We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lost Twilight Zone Episode (Bobby Hasbun's Latest) (166 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
255 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
I just ordered mine as well, I'm so excited! So . . . what is the effect exactly?
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1007 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
The effect is this as the audience sees it:

You wake up in the morning, excitedly expecting a package from Phoenix, Arizona.

You trudge through 4 feet of snow for what seems like miles down the driveway to your mailbox, opening it up with anticipation.

No package, but there is a pair of shoes.

It is what you need.

You put them on.

They're too small.

You trudge miles back to your house.

You slip and fall, just inches from the safety and warmth of your home.

You try and get up.

You slip again, sliding further down the hill, away from safety.

This goes on for hours, until you wake up in a cold sweat.

Then you excitedly head down the hill towards your mailbox, expecting a package from Phoenix, Arizona.

It never ends.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
725 Posts

Profile of Winks
But I live in Phoenix.
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2020, Dr Spektor wrote:
Santa you say...?

I'll drink to that.

I can't wait until the presents arrive and all of you start posting your first impressions, reviews, performance ideas (in the crypt), and most of all...
stories of the reactions from those that held this coin and experienced the TZ magic firsthand.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1483 Posts

Profile of Darkness
There is very little I purchase anymore. As I want to use it not store it. I did buy this. Even before I spoke to Bobby.

This is not a review only to help clarify a bit. I’m not here to pump it. But the ad copy is a bit vague.

Being a late boomer I get it. It was part of my childhood. I connect with TZ already and believe I can easily perform it with passion and conviction. Will see...

I’ve only read the manual. It’s short and to the point, easy to digest (yay!). It is obviously something small you can carry. Therefore has more opportunities to be performed in a variety of settings. That to me is a major purchase criteria. I have enough stage/parlor effects that are not getting fully utilize. A waste of money if you ask me. I still want to perform “at special occasions”.

To me TZ B&W was my generations introduction to bizarre. Maybe that’s why I like it. So Bobby picked a good subject matter. That alone was a smart move. I wish I thought of using that!

I hope I don’t see others jump on the TZ bandwagon. Ahem...

There is no real setup and even if you don’t want to do the effect (huh?) the whole “play” of it all is interesting enough that people “should” be fascinated (although I have yet to hear the recording).

It would help if specs knew the franchise. In particular the R od S erling years of 1959-64 (but even I was too young, so consider your audience).

The prop you see on his site and what Bobby explains is basically enough information of what you’re getting. If you like the premise and you know the TZ vibe, his description does speak to what you will receive. It’s a simple understated effect.

There are not many I would come out to support but Bobby is one of the good guys. I could give it an honest non bias review later, but why bother he’s going to sell out (eventually). Its pointless unless it’s taken in the right way. No one want to hear the not so good and then come the arguments. And most reviews are too glowing to be of use. He doesn’t need anyone’s help to sell. Least of all me!

I would rather this stays underground.

From the no pumping zone.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Heheh, Darkness, I bought it regardless if I was going to use it or not Smile - TZ was so ahead of its time... and no remake or redo of the original series ever struck gold the way Serling's did.

This will go with my Mystic Seer (which I custom made to have a f*lse back to allow a sw*tch of the cards that get ejected).... I believe I can build a Night Gallery / Twilight Zone entire show... and the whole theme of wishes is huge in the TZ.... huge... and sometimes very Monkey Pawish ->> which is what I plan to do with my presentation once I get the goods and start playing with it for a routine.

Y'know another reason why I liked it was that the Mimir reminds me so much of the classic S1 TOMB OF HORRORS - face with the sphere of annihilation... ah those were the days! Boy was Acererak a jerk!

"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1483 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I have to agree with everything you said on this one Smile
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2278 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Is it just me, or do others also see Dr. Speltor as a Rod Serling doppleganger? A mans whos own profession to some degree dabbles in a reality Twilight Zonew of his own. Who better then to open this Hasbens Pandoras box even further.

A Dr. Spektor contest for themed story lines and routines for this effect and others?

Just a thought.

Kotah
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1266 Posts

Profile of reese
Huh? Misspellings aside... we own our own brains. I think.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1266 Posts

Profile of reese
On second thought. Maybe not.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2278 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I apologize for attempting to make suggestions.

mis spellings are part of my poor eyesight and stroke impaired fingers of one hand.

It can be part of getting old

The 'HUH' of it reese, was the suggestion Dr. Spektor renew his challenge contests.

Even human spell checkers may apply if they use free will.

Kotah
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2278 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
If reese is a proper noun. why is it spelled in all lower case letters?

Kotah
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1768 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Like so many, I was thrilled to receive the notification of his newest release! R1tual gets to be opened a week from today! Two of Bobby’s effects in one-month! It is like Christmas! So excited!! Thanks, Bobby, for sharing your magical thinking and pain-staking desire for faithful time-specific releases... and sharing that genius with us! I can almost hear you laughing in the distance, far away, “Ho ho ho!”
Happy holidays, folks!
David
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, KOTAH wrote:
I apologize for attempting to make suggestions.

mis spellings are part of my poor eyesight and stroke impaired fingers of one hand.

It can be part of getting old

The 'HUH' of it reese, was the suggestion Dr. Spektor renew his challenge contests.

Even human spell checkers may apply if they use free will.

Kotah

Alas and alack, I wish I had the time...... and unlike Hermione, time twisting ends up in disaster....

"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
(A Flying Trapeze, Twilight Zone, and Harry Potter reference in a single-sentence posting? Dr Spektor, please come sit next to me.)

Bobby's latest looks to be another spectacular success & winner all around. Always such great ideas. Always such wonderful props. Always such a gentleman. Bobby remains a solid asset to this community; any and all enthusiasm and congratulation he receives here or elsewhere is very well deserved indeed.

Keep up the fabulous work, Bobby, and Happy Christmas.

BC
Phasmologist
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
725 Posts

Profile of Winks
People, just ignore reese. He has become the strand of hair you find in your dessert and go "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Looks like it might work with the Mystic Seer?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1563 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
With LC's Hourglass you could stop & start time TZ style for some added workings for this, I'll have to pull mine out.
Maybe right when your spec goes to make a wish, it slows down then stops for a few seconds......feel the air get cold & stagnant, then the sands start moving during or after the "wish".....?? (Especially if you froze while it happened until it started up, might freak a spec out or a "What the F" moment.....)
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1483 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Yes slim absolutely. Now I wish I had one lol
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
This one is right up my alley, so had to snap one up. I’m beyond happy with R1tual, and this looks to be of the same “eerie and spooky, but in a subtle and not overtly ‘ta da!’ way. So, reading the manual, I can already tell this is going to be a winner for me.

Of all the Christmas presents I could get for myself, I’m thinking I made a great choice with this one!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lost Twilight Zone Episode (Bobby Hasbun's Latest) (166 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL