The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21~22~23 [Next]
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I tried to balance a 2€ coin and it was pretty easy.
So I can not agree with the comments above.
Letting it drop is also about control and timing. The product seem to allow for a great control.
Unfortunately it will be sent by EMS and will take ages to arrive.
It’s much better than bulky pens and I have some ideas with this in mind already.
Well done!!
dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
112 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, TheDirectionalist wrote:
I normally love his products but this is just not that impressive and super obvious to me. Laypeople will easily guess how this is done.

Hi Everyone. Just to add in some more points which I hope I can change your opinion on Henry's latest release. Also, I would just to state my position as well (much like Steven Leung), I stand no financial gain / free magic props for my opinions. It's all based on my personal thoughts after watching the instructional video (after purchasing of course) and also Henry sharing the behind the scene process with me privately.

Several points:

1. The sharpie can be examined before and after the effect, and is an ordinary object in spectator's POV.

2. At the beginning of the routine, the sharpie is given to the spectator to sign the coin. It induces them the idea to believe it is an ordinary sharpie (and it's true). The principle is like you handing out a deck to spectator to shuffle. At that juncture, they already believe it is an ordinary deck. And in the case where they don't believe, they can instantly check it.

3. The cap stays and only the coin move because of the devious design used. To a layman it is the coin that moves itself, and it has nothing to do with the cap. The cap is only for putting the coin at a place that it could fall.

Do let know what your concerns are, and I'll try my best to explain.
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

Welcome to #theBLACKseries, a collection of my Cardistry work.
Only at: http://www.instagram.com/dylanxtaylor
dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
112 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, Christian de Punto wrote:
Indeed... I think, more and more, that the unstable positioning on the sharpie-cap is a weak point. falling from there is normal, sooner or later, just needing the lightest impulse.
if the coin would lay in a more save position, on the top of a cube for example, starting to move slowly first, would be more impressive...
i'm climbing down from the fence ;-)

For the routine, it's highly recommended to perform in combination of a glass, so it will portray the image where the coin is truly isolated, while making external influences impossible to affect its condition.

Do check out Henry's full performance in context to see the motivation factors in its design:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIsg_dxF2dK/......n5ztrvij
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8910 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just a thought, not sure how long the gimmick vibrates for, but an easy firmware upgrade could change this, but how about balancing the coin on 3 sharpie lids (2 non gimmicked, and of different colours, as a reason to be carrying 3 sharpies)

Now a coin falling from a stable platform would be a game changer, and it may even work out of the box, on current factory settings.
dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
112 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Just a thought, not sure how long the gimmick vibrates for, but an easy firmware upgrade could change this, but how about balancing the coin on 3 sharpie lids (2 non gimmicked, and of different colours, as a reason to be carrying 3 sharpies)

Now a coin falling from a stable platform would be a game changer, and it may even work out of the box, on current factory settings.

So currently there's two presets for the timing to activate the gimmick - One at 7 Seconds, and the other is for the immediate drop. The duration is about 1 sec, more than enough to knock the coin off the cap.

Within the tutorial, Henry and Armando do go through various presentational variations, including one that uses your shadow to knock the coin off the cap. Super visual and beautiful to watch.
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, Christian de Punto wrote:
Indeed... I think, more and more, that the unstable positioning on the sharpie-cap is a weak point. falling from there is normal, sooner or later, just needing the lightest impulse.
if the coin would lay in a more save position, on the top of a cube for example, starting to move slowly first, would be more impressive...
i'm climbing down from the fence ;-)

You can leave the coin where it is for 10 minutes + to convince people of the fact that it will not fall by itself.
Especially with Euro coins they will stay rock solid on top.
You can control the moment on point. If you can predict when a coin fall by itself it would be still a great miracle. 😄
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
61 Posts

Profile of Armando Cheung
Hi everyone! Thank you for your attention on Magnet-0! Henry is probably very busy so I would love to answer all questions related to Magnet-0 here.

Since the trailer cannot spoil too much, all the concerns in the previous replies are understandable! I really wish I can perform it in front of you guys to show you how great it is!
I would like to share some thoughts, hope it will be helpful for anyone interested in getting Magnet-0!

1)Magnet-0 is designed to real world performers. We don’t just make it smaller only. Several things are also improved. For example, if you have an experience in performing PK coin effect with a big marker, smooth surface will be a problem.
With Magnet-0, I believe you can perform in most of the surface.

2)When re-imagining this effect, we want a really convenient and common object, which you can put in the pocket so you are ready to go. Thanks to a super clever design, you are able to tXXn on in FRONT of the audience. After performance, you do NOT need to tXXn off. Why? Because it will AUTOMATICALLY do itself after 5 minutes! Therefore, the power of Magnet-0 will be used much more efficiency!

3)With many prototyping, we did try different kinds of object. Surprisingly, Sharpie cap is the perfect one! It is really easy to put a coin on the cap! Use ANY coins. Counterintuitively, the coin on the cap is really stable.
When we perform Magnet-0, we take off the cap in front of audience, use a glass to cover the coin and step back several meters from the coin. We also emphasize that “Without touching table or anything, is it possible to make the coin drop?”. It dispels all the unnecessary suspect!

4)You have an option to make the coin drop immediately. Or, you can make it drop 7 seconds later using the 7-seconds delay function, which allows you to perform it hands free. The distance between performer and Magnet-0 can be at least 3-6m. If you wish, you can step back really really far away from the coin and still make coin drop.

5)The effect itself is not only impressive, it really looks like real magic. Even though it is still great to show your psychic power, Henry and I agree that letting spectators to do is the best! In the instructional video, Henry and I will share with you how to maximize the impact as well.

Magnet-0 has been developed over 2 years. We promise you that every detail and handling is well-considered and tested.
If you have any questions on Magnet-0, please free to ask here!
geordiediver
View Profile
Regular user
With a phantasmagorical...
104 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
@Armando Cheung
Hi,
Is it possible to remove the "workings" from the sharpie cap and put it in something else?
Just I don't always carry a sharpie with me ;-)

Thank you.
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
61 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 15, 2020, geordiediver wrote:
@Armando Cheung
Hi,
Is it possible to remove the "workings" from the sharpie cap and put it in something else?
Just I don't always carry a sharpie with me ;-)

Thank you.

Hi geordiediver

Thanks for asking!
We believe it is not quite possible, everything is built perfectly inside unless you are VERY good at breaking up things without damaging what you need. We don't believe normal people could do that.

Or, unless you can put the whole unit into a larger cap OR other objects, that could be possible.You can experiment with a normal sharpie cap. We built our unit to look 100% like a sharpie cap.
geordiediver
View Profile
Regular user
With a phantasmagorical...
104 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2020, Armando Cheung wrote:

Hi geordiediver

Thanks for asking!
We believe it is not quite possible, everything is built perfectly inside unless you are VERY good at breaking up things without damaging what you need. We don't believe normal people could do that.
Or, unless you can put the whole unit into a larger cap OR other objects, that could be possible.You can experiment with a normal sharpie cap. We built our unit to look 100% like a sharpie cap.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. Oh well I might risk it, pity you cant buy the unit out of the cap. Give the user a choice to put it in another object, say a chewing gum packet or something similar.

Thanks Smile
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
61 Posts

Gentle reminder:
Free shipping will be given if you order Magnet-0 on or before 17-Dec-2020.
All pre-order will be shipped on 18-Dec-2020.
Don’t miss the chance!

Order it here:
https://hhpresents.com
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Hello Armando,
Approximately how many performances can you do with it before needing to recharge it? Is it rechargeable, or do you need to replace a battery? Thank you!
kiketron
View Profile
Elite user
414 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2020, Luke Master wrote:
Hello Armando,
Approximately how many performances can you do with it before needing to recharge it? Is it rechargeable, or do you need to replace a battery? Thank you!

According to instructions it can last 1 or 2 weeks after charging from 30 min to 1 hour.
That’s what Henry sais.
Step into the unknown
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
61 Posts

Quote:
Hello Armando,

Hi Luke Master! Thank you for asking.

It is rechargeable!

Usually I only charge every 1-2 weeks. The battery life is very good because the vibration is very short for every performance.

Although the battery capacity is very good, we would still suggest to charge it full before you have any formal shows.

We do not recommend to keep clicking the instant drop button and vibrating for a super long time because the device is not designed for this purpose.
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Just watched tutorial. If you don’t use it for a long time and battery drains will the battery die out sooner. Or do you need to charge it periodically to keep battery durable even if not in use much. Just wondering as similar devices need to be charge every so often even when not using to preserve battery life.
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
61 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 16, 2020, Scottacorman wrote:
Just watched tutorial. If you don’t use it for a long time and battery drains will the battery die out sooner. Or do you need to charge it periodically to keep battery durable even if not in use much. Just wondering as similar devices need to be charge every so often even when not using to preserve battery life.

Hi Scottacorman! Thanks for asking!

Like other elxxxxxxxic products, charging regularly is needed for maintaining items in a good condition
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
61 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 15, 2020, kiketron wrote:
Quote:
Hello Armando,

According to instructions it can last 1 or 2 weeks after charging from 30 min to 1 hour.
That’s what Henry sais.

Yes you are right!
I think it would last longer (1 month should not be a problem) if you don’t use it frequently.
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Thanks so much. I’m assuming the remote battery is replaceable when it dies ?
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
61 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 16, 2020, Scottacorman wrote:
Thanks so much. I’m assuming the remote battery is replaceable when it dies ?

Correct!
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
61 Posts

Hi everyone,

Henry and I filmed an exclusive video for magicians and answer all the questions from all of you.

To protect the secret from layman, here is the link:

https://vimeo.com/491583760

Password hint: Only 3 letters. First name of a famous mentalist _ _ _ Maven.

We respect magic secrets more than anyone. I think you can see that we made our trailer in a way that even layman would not understand how the trick work (*mentioning a true statement, with borrowed sharpie, etc). At the same time magicians would understand completely how it works because we showed everything you need to know from a trailer (showing the s____h, etc)

Again if you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask here Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL