The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2021, hypblake wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2021, hypblake wrote:
And for my second post in years. Where can you buy this? It looks great.

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Where+to+b......+Harrius

Same old Café. It has been this way since 03. I should know better than to ask. Luckily helpful people use PM.

I'm sorry you felt offended - it was half a joke, but also helpful as the top 2 links are Vanishing Inc. and Henry's own website both of which are very reliable.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
What gets me that the same amount of effort it took DanHumphrey to type his question here, he could have indeed typed it into google and received an immediate answer.

That said, I'll admit we do need to be more tolerant here at the Café. Open to all questions and inquiries...be more helpful all around.

But can we also be more resourceful too?
hypblake
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of hypblake
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2021, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
What gets me that the same amount of effort it took DanHumphrey to type his question here, he could have indeed typed it into google and received an immediate answer.

That said, I'll admit we do need to be more tolerant here at the Café. Open to all questions and inquiries...be more helpful all around.

All good. Some of us very rarely purchase anything. We have our workers and that is all we need/want. As a result when something does catch our eye and it isn’t on a typical online retailer we don’t know who to trust. It isn’t that we don’t know about google it is that I am not sure who is a trusted seller.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2021, PendletonThe3rd wrote:

Whoops, I meant hypblake not DanHumphrey

All good Hypblake.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3487 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Pegasus is a long time member who has a sense of humour that sometimes is very dry. He has contributed a lot to the Café and called out a lot of advertising BS here and saved people money. He treads a fine line for sure but also helps cutting through the crap to find the diamond.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2021, takeachance wrote:
Pegasus is a long time member who has a sense of humour that sometimes is very dry. He has contributed a lot to the Café and called out a lot of advertising BS here and saved people money. He treads a fine line for sure but also helps cutting through the crap to find the diamond.

Totally agree the more people post it’s natural some will be offended here and there it’s called the law of averages and the truth hurts sometimes . It’s a fact of life Gaz 😊
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The level of hype, friend's reviews and mindless fan-boy/girl behaviour is so prevalent on the Café these days (see this thread for details), that someone like Pegasus becomes almost essential to undercut it all.

It would be lovely if everyone could critique new releases in a sensible, well-reasoned civilised manner, but the hype, false advertising and pile-on bullying from "creators" and fans (again, see this thread for details) mean Pegasus is a necessary evil.

More power to his diabolical elbow!
hypblake
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of hypblake
I agree it is nice to have real reviews. The constant hammering on a point is what got me. I did over react though. My apologies.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1715 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
You Sir, are a gentleman.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Just received mine ,I am well pleased with it
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2021, gassaox wrote:

Me too, great item. Don’t let the comments on noise put you off, it really isn’t a problem. You could give the Crown Jewels to a ‘magician’ and they would complain that they are too shiny.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2021, TheGingerWizard wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2021, gassaox wrote:

Me too, great item. Don’t let the comments on noise put you off, it really isn’t a problem. You could give the Crown Jewels to a ‘magician’ and they would complain that they are too shiny.

LOL!! So true....
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2540 Posts

Profile of NeilS
The 'noise' is no problem. Because of what you are doing you may be listening out for it but all the spectators will be focussing on the balancing coin.

Also, when I received this, by chance I had a foil milk bottle top within easy reach. I balanced it on the pen top and it worked a treat.

Neil
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Paid the $100 for this with trepidation as I can count on one hand how many times I have laid out that amount of loot for an effect, but I have to say, after having this for a few weeks, I am still very happy with my purchase. Yes, there is some noise (but it flies over virtually everyone), if doing this in a quiet room (I use it without sticky stuff for those that know), but in the right surroundings, it really is extremely cool. It is one of those effects that is actually a blast to practice (I have been doing it nightly while perusing the Café). I highly recommend it (but secretly wish no one buys it to keep it limited).
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I agree superb item , the idea of using it with a mem deck is genius
Baz5535
View Profile
New user
Chigwell
16 Posts

Profile of Baz5535
Just ordered mine. Looking forward to it. Going to use it as a lead up to Imagination Coins
gossamer
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of gossamer
Quote:

Haven't been posting long, but I've been reading longer, and I have to agree, Pegasus is a valuable member for sure.
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2021, gossamer wrote:
Quote:

Haven't been posting long, but I've been reading longer, and I have to agree, Pegasus is a valuable member for sure.

Same here. I've been reading post and product reviews on here for 10 to 12 years before joining 3 years ago. I almost always get a good laugh with some of his comments.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3487 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Does the cap fit on any sharpie?
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
The cap cannot be used as the mechanism fills up the inside. It must be switched in and out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnet-0 by Henry Harrius & Armando C. (186 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL