The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
975 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Received magnet-0 a few days ago. I think this will be a reliable great tool to use. Very happy with this Quality is high and charge life seems to be very long as well.
Having this part of or a stand alone effect will go far!
ďThe tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.Ē- Anonymous
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I love your reviews David they are well thought out and are always done with a smile and never with a hidden agenda . Donít worry about the negativity itís only built upon other peopleís own insecurities and jealousy . Keep up the great work , your reviews are a joy to watch my friend Gaz 👍👍😊


The good old knockout argument: insecurity and jealousy 🙄

Roo I will watch out for your reviews!
Buying the review material yourself and spending money makes a big difference.
Much appreciated!

I received Magnet-0 today after 17 days.
The product works well and the r****e has a great design.
Everything looks innocent and is well thought out.
I only would recommend to include a replacement lid.
It would be also helpful to have a slot for a small coin there.
That way you could remove it without putty in use.

Does anybody know which sort of black putty is provided with it?
Itís not Hercules Putty.
peirceman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of peirceman
I have another question from those of you that bought it. I'm sure it is well made, but this seems like a product for a hobbyist with money to burn. I used to perform magic professionally, just a hobbyist now, and a $100 for magic is a lot for me. The whole premise doesn't seem like it would be entertaining in front of an audience. First, the coin is "Balanced", then after a certain amount of time, it falls off. Sure, it is on the magicians command, but it just falls off. Seems like that is what a coin balanced on a sharpie would do naturally. without magical help. So, now the falling off has to be sold. Meaning magical movements, which could be blamed for why it fell off. I dunno. I wouldn't do it in a parlor or stage setting, it's too small. Walkaround? Nope, needs a table. Table hopping then? Okay, but are you going to carry a glass? Going to use a previously full glass? Going to run to tables that haven't been served anything yet?

Love to hear from people who are planning on doing this for money and how it fits logistically into an act, so I can learn from today's professionals.

BTW, On David Kenney's reviews. They should be named Infomercials. I like what he does because he gives me an overview of the product and is respectful to the creator. It doesn't matter if he calls it out as good or bad, because one man's trash is another man's treasure. He also encourages the viewer to go to other magic review channels, and even names some the have reviewed the same product. I find them helpful.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Spot on peirceman with your whole post , I couldnít agree more with you .
Two things imho , this is one of those where the method is far better than the actual effect .
Also bang on the money about Davidís reviews , he gives enough info for you to make an informed decision in a very nice way even as you say promoting other review shows .
To ArtIn donít believe everything you hear , many many reviewers are getting donations to buy the products . So are they really buying them ?
They literally ask for you to donate at the bottom of their pages so they can continue reviewing magic for you . It would be so easy to do magic to you if you are that naive .
Best wishes Gaz 😊
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Did you see the phone camera zoom and tap performance - I've done this a few times now and it gets great reactions - the coin falls at the command of the spectator.

Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, peirceman wrote:
I have another question from those of you that bought it. I'm sure it is well made, but this seems like a product for a hobbyist with money to burn. I used to perform magic professionally, just a hobbyist now, and a $100 for magic is a lot for me. The whole premise doesn't seem like it would be entertaining in front of an audience. First, the coin is "Balanced", then after a certain amount of time, it falls off. Sure, it is on the magicians command, but it just falls off. Seems like that is what a coin balanced on a sharpie would do naturally. without magical help. So, now the falling off has to be sold. Meaning magical movements, which could be blamed for why it fell off. I dunno. I wouldn't do it in a parlor or stage setting, it's too small. Walkaround? Nope, needs a table. Table hopping then? Okay, but are you going to carry a glass? Going to use a previously full glass? Going to run to tables that haven't been served anything yet?

Love to hear from people who are planning on doing this for money and how it fits logistically into an act, so I can learn from today's professionals.

BTW, On David Kenney's reviews. They should be named Infomercials. I like what he does because he gives me an overview of the product and is respectful to the creator. It doesn't matter if he calls it out as good or bad, because one man's trash is another man's treasure. He also encourages the viewer to go to other magic review channels, and even names some the have reviewed the same product. I find them helpful.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Spot on peirceman with your whole post , I couldnít agree more with you .
Two things imho , this is one of those where the method is far better than the actual effect .
Also bang on the money about Davidís reviews , he gives enough info for you to make an informed decision in a very nice way even as you say promoting other review shows .
To ArtIn donít believe everything you hear , many many reviewers are getting donations to buy the products . So are they really buying them ?
They literally ask for you to donate at the bottom of their pages so they can continue reviewing magic for you . It would be so easy to do magic to you if you are that naive .
Best wishes Gaz 😊


Hmm, I highly doubt they get much donations but thank you.
I still value reviewers more who actually invest their hard earned money, know about the history of effects, give credits, compare, present and perform and who are not afraid of criticism. You like MO and thatís fine. I donít argue about bad taste. 😜

@peirceman, I am afraid you will not get much feedback and especially not from professionals.
A lot of us are putting much thought, energy and effort into this and donít want lazy performers to steal their presentation (no offense).
If people donít see value in this, donít buy it but also donít blame a tool.
Some are not able to use nails while others build a house with it.
This product has some great advantages that were not mentioned yet here.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Name me a few reviewers ArtIn who fully review products on a regular basis without getting something out of it with some financial gain or otherwise and who genuinely buy all the effects without any perk at all on gain and I will tell you what they get instead of the effect . You are living on another planet if you think they are getting nothing at all . Whoís blaming the tool anyway ? Quite the opposite the tool is great but the effect is no miracle and the method is far better than the trick , itís as simple as that Gaz 😊
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Rooster, unbiased magic reviews those are the only ones I can think of.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Even Rooster says 96% and not all and he will be getting other perks whether that be advertising marketing etc etc . Even the Cafť survives on donations and advertising as I for one have donated to them to help keep these boards going Gaz 😊
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I never said that reviewers shouldnít gain something for their work.
Most aim for monetarisation through YouTube anyways.
But some invest more work than others, are more knowledgeable and experienced.
If you like to hear that everything is great and flawless... ok but itís not my cup of tea.
I remember and miss reviewers like Roland Henning (Weeklymagicfailure).
I also appreciate Craig Petty very much!
Also the early WMS reviews (yes they run a shop and got most stuff from creators but at least they were upfront with their reviews).
Alex is another reviewer I appreciate.
For Rooster, 96% of his own cash is a big percentage.

The trick is a miracle in the right hands and the method (not new and well known) is efficient. Simple as that.

Thank you for donating to themagiccafe.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Craig and Steve Faulknerís are the best but I canít stand David Pennís though . Great magician but has the charisma and charm of a Donkey imo . Yes Alex begs for donations and there is nothing wrong in that , my best friend could let me review his latest effect and if itís a pile of rubbish I will say so itís as a simple as that period . Money has nothing to do with it but back to this effect I personally think itís way over hyped for what it is and because it has the brilliant creator Henryís name on it . Enjoy your sharpie lid and coin effect it sounds breathtaking . Best wishes Gaz 😊
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8910 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Have to agree. A typical magicians TOY. Similar to buying a photograph of a clock between 2 slabs of Perspex. Destination Bottom drawer.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
Did you see the phone camera zoom and tap performance - I've done this a few times now and it gets great reactions - the coin falls at the command of the spectator.

Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, peirceman wrote:
I have another question from those of you that bought it. I'm sure it is well made, but this seems like a product for a hobbyist with money to burn. I used to perform magic professionally, just a hobbyist now, and a $100 for magic is a lot for me. The whole premise doesn't seem like it would be entertaining in front of an audience. First, the coin is "Balanced", then after a certain amount of time, it falls off. Sure, it is on the magicians command, but it just falls off. Seems like that is what a coin balanced on a sharpie would do naturally. without magical help. So, now the falling off has to be sold. Meaning magical movements, which could be blamed for why it fell off. I dunno. I wouldn't do it in a parlor or stage setting, it's too small. Walkaround? Nope, needs a table. Table hopping then? Okay, but are you going to carry a glass? Going to use a previously full glass? Going to run to tables that haven't been served anything yet?

Love to hear from people who are planning on doing this for money and how it fits logistically into an act, so I can learn from today's professionals.

BTW, On David Kenney's reviews. They should be named Infomercials. I like what he does because he gives me an overview of the product and is respectful to the creator. It doesn't matter if he calls it out as good or bad, because one man's trash is another man's treasure. He also encourages the viewer to go to other magic review channels, and even names some the have reviewed the same product. I find them helpful.


Agree Dan. Also, there is a few members here that pretty much anything you say will not matter. You see the value in this, I see the value in this and that's all that matters. If it works for you and your audience that's what matters. I know this will be a great item to add in my performances. So far the few who have used it and posted here have said it resulted in great reactions.

Mine is supposed to arrive today, looking forward to it!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The main review I have seen said the remote is really noisy , anyway good luck with it Gaz 😊
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hopefully I'll know in 8 hours or so.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The main review I have seen said the remote is really noisy , anyway good luck with it Gaz 😊


This seems to be an aspect that is often ignored by developers

With the Infinity Watch 2.0 this also bothered me a lot ...
Rooster
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Even Rooster says 96% and not all and he will be getting other perks whether that be advertising marketing etc etc . Even the Cafť survives on donations and advertising as I for one have donated to them to help keep these boards going Gaz 😊


Very true, Iíve only done 37 reviews and three of them have been gifted(2 were phone apps and one was a physical product). I have less than 1000 subs so donít have any advertising on my channel and itís not monetised.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The main review I have seen said the remote is really noisy , anyway good luck with it Gaz 😊


Mine is not.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The main review I have seen said the remote is really noisy , anyway good luck with it Gaz 😊


This seems to be an aspect that is often ignored by developers

With the Infinity Watch 2.0 this also bothered me a lot ...


With the Infinity Watch 2.0 you can place the remote on your forearm under your cloth and nobody will hear anything.
Maybe you got a faulty one.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2422 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, peirceman wrote:
I have another question from those of you that bought it. I'm sure it is well made, but this seems like a product for a hobbyist with money to burn. I used to perform magic professionally, just a hobbyist now, and a $100 for magic is a lot for me. The whole premise doesn't seem like it would be entertaining in front of an audience. First, the coin is "Balanced", then after a certain amount of time, it falls off. Sure, it is on the magicians command, but it just falls off. Seems like that is what a coin balanced on a sharpie would do naturally. without magical help. So, now the falling off has to be sold. Meaning magical movements, which could be blamed for why it fell off. I dunno. I wouldn't do it in a parlor or stage setting, it's too small. Walkaround? Nope, needs a table. Table hopping then? Okay, but are you going to carry a glass? Going to use a previously full glass? Going to run to tables that haven't been served anything yet?

Love to hear from people who are planning on doing this for money and how it fits logistically into an act, so I can learn from today's professionals.

BTW, On David Kenney's reviews. They should be named Infomercials. I like what he does because he gives me an overview of the product and is respectful to the creator. It doesn't matter if he calls it out as good or bad, because one man's trash is another man's treasure. He also encourages the viewer to go to other magic review channels, and even names some the have reviewed the same product. I find them helpful.



If you already do victorian coins to glass.....wonder if that glass is big enough?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL