The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..21~22~23 [Next]
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, 1KJ wrote:
This seems like a high tech solution to a low tech problem. All I can say is that IT is so thin that it works under a cup.

In the future, we will all carry a hologram device and magicians won't learn any skills, they will just push a button and there will be a hologram of them doing magic.

KJ

You can do a lot of things a lot of different ways...Magnet-o, at least solves the problem of not having to set up IT in advance. More freedom in how you want to present this.

That's a plus in my book.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of academy
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
Wow, this is getting boring!

I haven't seen anyone who owns this say they are unhappy with the gimmick.

Henry should ideally replace his "everything is examinable" bullet point with the same wording the VI guys use:

"By utilizing a super quick and easy switch, you can even borrow the sharpie or have an ungimmicked sharpie available for examination."

Are we done now?

No, it should be rephrased like this:

"We were in such a hurry to put the gimmick on the market that we haven't had time to build an examinable prop"

It seems we can spend thousand words about how good is the edge of a gaffed coin but we can't talk about marker caps.

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, Ray Chelt wrote:
I think this is an interesting argument (sorry)

To my mind this effect is structured in a way that says the props are examinable at the beginning and the end. In fact using the sharpie to mark the coin is an extra confirmation that all is okay. If you are ringing in something extra then ringing it out again then that is good structure.

By the way I tend to view the demo as part of the ad and it’s very honest in how you handle the sharpie at the beginning and end of the effect.

The only point that the thing isn’t examinable is mid-trick. isn't that the way with most effects ?

So I’ve no problem with saying it’s examinable at the end.

True and what I have pretty much stated more than a few times here. But thank you for your opinion Ray.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Exactly as I have said from the get go the method is far far better than the actual effect it’s as simple as that imo Gaz 😊

Have to do disagree Gaz, the effect gets great reactions. Have done it now a few times and always plays super. Did you finally pick it up and actually perform yet? Just wandering what you are basing your opinion on that the effect is weak because I am definitely getting different reactions than that.

Bob
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, 1KJ wrote:
This seems like a high tech solution to a low tech problem. All I can say is that IT is so thin that it works under a cup.

In the future, we will all carry a hologram device and magicians won't learn any skills, they will just push a button and there will be a hologram of them doing magic.

KJ

1KJ, I really appreciate your comments on the Café for years.
I love IT and own nearly every typ of it, ITR, electric ITR, everything there is.
Still Magnet-0 gives you much more freedom and offers much different possibilities.
It may look simple but I believe that you need great skills to pull off this (every) PK effect effectively.
Most people still don’t seem to understand what you actually can achieve with this. 😁
I am glad my idea hasn’t been mentioned yet.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8910 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Have to agree that this effect would better suit a beginner with no previous knowledge or skills, and nothing else to perform.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of learachel
Hello, I have a small problem, it's not the first time I've been asked why I put the sharpis in my pocket (at the first switch), it's illogical to put a sharpis without a cap, do you have a solution?
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
509 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, learachel wrote:
Hello, I have a small problem, it's not the first time I've been asked why I put the sharpis in my pocket (at the first switch), it's illogical to put a sharpis without a cap, do you have a solution?

I agree with you so I handle it definitely. I reach in pocket and p**m out cap in left hand and bring out sharpie with left hand or simply grab the Sharpie off table with p**ming hand. I uncap sharpie with right hand and lay the sharpie on table while maintaining p**med cap. As I talk to spectator about borrowing a coin I shuttle pass / fake transfer the real cap to left hand to reveal fake cap. I go south with right hand into pocket to get coin ... or just leave cap if they have one.

Ryan
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

I thought the same thing but after you do it in performance it's one of those discrepancies that the specs don't even notice. Henry even mentions the fact about supposedly putting an uncapped sharpie in your pocket isn't logical but will fly right by them. And it definitely does through my experiences so far.

Thanks for sharing Ryan, a great solution if you are worried about it.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1696 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Here's an idea. Now that we know what's involved, why not practice swapping one Sharpie cap for another? If you can do that without dropping it or whatever, then order this gimmick.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1888 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Have to agree that this effect would better suit a beginner with no previous knowledge or skills, and nothing else to perform.

What someone like David Penn

Who gave it 100%
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:

You've to put a sharpie without a cap on into your pocket? You need noise to cover the clicking? And the props aren't examinable?

Why does everything have to be rushed to market these days?spend a bit more development time on the gimmick,spend time working on the routining, and spend time creating a truthful trailer and then you can offer something to purchasers that doesn't have all of these inherent flaws.

There's always going to be a proportion of people who are happy to accept and excuse faults, just so they can have the latest toy (you see it when a new phone/computer is released) but magic products should really have been tested over a couple of years in front of real audiences, minimum.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
Actually Martin it starting to seem like you have a personal vendetta against Henry at this point. The product is excellent as it is and not because I like to play with toys but because the few times I have already performed this is went over fantastic! So not sure what your agenda is against Henry.

To your points (since it seems you have been missing a lot of others responses:
1. Yes you put an uncapped sharpie marker in your pocket and yes the audience doesn't even notice. Though if you are afraid to do that you can always do what Ryan just posted.
2. Already many here have said the noise is not an issue so don't know why you keep bringing up the noise.
3. The props are in fact examinable as explained by people here. I'm not going to waste my time to reiterate the simplicity of the routine which involves no skill at all that results in the problems being able to be examined.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:

What someone like David Penn

Who gave it 100%

Now come on Jackmagic, You should know by now Pegasus is just trying to get a rise out of people here with this basic targeted post.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, RNK wrote:
Actually Martin it starting to seem like you have a personal vendetta against Henry at this point. The product is excellent as it is and not because I like to play with toys but because the few times I have already performed this is went over fantastic! So not sure what your agenda is against Henry..

Keep your personal remarks on my character to yourself or content me on PM.

This is a forum to discuss products, not for personal insults. If that's your thing go to Twitter. Don't pollute the Café with it.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Pulman vs RNK round 27....
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8910 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Do you all carry around a wine glass for this?
LankyHobo
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:

You tend to find all types of glasses in most places with humans.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8910 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, LankyHobo wrote:
Quote:

Oh I see, so this effect is restricted to bars and restaurants, which are mostly closed for the foreseeable.
LankyHobo
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, LankyHobo wrote:
Quote:

Oh I see, so this effect is restricted to bars and restaurants, which are mostly closed for the foreseeable.

Nope, I'm guessing you have glasses in your house too. And any place of work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL