The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..21~22~23 [Next]
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I'm presuming as "everything is examinable" -according to the advertising- you don't have to switch anything out at the end and the spectators can examine the coin, sharpie cap and glass without you touching them?
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Martin Pulman wrote:
I'm presuming as "everything is examinable" -according to the advertising- you don't have to switch anything out at the end and the spectators can examine the coin, sharpie cap and glass without you touching them?


I don't think anyone I know who owns this cares that much, the switch is so easy. Pretty much every DL, DF, Monte Move, Gaff Deck, Ma**et, R&S, S&L etc. etc. effect requires a move of sorts... very little is truly examinable. As a performer you either handle that, or you don't.

I've bought tricks that I'm unhappy with and feel should have been clearer and more honest, this isn't one of them, but buy and perform the effects you are happy and comfortable performing.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
If it isn't examinable, they shouldn't claim that it is in their advertising. You might not care, but people who care about the art of magic care about false advertising.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Martin Pulman wrote:
You might not care, but people who care about the art of magic care about false advertising.


That's a condescending post.. have your own opinions, but don't assume that I "don't care about the art of magic" you're just a random name on a public forum to me.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
You're choosing to dismiss concerns about false advertising in magic products. You jumped straight in to do so. No one who cares about the art of magic could possibly support blatant false advertising.

If someone released a heavily g****d deck and claimed it was fully examinable they would rightly be called on it. This is no different. If items are not examinable, don't claim they are. They should change the trailer.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Fair enough, I'm big enough to concede that "everything is examinable" isn't 100% accurate, but I still personally like the effect and I still feel that "No one who cares about the art of magic" is a condescending statement. But anyway, have a great day!
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, RNK wrote:
I actually kind of like the sleep mode in case I do forget to turn it off. and it only takes a second to turn it on and you do it right in front of the spectators as the demo shows in the instructional video. Spectators will never see anything as you're doing it since it's so cleverly designed.

I performed this for my one son who knows a lot of magic and he loved it! He was standing right by me, side by side, and he never heard a thing. In this effect the spectators are too clued in on the quarter and their brain isn't on alert about hearing any sound even though there really wasn't anything to hear.


I would have liked to set it up and perform the effect much later (like 20-30 minutes later).
I also wouldn’t activate it in front of spectators as the activation noise of my gimmick is very loud.
Is yours quieter? There is still room for improvements but it’s not the remote that would need a fix.


Assuming there's a switch in your routine, the activation can be done through clothing easily enough... I've had the spectators sign/write/draw something on the coin that will "help you focus on it", this is where I activate in my pocket before removing it while they are focused elsewhere. I then get the pen and cap back from them and switch for the gimmick.

Yes, there's some noise from the buttons, but having performed this 6 times now, nobody has noticed as I'm talking and using the remote discretely


I don’t talk about noise of the remote but the actual gimmick itself. The v*******n feedback after you press on is long and very loud.
If this is how it it, it could definitely need improvement. It could been easily programmed shorter and lighter.
@danHumphrey, RNK do you get a long or a short buzz when turning the unit on?
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I checked with Henry and know I got a defective unit.
He is very kind and will replace my cap. Great service!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
I don’t talk about noise of the remote but the actual gimmick itself. The v*******n feedback after you press on is long and very loud. If this is how it it, it could definitely need improvement. It could been easily programmed shorter and lighter.


Thank you for this important tip. I would recommend Henry to test every shipped product for proper functionality beforehand to avoid such exchanges. This saves a lot of costs plus waiting time and avoids dissatisfied customers.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
ArtIn I am pleased Henry has dealt with your unit quickly for you , best wishes Gaz 😊
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Martin Pulman wrote:
I'm presuming as "everything is examinable" -according to the advertising- you don't have to switch anything out at the end and the spectators can examine the coin, sharpie cap and glass without you touching them?




I don't think anyone I know who owns this cares that much, the switch is so easy. Pretty much every DL, DF, Monte Move, Gaff Deck, Ma**et, R&S, S&L etc. etc. effect requires a move of sorts... very little is truly examinable. As a performer you either handle that, or you don't.

I've bought tricks that I'm unhappy with and feel should have been clearer and more honest, this isn't one of them, but buy and perform the effects you are happy and comfortable performing.



Agree, the advertising is not 100% accurate in regards to requiring a switch at the end.

I also agree with Dan the the switch is so motivated and justified that it doesn't even feel like you are switching anything. This is by far the easiest and most justified switch I have ever came across in a routine.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Martin Pulman wrote:
I'm presuming as "everything is examinable" -according to the advertising- you don't have to switch anything out at the end and the spectators can examine the coin, sharpie cap and glass without you touching them?




I don't think anyone I know who owns this cares that much, the switch is so easy. Pretty much every DL, DF, Monte Move, Gaff Deck, Ma**et, R&S, S&L etc. etc. effect requires a move of sorts... very little is truly examinable. As a performer you either handle that, or you don't.

I've bought tricks that I'm unhappy with and feel should have been clearer and more honest, this isn't one of them, but buy and perform the effects you are happy and comfortable performing.



Agree, the advertising is not 100% accurate in regards to requiring a switch at the end.

I also agree with Dan the the switch is so motivated and justified that it doesn't even feel like you are switching anything. This is by far the easiest and most justified switch I have ever came across in a routine.

Fine. Then say that in the advertising. Don't tell lies about everything being examinable.

For me, if you're demonstrating telekinesis in a Mentalism context the items have to be examinable. It's probably different for people doing it as magic or mental magic.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
It is examinable in the end and I don’t feel offended by the advertisement at all.
Maybe they should write “examinable in the end” but it’s not a problem because you know what you will receive.
In fact the FAQ video they made told you everything about it.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8910 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
It is examinable in the end and I don’t feel offended by the advertisement at all.
Maybe they should write “examinable in the end” but it’s not a problem because you know what you will receive.
In fact the FAQ video they made told you everything about it.


No. Why not tell the truth and state THIS IS NOT EXAMINABLE. It’s quite simple you see.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
It is examinable in the end and I don’t feel offended by the advertisement at all.
Maybe they should write “examinable in the end” but it’s not a problem because you know what you will receive.
In fact the FAQ video they made told you everything about it.


No. Why not tell the truth and state THIS IS NOT EXAMINABLE. It’s quite simple you see.

Exactly. Has the art form sunk so low we've actually got people supporting blatant lies in the advertising of products?
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, Martin Pulman wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
It is examinable in the end and I don’t feel offended by the advertisement at all.
Maybe they should write “examinable in the end” but it’s not a problem because you know what you will receive.
In fact the FAQ video they made told you everything about it.


No. Why not tell the truth and state THIS IS NOT EXAMINABLE. It’s quite simple you see.

Exactly. Has the art form sunk so low we've actually got people supporting blatant lies in the advertising of products?



And here's Pegasus today claiming that a product is examinable when it isn't.

Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, pegasus wrote:
It’s definitely examinable as I couldn’t find anything even with the instructions. Smile


Maybe this is tongue in cheek, but this product is not examinable. I expect that you have also advocated for products that other magicians don't feel are examinable either..

Get over it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Out of order is examinable as they will find nothing at the end . If they do they are a magician and already know the secret . That’s like saying scotch and soda isn’ t examinable at the end as it’s a gimmick but they will find nothing . Switching something out like in this effect is done for a reason it’s because it clearly would give away the secret , handing a great gimmick freely to them when they will not discover the secret is a lot different imho Gaz 😊
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I thought about the big picture and not only the product itself.
As english isn’t my first language I interpreted “examinable” a bit more open.
But I get your point (thank you Gaz).
Anyways it isn’t a flaw with this tiny little object.

Mr. Pulman, I don’t “support lies” but I support this product because I like it very much.
Our art form sunk so low that people keep complaining about products they don’t own and are not even interested in!
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
I thought about the big picture and not only the product itself.
As english isn’t my first language I interpreted “examinable” a bit more open.
But I get your point (thank you Gaz).
Anyways it isn’t a flaw with this tiny little object.

Mr. Pulman, I don’t “support lies” but I support this product because I like it very much. Our art form sunk so low that people keep complaining about products they don’t own and are not even interested in!


People who care about the entertainment business discuss it in great detail. The art sinks when people just happy-clap because they've got a new toy.

I'm very interested in the telekinesis plot. Any release that claims to allow a performance of that plot and is examinable will always be of interest to me. As one of the two items involved isn't examinable its usefulness in a Mentalism context is severely restricted.

Allow I disagree with it, your opinion on the worth of the product is every bit as valid as anyone's. Supporting and excusing lies in advertising -as you did earlier- isn't valid.

They should change the trailer.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, Martin Pulman wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
I thought about the big picture and not only the product itself.
As english isn’t my first language I interpreted “examinable” a bit more open.
But I get your point (thank you Gaz).
Anyways it isn’t a flaw with this tiny little object.

Mr. Pulman, I don’t “support lies” but I support this product because I like it very much. Our art form sunk so low that people keep complaining about products they don’t own and are not even interested in!


People who care about the entertainment business discuss it in great detail. The art sinks when people just happy-clap because they've got a new toy.

I'm very interested in the telekinesis plot. Any release that claims to allow a performance of that plot and is examinable will always be of interest to me. As one of the two items involved isn't examinable its usefulness in a Mentalism context is severely restricted.

Allow I disagree with it, your opinion on the worth of the product is every bit as valid as anyone's. Supporting and excusing lies in advertising -as you did earlier- isn't valid.

They should change the trailer.


You don’t know me and if you read my other thoughts in this thread about magic reviews you could see that I don’t “happy-clap”.
I also made some suggestions to improve on the product.
The usefulness of Magnet-0 in a mentalism context is not restricted. This of course is my opinion and I respect yours.
You can write Henry about the advertisement issue and I am sure he will take care of it.
He is very generous and service-oriented.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL