The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Guesses on Prof BC's new effect... (160 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1344 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Okay, after actually trying out the lanyard as a pendulum, I must amend my comment a bit. It isn't a great one, but it is workable. I think it would benefit from an added weight of some kind attached just above the aiglet and then it might actually work fine!

Seth
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
911 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
If a Tibetan theme, one or more "chinese"/Asian coins with the hole in center sounds like would be fine for pendulum work!
Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
537 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
I ran into this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangling

I don’t own Ossuary, but I thought about possibilities for story telling. The ‘Kangling’ (ritual) could very well be a source for that. It could give an (additional) explanation for the ‘tunnel’ that is drilled through the bone? And the story is fascinating.

Cheers, Luc. Smile
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2021, Delimbeau wrote:
I ran into this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangling

I don’t own Ossuary, but I thought about possibilities for story telling. The ‘Kangling’ (ritual) could very well be a source for that. It could give an (additional) explanation for the ‘tunnel’ that is drilled through the bone? And the story is fascinating.

Cheers, Luc. Smile

Many thanks for this. Very cool.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5510 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Compelling reference Delinbeau! Thank you.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
246 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Yes, gives great credible reason for the hole drilled through!
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1344 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Agreed; terrific resource and premise! Thanks Luc!
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1344 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
So, I am NOT suggesting anyone do this, and Prof BC might recommend against it. However, in the spirit of reckless experimentation, I did find that inserting some balled-up flash paper about a quarter inch into the copper tube and igniting it, caused a quite impressive fireburst out of the end of the bone that made me feel a bit like Gandalf...

Seth
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1005 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I always thought that the hole was not drilled through, but was where the marrow rotted out.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
313 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Or in case of a vampire, the marrow was removed on purpose....
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
911 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Or it was the one bone you could obtain from a museum auction of a completely assembled skeleton, the hole having been drilled through it and many of the skeleton's bones to enable solid construction!
Smile Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2021, DocBenWiz wrote:
Or it was the one bone you could obtain from a museum auction of a completely assembled skeleton, the hole having been drilled through it and many of the skeleton's bones to enable solid construction!
Smile Smile Smile

Very well 'articulated', Doc. (sorry. sorry.)

Seth: I gotta get me one a' them wallets!

BC
Phasmologist
anton.magician
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
Sometimes interesting to see the performance or some video demonstration of Prof BC tricks! Just to feel them more and to kick myself to buy it )
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
Hookland
526 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
So, I am NOT suggesting anyone do this, and Prof BC might recommend against it. However, in the spirit of reckless experimentation, I did find that inserting some balled-up flash paper about a quarter inch into the copper tube and igniting it, caused a quite impressive fireburst out of the end of the bone that made me feel a bit like Gandalf..
Seth

"Makes note to never lend his Dopps to Seth without taking out adequate insurance"
Websites built for creators and performers of the bizarre - www.oakdigitalsolutions.co.uk
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
So, I am NOT suggesting anyone do this, and Prof BC might recommend against it. However, in the spirit of reckless experimentation, I did find that inserting some balled-up flash paper about a quarter inch into the copper tube and igniting it, caused a quite impressive fireburst out of the end of the bone that made me feel a bit like Gandalf...

Seth

. . . you shall not pass.
Phasmologist
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1344 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Quote:
. . . you shall not pass.

LOL!! (Haven't we all occasionally busted out with that phrase, in our best Ian McKellen tone..!!)

An impressive little fire effect, that I have now replicated a few times. I have concluded, to my personal satisfaction, that occasional use of flash paper in the end of the tube will not damage the Bone. The only after-effect I have found is a small bit of black residue in the tube that is easily wiped away. I haven't seen any change to the surrounding resin, though I imagine a bit of soot around the opening might only enhance its appearance...

Informational, of course. I don't recommend this at all, to anyone. Be safe, don't play with fire, and don't mess around with your expensive new bone.

Besides, I have no idea how it could be put to practical use... but you can't tell me that Gandalf didn't goof around a bit with his cool stuff when he was alone..!

Seth

p.s. THANK YOU PROF BC for putting your heart and soul into this beauty!! Thank you and Dan for releasing this to the public!!

Smile
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
719 Posts

Profile of Winks
I thought I could resist. Alas, I could not.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1344 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Indeed... the bone is willing, but the flesh is weak... Smile
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1344 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2021, Bogbadger wrote:

"Makes note to never lend his Dopps to Seth without taking out adequate insurance"

Ha ha! Always remember, Boggy--you can pick your friends, and you can pick your Dopps, but you can't lend your friends Dopps...

Seth
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3494 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2021, Bogbadger wrote:

Ha ha! Always remember, Boggy--you can pick your friends, and you can pick your Dopps, but you can't lend your friends Dopps...

Seth

And you can pick your nose but maybe not your friend's nose.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Guesses on Prof BC's new effect... (160 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL