The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Want a pro ESP deck (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1856 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Something that looks like it's designed for a collage laboratory, not some card game.
Bally Hoo and Hullabaloo
one for me and none for you.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3039 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
That is *exactly* why the H.O.M.E. deck was created.
(Plus, it's super-easy to read, even from a spread or a fan.)
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7402
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1526 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2020, ringmaster wrote:
Something that looks like it's designed for a collage laboratory, not some card game.

Why not use the original Rhine cards?

http://www.rhine.org/shoppingcart/index.......cts_id=2
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3039 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2020, Chaz93 wrote:
Quote:

I used a version of the original Rhine cards until I found myself in working conditions under which certain marks couldn't be read. So I cast about for *anything* on the market that fit my needs -- but all I found were cards that were either too difficult for me to read under many performing circumstances (making them impractical), or had playing-card backs (not laboratory-appropriate, so the wrong presentational message). Apologies to the above "top five" review, but none of these filled the bill.

Frustrated, I realized that if I wanted to keep my favorite ESP card effects in my working repertoire, I would have to create my own cards. When other mentalists began asking me to print copies for them, I made the decision to release my cards to the greater mentalism community.

The Genii magazine evaluation: "Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market." You'll find more reviews at Penguin, as well as here on the Café:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......start=60
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
After lots of experiment I prefer the "Naked ESP" cards by Michael Murray, but they come in a set of ten cards. There's another set including full 25 card decks: https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/fully-......al-fakes

Not sure if they fit your criteria. There're perfect for the 5-card match routine I do ("Beyond Perfect ESP" by John George) they're m*rked, they have a very muted, modern look.

I sent off for the original Rhine deck; the Rhine Research Center also included some genuine lab testing notes which was very nice of them, it makes great set dressing. You can also get some solid info about the ESP testing procedure from Rhine's book "Extra Sensory Perception". The actual authentic Rhine deck is unmarked (although, one-way, so gray code games are possible) but ironically it looks like a highly suspicious magic prop.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1526 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2020, Necromancer wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2020, Chaz93 wrote:
Quote:

I used a version of the original Rhine cards until I found myself in working conditions under which certain marks couldn't be read. So I cast about for *anything* on the market that fit my needs -- but all I found were cards that were either too difficult for me to read under many performing circumstances (making them impractical), or had playing-card backs (not laboratory-appropriate, so the wrong presentational message). Apologies to the above "top five" review, but none of these filled the bill.

Frustrated, I realized that if I wanted to keep my favorite ESP card effects in my working repertoire, I would have to create my own cards. When other mentalists began asking me to print copies for them, I made the decision to release my cards to the greater mentalism community.

The Genii magazine evaluation: "Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market." You'll find more reviews at Penguin, as well as here on the Café:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......start=60

Sure, but they don't look anything like the actual cards used in a college lab, whereas the cards available from the rhine research institute are exactly that.
Tony Montuori
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Tony Montuori
Thanks Neil, I need another ESP deck like I need another Thumb Tip but I've put the H.O.M.E. Deck on my Christmas list.

Cheers,

Tony
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Paralabs ESP cards.
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
187 Posts

Profile of Chollet
For me, the Paralabs and the Naked ESP cards look the best. They are simple and call no attention. The Rhine cards are also 100% legit and could be very easily marked

The H.O.M.E cards feel contrived in my opinion. The distressed typewriter font printed on the cards looks like a designer trying too hard. Just my opinion.

In the end, it sounds like you have a lot of options too consider. Find what YOU like, and what feels right to you aesthetically.

Cheers!
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
141 Posts

Profile of DonB!
Feel free to take a look over my ESP Collection. In it, you can see the various back designs of almost 60 different decks, as well as other props and books related to ESP cards.

Any questions, send me a message here on the Café.

Don

Copy and paste this link into your browser:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0......=sharing
DonB!
Non-stop laughter. Eternal Impact.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Want a pro ESP deck (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL