The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Gold - various mentalists (a Magic Portal review) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
619 Posts

Profile of canaday
Gold - various mentalists (pdf)
$49.00
https://chandlerismagic.com/

The Hype:
This book is a fundraiser with contributions from the mentalism community in aid of one of our own.
It is also LOADED with some of the best routines from the sharpest minds on the planet:

What do you suppose Colin McLeod does to make the Invisible Deck into a jaw dropping series of predictions? This video, which he wasn't planning on releasing just yet, is what they call JPG. ("Just Plain Genius")

What single effect does Richard Osterlind do when they ask for an impromptu performance and it HAS to be perfect? Here’s a hint: a series of IMPOSSIBLE revelations involving an every day item.

What previously unreleased new effect would Neal Scryer do to blow audiences away with an oh-so-simple routine about birthdays and impossible predictions? This effect offers two outs: you are going to HEAR the jaws dropping all over the audience.

You'll never guess what effect Ted Karmilovich has used used to lead into his own Mother of All Book Tests routine for a decade. So strong!
Bruce Bernstei..an impossible prediction..and a diabolically simple idea that delivers a powerful punch. Richard Webste..Christopher Taylo..Millard Longma..Neil Tobin, Robert Siepeilski (who delivers a devastating and (I DO mean DEVASTATING) 3 envelope routine), Jheff with a commercial celebrity prediction, Lary Kuehn with a routine soooo adaptabl..David Thiel with a powerful effect he's performed for a decade and never released.

This book is a monster - loaded with great effects from people you KNOW, sharing powerful routines. This is stuff you’ll USE.

And every single penny raised from every single sale goes directly to Chandler and Bean.

My Take:
Usually when a fund raiser is being held, a band or comedian does a show to raise some cash. In a rare instance, a magician may appear. This is an unbelievable collection of routines from some of the top mentalists around. This is not throw away material. It seems to come from their A list. Apparently Chandler is well thought of in the industry.

I have been fortunate enough to see Chandler perform a couple of times. We even sessioned once (and I fooled him!). He is a former president of the Psychic Entertainers Association. His wife, Beaner Chandler, has been diagnosed with a terminal neurological disease called Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (P.S.P.). Since she cannot work and he is limited to the amount of shows he can do (plus Covid cancellations), obviously the medical bills and Co-pays have eaten up their savings. There is also a link on the page for a Gofundme account.

That being said, this is a tremendous collection of Gold routines. There are too many to list them all but here are a few that caught my eye.

Richard Osterlind gives a nice routine featuring his Breakthrough Card System. (The system is not taught here but is widely available on the net.)

Luca Volpe offers a nice routine on the Which Hand? theme. The bonus here is that he uses gemstones and give you a meaning for each type of gem allowing you to do a reading with the routine.

I am a huge fan of Mother of All Book Test and Ted Karmilovich gives the routine he always opens with when he does his book test.

And the creator of everyone's favorite billet peek, Acidus Novis, Millard Longman will show you how to do an impromptu reading using the sweeteners found on the table in any restaurant.

Of course, the other routines are outstanding, too, and I am sure you will find something you like. However, for my money, the gem of the collection is a link to a Vimeo video of Colin McLeod teaching his version of the invisible Deck. His routine will bring your performance to another level.

Conclusion: This is a great collection of mentalism routines and at $49.00, a bargain. I recently reviewed a mentalism pdf costing $50.00 that taught you only one trick. Granted, it was a really good trick but it is obvious what makes this such a good deal. Every mentalist should have this in this library. And even if you are not a mentalist, you will be helping out a brother magician in his time of need.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3039 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Thank you for this review, Jim! There's a ton of amazing material in this resource, and I am honored to be have my own original contribution among such company.

For those reading who are loyal purchasers at Penguin Magic, you'll be glad to know that Penguin has agreed to carry GOLD without taking a single penny — all funds go directly to the cause. Order here:
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14517
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
619 Posts

Profile of canaday
That is great. I am sure Ken is very grateful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Gold - various mentalists (a Magic Portal review) (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL