The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20..21~22~23 [Next]
kiketron
View Profile
Elite user
414 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
In the video, if you look close, in one of the demonstrations (coin falling), you can see the v____________n causing the c_p to move slightly sideways BEFORE the coin falls. THAT would be my concern.

Mark


You can always use the black putty as adviced to fix the cap to the table. This is great for outside or light wind conditions.

I think $99 is a fair price, specially when it includes free worldwide shipping
Step into the unknown
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of learachel
Buy it! I just bought it and Henry just sent me the explanation video (which I keep to myself! ) it's excellent! Easy and practical ! I can't wait to play with it!
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1608 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Over the years I witnessed many pre-production stages of Henry Harrius presents releases, such as RD series. The best thing about Henry is 1. He will not release anything unless it can be perform in real live situation and 2. The production quality must be high enough to make every cent spend worths. Magnet-0 also continue the same rationale as mentioned above, and Henry & Armando C. do not disappoint at all.

Just like the trailer said, the coin can be borrowed and signed, the sharpie can be examined afterwards (with explanation), and of course the glass is just a normal borrow transparent glass. Imagine to move a coin (just one of the effect can be achieved) with all the above features, it is no-brainer that Magnet-0 will be supported by real-workers, especially those who see the true value of it.

In product genre of Mentalism effects, a $99 price tag can achieve such a close up miracle actually a bit under price in my opinion.

My highest recommendation.

(Note: I have known Henry for a little about 20 years, but I received no financial gain / free magic props for the above opinion. This is simply my personal thought after saw the demo and prototypes of Magnet-0 He kept working on in last 24 months until it finally completed to present to the world of magic.)
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Kenco
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Kenco
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2020, learachel wrote:
Buy it! I just bought it and Henry just sent me the explanation video (which I keep to myself! ) it's excellent! Easy and practical ! I can't wait to play with it!


I also bought it but haven't received any video, do I have to email him asking for it ? because I don't see it anywhere in my account.
leosx1
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of leosx1
It could combine nicely as first phase of a Magnet-0 / CTC routine.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of learachel
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2020, Kenco wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2020, learachel wrote:
Buy it! I just bought it and Henry just sent me the explanation video (which I keep to myself! ) it's excellent! Easy and practical ! I can't wait to play with it!


I also bought it but haven't received any video, do I have to email him asking for it ? because I don't see it anywhere in my account.


ask him 😄
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
975 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
I was able to watch the instructional video. This really does look like a huge improvement and advancement. Looks extremely well built. Pretty *** silent in action. The way you control magnet-0 looks well updated as well. This will be hit item I think!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1492 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Bought this and just watched the instructional video. This looks VERY good indeed. The gimmick controls are super clever and, from the evidence on the video, it seems 100% reliable and ultra practical for walkaround.

I've never been disappointed with any of Henry's releases and this looks well up to the high bar he has established. And the price is very reasonable IMO.

Mike
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
920 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I normally love his products but this is just not that impressive and super obvious to me. Laypeople will easily guess how this is done.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1492 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, TheDirectionalist wrote:
I normally love his products but this is just not that impressive and super obvious to me. Laypeople will easily guess how this is done.


The (very easy) handling should eliminate all laypersons' theories. Everything in play is fully examinable at the beginning and end.

Whether it is impressive or not is down to presentation.

Mike
geordiediver
View Profile
Regular user
With a phantasmagorical...
104 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Hi,
Can someone tell me if the trigger for this is timed on placement or can it be operated via a remote?
Please PM me if this is to much info here, I am quite interested in this but a remote trigger would swing it.

Thank you Smile
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1396 Posts

Profile of Jared
From a performer's standpoint I like what I see in Henry's latest effect. The prop looks to be well-made and the switch looks convincing. However, I showed the video trailer to a girl that I date and she was not impressed at all. Curiously, I asked her "Why?" and she replied, "Because it probably just falls off on its own." She was clearly not convinced. So, after I got home last night, I took a Sharpie cap and tried balancing a quarter on it (for real). It was actually kind of tricky to keep it balanced because the surface area is so small. In trying to see this from her perspective it made me realize that many people will probably draw the same conclusion even if it's false. Because of this, I'm not quite as warm and fuzzy about this new release.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1032 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Have to agree with Jared on this one.
lachomagician
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of lachomagician
Hi folks,

I have gone over the explanation video in detail, here are my thoughts:
This effect can play extremely strong for a lay audience (to me, the only audience that matters). It would play really well on its own, but I think it would be even better when combined with other PK types of effects. As an example, you could do something with loops, move objects, and suggest to your audience that it is something we can all do, it just takes a strong belief. You move onto Magnet-0 and tell "pass" the power to them, then go into the effect. Perhaps even better, do the clock trick using a sharpie to point to their selected time, again using loops or a reel, then move on to Magnet-0, then the Sharpie is already in play.

I think if you build it up correctly and have several people participating this can play very strong, especially in a walk around situation. Imagine performing this at a party like a wedding for example, where people may talk to each other after and having them all share the experience of having that power? I think that would kill.
The instructions are extremely clear, the product looks well built, and there is really nothing to truly suspect if the effect is practiced. I also believe the cost is more than justified. You are getting a high quality prop, instructions and some extra presentation/use ideas. There is one particular idea that has nothing to do with the PK part of the effect that I think is genius. Finally, this can also be extremely strong in a zoom show when presented correctly.

I think sometimes people (magicians) forget that the trailers are made for the magicians who purchase the effects. The effect itself is created for lay audiences, and it is our job as magicians to add our talent and dedication to create a magical experience for people using our props.

Audiences will love this, can't wait to get my package in the mail. Thanks to Harry and Armando for this fantastic product!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1396 Posts

Profile of Jared
Quote: "I think sometimes people (magicians) forget that the trailers are made for the magicians who purchase the effects. The effect itself is created for lay audiences, and it is our job as magicians to add our talent and dedication to create a magical experience for people using our props."

I hear what you're saying, but I have been performing for years and have learned to trust my intuition by trying to see how magical experiences are perceived through the eyes of laypersons. Although, I do agree to your point that this effect could be strengthened if it was combined with other PK effects within the framework of a set. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is a bad release or anything like that except that there are perhaps more convincing PK demonstrations available.

A good example is bending a coin. When I first started in metal bending, I employed a solid switching technique to accomplish the feat. But most laypersons suspected this was the method even though my mechanics were well-executed. Eventually however, I gravitated to a bending device where the coin could be borrowed beforehand and signed (to verify) and the impact was immediately strengthened...Since the coin was obviously not switched they must be witnessing a 'real' PK demonstration. That said, go out and perform this for audiences and ask them about what they witnessed and report back to us with your findings. I would love to be proven wrong Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5118 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, Jared wrote:
From a performer's standpoint I like what I see in Henry's latest effect. The prop looks to be well-made and the switch looks convincing. However, I showed the video trailer to a girl that I date and she was not impressed at all. Curiously, I asked her "Why?" and she replied, "Because it probably just falls off on its own." She was clearly not convinced. So, after I got home last night, I took a Sharpie cap and tried balancing a quarter on it (for real). It was actually kind of tricky to keep it balanced because the surface area is so small. In trying to see this from her perspective it made me realize that many people will probably draw the same conclusion even if it's false. Because of this, I'm not quite as warm and fuzzy about this new release.


Admittedly, it has been quite a long time since I have been in the dating scene, but coming home and balancing coins on Sharpie caps is not the way I used to hope the evening would end. Smile
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2176 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, Jared wrote:
... I took a Sharpie cap and tried balancing a quarter on it (for real). It was actually kind of tricky to keep it balanced because the surface area is so small...

Exactly what I was suggesting on page 1 of this thread by stating the rounded caps.

Question is, what are some other things that can possibly be done with the apparatus?
Can it be fit into a TT?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1396 Posts

Profile of Jared
Quote: Admittedly, it has been quite a long time since I have been in the dating scene, but coming home and balancing coins on Sharpie caps is not the way I used to hope the evening would end. Smile

OMG you made me laugh so hard!!!! Yep, not exactly what I had in mind last night...If you know what I mean!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8910 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, Wravyn wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, Jared wrote:
... I took a Sharpie cap and tried balancing a quarter on it (for real). It was actually kind of tricky to keep it balanced because the surface area is so small...

Exactly what I was suggesting on page 1 of this thread by stating the rounded caps.

Question is, what are some other things that can possibly be done with the apparatus?
Can it be fit into a TT?


Have you tried balancing a coin on a thumbtip? 🤔🤔
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
138 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Indeed... I think, more and more, that the unstable positioning on the sharpie-cap is a weak point. falling from there is normal, sooner or later, just needing the lightest impulse.
if the coin would lay in a more save position, on the top of a cube for example, starting to move slowly first, would be more impressive...
i'm climbing down from the fence ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL