We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Guesses on Prof BC's new effect... (160 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1354 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
So a few days ago, Dan sent his mailing list a video about order updates. The video was really super cool. Dan has lately been lifting the veil a bit on his arcane secrets with occasional videos showing his workshop and works-in-progress, which are fascinating. While discussing this on his update vid, he spent a few seconds tantalizing us with a shipping box on a table, explaining that this contained the latest Prof BC effect. He said basically nothing about it, except that the props were amazing, and we will love the effect.

As he brushed over it and the scene cut away, I was left with eyes agog, mouth agape with a Cheeto stuck in it, with an unformed scream trapped in my lungs. He said we would know more in a couple of weeks.

Here is my guess on what it is, based on available evidence thus far.

The shipping box was not super large--I would say medium sized. There was only one box shown. I have to assume that it contained the pieces that Dan will distribute to the UK and surrounding areas, while the rest are with Prof BC for US shipment.

We know it isn't a book effect. Physically, it must be pretty small and compact, like Gyre or Confundamus. Okay, I'm just gonna go for it:

I believe this is small a piece of Victorian-era art containing wood and porcelain pieces (or polymer clay made to appear porcelain).

I believe there may be a brass piece as well, possibly disk-shaped.

I believe that this will be the next in the Realm of Faerie series.

I believe that the performer holds the wooden item, and the spec holds the porcelain item, and an incantation is recited. When we open our hands, the two items have impossibly SWITCHED, and to top it off, the brass disk now reveals something crazy that was ONLY in the spec's MIND!

Well... I took my shot!

C'mon, who else wants to hazard a guess?? Smile

Seth
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Thanks for guessing.

Hint? Dan has the prototype. That box held only one . . . and a good deal of UPS padding.

BC
Phasmologist
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1354 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Oh dear... I was way, waaaaaay off.

Wow, this item will be substantial!!

I'm amending my guess. I still say Victorian art. But now I say statue, or some kind of clock, or clock-work device.

The mists are receding... it is all becoming clear...

Seth
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5542 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm glad you're onto something Seth, 'cause I got nothing. I was looking for clues in Dan's video, but there was nothing to be seen. Now that BC has given us a huge clue regarding the package - which is a good size - I'm not sure where to begin. It may be worth going back to his old posts to see if he hinted at something, but I doubt it. In the past his cards have been held very close.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1766 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
For loyal owners of Prof BC items, the truth is out there...
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1508 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
I guess it will be expensive.

I win !!!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1563 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
There is a small box, inside the box are thingies, these thingies do mysterious stuff.....😉
Although Dan's video was cool to see his shop & projects, the Prof's box with prototype inside was a nice teaser !

Yes David, the "place" to keep up on this has been mucho tantalizing with what the Prof has his newest piece of art to unleash upon us soon ! Can't wait & already saving up.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1354 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
It is quite exciting to know a Prof BC thingy is around the corner! Will clearly be a post-Xmas effect... since it is a prototype, it will be a bit longer of a wait, I assume.

I briefly saw a couple of amazing prototypes of Prof BC pieces at ECSS 3 in 2017, which haven’t seen the light of day. (I haven't attended ECSS more recently.)

Also, in the workshop he led he described an amazing larger piece that he crafted that I’ve been dreaming of ever since. (He describes it with less detail in his book). Hard to imagine it would be that, tho... don’t think it was ever meant for eyes of the great unwashed....

Aaaaaaaagh!! The suspense! Can’t wait for Dan’s update, even though I’m certain he won’t say much, lol!!!

Seth
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1354 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, David Eichler wrote:

GET HIM, GUYS!! David knows something... and we're gonna make him TALK!!

EDIT: omg... I found the secret info storehouse being hinted at... thank you David, we won't torture you after all...

Smile
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1766 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
...you would not find me...only my doppelgänger...
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
253 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Seth speaks wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, David Eichler wrote:

GET HIM, GUYS!! David knows something... and we're gonna make him TALK!!

EDIT: omg... I found the secret info storehouse being hinted at... thank you David, we won't torture you after all...

Smile

Gosh I have almost ALL of Prof BC's creations (well 90%) but not sure where this clue is posted...unless the insider owner BC Forums?
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
530 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
WARNING...SPOILER ALERT. I can confirm that the new Prof B.C item is in fact a very small wooden box that contains an imp that will do your magical bidding. It must be fed two drops of your own blood each night and comes with a small sack of blessed salt mined deep in a secret Tibetan salt mine. The box should only be opened when safely within a circle formed of this blessed salt. I’m sorry but I just couldn’t keep this secret any longer.
Maker of Magical Poppets - www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RockTrollCrafts

Websites built for creators and performers of the bizarre - www.oakdigitalsolutions.co.uk
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
253 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Found the info I was seeking, being a loyalist to inside the "crypt" forums!
Cannot wait for the release, but must be patient for a couple months methinks.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3514 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I heard a rumour it will sell for $375 and include a new digital tv.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5542 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
The secret has been revealed. OSSUARY by PROF BC is now on Lebanon Circle's Facebook page. Seek, and ye shall find.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
More info in the latest Lebanon Circle Newsletter here -

https://madmimi.com/s/d166b11

Darkly

Dan
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5542 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Another gift to the magic community from the good Professor. This looks to be an outstanding reinvention of how to execute this scientific principle. Leave it to PROF BC to take something potentially mundane and make it into something mysterious and potentially miraculous.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2611 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Gorgeous props. Hoping someone picks that up and performs it at either Bizarre Hauntings or ECSS so I can see it live.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1354 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
This looks absolutely stunning! I love it, and those gorgeous trinket boxes lend such a theatrical air! I'm very interested in the Tibetan aspect that Prof BC lays out.

This is going to play beautifully; I can feel it in my bones...
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
530 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Wow, incredible props. Beautifully done Prof BC.
Maker of Magical Poppets - www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RockTrollCrafts

Websites built for creators and performers of the bizarre - www.oakdigitalsolutions.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Guesses on Prof BC's new effect... (160 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL