come up with some clever methods to get beyond that particular limitation, and there are a few other tricks to make it more fooling. I'll admit (you can see my review earlier in the thread) that I was initially a little disappointed and feared that it would be too easy to backtrack, but Drew and others have come up with a bunch of newer variations that take it way beyond the original effect and solve many of what I felt were shortcomings.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
This better be good Drew! Just ordered Smile
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Thank you for your support kissdadookie!

Email sent with links to the "Elementary 101" file so you can dive right in Smile

Best wishes,

Drew

kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2021, DrewBstoss wrote:
Thank you for your support kissdadookie!

Email sent with links to the "Elementary 101" file so you can dive right in Smile

Best wishes,

Drew

Thank you kindly Smile
Magonil
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magonil
Highly recommended book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ELEMENTARY by Drew Backenstoss (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL