The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Steve Brooks and Wife in Medical Peril » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Some of you have heard The Mya Angel has been hospitalized for some time. Steve's nieces have set up a crowd-fund to help offset what were already accumulating medical bills.

I'm part of a Magic group in the area here near Chico, and while we were hashing out the plans for a future meet-up, Steve Messaged us to say he'd be off the map for a while. Steve apparently had a heart attack (which is without a doubt related to the stress of his lovely wife's situation/condition--and believe me, if you know them like I do, they are inextricable). He stated to us he is now pending surgery.

Needless to say, they are in need here. I am re-posting the link for the GoFund Me. I am doing this having asked him first, but he never got back to me. I'll seek his forgiveness later.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-steve-brooks-and-mya-angel
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Thank you Ron, what a tragedy for this family. I will do it
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Ron, the link has been posted in several areas of the Café already. No need to get Steve's permission to post it again. This is really terrible news.
Where the magic begins
Dr. K
View Profile
New user
Honolulu, Hawaii
69 Posts

Profile of Dr. K
Thanks for following through on this, you guys. I have been searching the café and I’ve been wondering where to go to voice my support. I am not a new member, having been a good friend of Steve’s and a member for nearly 20 years. Steve and the crew at the café have been a very big part of my life and the lives of many of us for many years now. This gives me and the rest of us a chance to give back to a really wonderful guy and his family.
Dr. K
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Update on conditions: Mya's doctors have found what they think is causing her problem and are treating her for that. She's still in the hospital. Steve is home from hospital but is exhausted. It will be a while before he's back to normal
Where the magic begins
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Will be praying for both of them.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
My thoughts are with them, let's hope they come through this ok.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, tbaer wrote:
Will be praying for both of them.

You BETCHA!

Doug
MrPrestoHypno
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MrPrestoHypno
Prayers to both!
And EVERYONE on here please donate something.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Yes, donate. And a great thanks to his guardian angel nieces. Lynn
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Steve recently posted that Mya is still in the hospital. They just celebrated their wedding anniversary. Steve is at home and will require heart surgery. He has stints presently keeping his heart functioning until the surgery. He obviously misses the love of his life and best friend while they are apart for now. That's it for now from Steve's post on the Go-fund-me page.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
The last update at the GoFundMe page is from January. Is there a more recent update or current news about how Mya is going, and how Steve is going?

Steve has a real passion for magic and the community, and I'm grateful for what he's done here on The Magic Café, and by giving us a place to talk about magic.

I sincerely wish him and his wife well, and have thought of them numerous times in past months. I'd love to know how they are doing.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I spoke with Steve last month and Mya wasn't much better and had lost an enormous amount of weight. I believe he said she was down to around 75 pounds. The latest I heard was that she was moved from the hospital to a care facility. She doesn't have much memory and doesn't recognize anyone. To top it off, the care facility is 8 hours away from Steve. Bad enough he has to bear the problem but now has to travel 8 hours just to see her.
Where the magic begins
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I'm genuinely sorry to hear that sad news.

But thank you for updating us Dave.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Prayers...

Doug
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
318 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
I apologize for this late reply but was wondering how each of them are doing? I don't know them but feel somewhat connected through our hobby / profession and this forum...
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Not much change from my post above.
Where the magic begins
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
Very sorry to hear this. I don't know Steve or Mya but I recently read an interview with Steve which was posted somewhere else (T11) and he sounds like a really nice fella.

I'd like to send my best wishes to them both.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2021, Kong wrote:
I don't know Steve or Mya but I recently read an interview with Steve which was posted somewhere else (T11) and he sounds like a really nice fella.

I did two lengthy interviews with Steve, and he is a very intelligent guy with a lot of terrific insights:

#1 Interview about playing cards with collector Steve Brooks
#2 Interview about magic and forums with magician Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Steve Brooks and Wife in Medical Peril » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL