The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..21~22~23 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3849 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2020, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2020, geordiediver wrote:
Just thought I would chip in here,
I had the same tracking issue as it was the wrong number, I emailed the contacts address from the website and got a reply within a few hours from Aaron Hsing with the correct number which worked.
My tracking today with Royal mail (UK) has the item at my local depot and on its way to me today Smile
I may just be lucky but 5 days in not bad in the current climate.

Hope you all have a good holiday and receive your items soon.

Thank you for the information and update. I ordered on December 13 2020 and never received a tracking number. I just sent Aaron an email based upon the information you provided.

Thank you.
Michael

Aaron responded in 5 minutes of my email and provided a tracking number. It was shipped on December 15th and arrived at JFK airport today.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
peirceman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of peirceman
Just read through this thread. A few posters said that everything is examinable. before and after the effect. My understanding is that what actually does the work is not examinable. Yeah, I get it, use a switch, but that is not the same as examinable.

So, not having bought it, is the product examinable or not?
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
It’s not unless you switch it. It also says borrowed sharpie in the trailer which seems very misleading.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4112 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I still don’t get it. The only thing amazing about this is that you can balance a coin on the tip of a sharpie cap to begin with.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1727 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
I still don’t get it. The only thing amazing about this is that you can balance a coin on the tip of a sharpie cap to begin with.

😂
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:

🤣 And the highlight is ⭐️ all this is under a transparent glass ✨
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1487 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Well I like it.

To me, the magic with this starts a ways before you bring these out (or borrow them). This isn't a, "look what I can do with these objects" so much as a way to illustrate something after you're talking about it, and done as you scramble to "try" something. "In fact, look...Here," you say...patting your pockets, "I got an idea, I can show you, anyone have a coin or something? I wanna try this... "

To me this is a trick to fit a narrative when the narrative comes up deliberately or accidently versus a trick to demonstrate the trick itself. The whole, "part of something larger" thing.

Yeah, I think I like it.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1487 Posts

Whether it's Einstein's "spooky action at a distance", your "dead uncle Charlie"or whatever the flavor of the day is, this can showcase that thing you're talking about for real with an experiment you try, and hope works, because you've seen this "weird sh*t" yourself. You wanna see if it'll happen again, cause nobody believed you when you saw something similar happen years ago... blah, blah, blah or whatever.

Of course, it will. Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4112 Posts

Profile of emyers99
People will just assume something bumped the table.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of academy
I can't understand how someone can say having a coin hardly balanced on a pen cap fall is stronger than moving a timber.

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3849 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2020, academy wrote:
I can't understand how someone can say having a coin hardly balanced on a pen cap fall is stronger than moving a timber.

Perhaps in a stage or even a parlor show. But in a close-set environment who carries a timber in their pocket? I think this can be a very nice and strong effect especially when combined with another psychokinesis type effect as a follow-up.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8910 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2020, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:

😂

I thought that was the effect. 🤔 does something else happen?
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1487 Posts

I used to do Psychokinetic Pen by Banachek and it went over well. To me this is another effect like that. Good enough effect for him, then good enough for me.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
786 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:

I think if you have it balanced on the cap for a while and then have the spectator wave their hand or (as in the video they showed) tapping a picture of the cap on a phone, and at that second the coin falls... that is pretty impressive. It's like any other similar PK effect. They do seem to go over much better than expected. But it's all in the performance really. The thing needs to stay balanced for a decent while, and then fall on cue to really sink in.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:

Not if you wait 10 minutes and nobody is near the table Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8910 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:

Who do you perform for? “Ok guys, we’re just going to observe that cap and coin for the next 10 minutes, ok?”
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
786 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:

Who do you perform for? “Ok guys, we’re just going to observe that cap and coin for the next 10 minutes, ok?”

Put coin on cap, put it under glass. Do another effect in the meantime, then point back to the coin on the cap, ask someone to pretend "shoot" it... watch the coin fall off. Magic.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2020, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2020, academy wrote:

Perhaps in a stage or even a parlor show. But in a close-set environment who carries a timber in their pocket? I think this can be a very nice and strong effect especially when combined with another psychokinesis type effect as a follow-up.

Agree Michael, this can be combined with some other things that will result in a very nice and magical set.

RNK
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
I ordered it, but yet to receive it, so this is strictly based off the info video, but I personally can see numerous ways to make this bewildering/entertaining. If you are worried about someone thinking you bumped the table, don't stand near it, or put it on a bar or countertop. Think a little outside the box.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1727 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2020, SlipperySnake wrote:
I ordered it, but yet to receive it, so this is strictly based off the info video, but I personally can see numerous ways to make this bewildering/entertaining. If you are worried about someone thinking you bumped the table, don't stand near it, or put it on a bar or countertop. Think a little outside the box.

Those comments were a bit of fun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL