The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lost Twilight Zone Episode (Bobby Hasbun's Latest) (164 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Schaff
View Profile
Regular user
Fargo, ND
101 Posts

Profile of Schaff
This is exciting to me too. My dad would watch the twilight zone marathons with me every new year in the 90’s — I think that’s still going on too! Anyhow, this will be awesome and I’ll be able to perform with real emotions. Smile
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1262 Posts

Profile of reese
I read the pdf. I love this. ( the 1st buyers may receive an earlier version of the performance manual. A corrected pdf was sent to them. Which added subtleties that can make all the difference... in the Twilight Zone)
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
725 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I've purchased and not received a pdf? I asked about this a few pages ago but figured everything would just be coming with the delivery? Seems a few fellas have already digested the manual.

Should purchasers be reaching out to Bobby personally?
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Thanks to all of you for the overwhelming support!

Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, illusioneer wrote:
I've purchased and not received a pdf? I asked about this a few pages ago but figured everything would just be coming with the delivery? Seems a few fellas have already digested the manual.

Should purchasers be reaching out to Bobby personally?

The performance guide is on the physical drive inside the Desire box, but a few purchasers have reached out to access it early.

I’ll send one to your email now, Illusioneer. If any other purchasers would like to read it before receiving, please reach out to bobby@darkartifice.com.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
719 Posts

Profile of Winks
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Mine came today and it is so diabolically right out of the Twilight Zone. So fantastically simple and so fantastically amazing. I do believe I have now entered another dimension. A dimension not of sight or sound but of mind. Thank you, Bobby. You just saved the year 2020 for me.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Bobby told me he'll include future ideas in a manual update for purchasers - already sent him a few ideas I'll work up more once I got the physical items Smile - some alternative methods and a more dark evil ending hohoho merry X-mas!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1560 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I emailed Bobby 11pm last nite for pdf, minutes later it bizarrely appeared in an email from him ,lol. Fantastic customer service as always from Bobby!!

Read thru the pdf, & another awesome effect from bobby, simple manual within its simple complexities of uses to perf with, a definite Twilight (Zone) delite !!

& thanks to those that helped Bobby on this project too !

Looking forward to having in hand Mon, already considering other effects I have for a Twilight Zone performance setting with this,(perhaps Prof BC's F@erie Shi11ing could be played with a TZ storyline...."Luck of the Irish" or a "Leprechauns Revenge") ?
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3495 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, Merlinsmagic wrote:
I emailed Bobby 11pm last nite for pdf, minutes later it bizarrely appeared in an email from him ,lol. Fantastic customer service as always from Bobby!!

Bobby is always on top of the support and customer service.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1005 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Kind of like you, Willie.

I don't think that any of your customers have ever complained.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3495 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, Jack Straw wrote:
Kind of like you, Willie.

I don't think that any of your customers have ever complained.

I did once have a politician complain he was not dead, but we all know politicians lie.
tvbuzz
View Profile
New user
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
57 Posts

Profile of tvbuzz
Will add in ... emailed Bobby around 2 am last night and he quickly responded!

Grab this one while you still can!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3495 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2020, tvbuzz wrote:
Will add in ... emailed Bobby around 2 am last night and he quickly responded!

Grab this one while you still can!

I sometimes wonder if he actually sleeps.
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
237 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Aside from the incredible amount of thought that goes into his art, Bobby is a great guy that cares about his customers
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1262 Posts

Profile of reese
I honestly don't see how the effect can be improved upon but I love to be surprised.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Despite being hobbled by both the holiday season and the pandemic, the post office managed to surprise me today with "Desire".

The packaging was--as it will come to no surprise to anyone that owns R1tual--excellent and well produced. What I love most, though is the quality of the coin itself. It's the furthest thing from a cheap trinket. The heft, age, and detail of the thing leaves no doubt to its authenticity, and it demands to be handled, studied, and turned over in the hand again and again (which I've been doing *** near non-stop since receiving it). I can't wait to get this in the hands of the unsuspecting!

I've also listened to the narration audio files dozens of times. I consider myself quite the Twilight Zone aficionado, and I just can't fathom what parallel universe Bobby pulled these from. This is Rod Serling, yet I've never heard it before now. I love that it adds this additional layer of interest to the presentation. For the non-fans, the "effect" itself is more than enough. For Twilight Zone fans, this will be a whole 'nother level.

Now that I have the "workings" in my hand and can see exactly how to achieve the "moment", and now that I've let myself handle/experience the moment that a spectator would, I'm even more pleased with the purchase. In the vein of R1tual, Desire builds the potentially unsettling tension/moment as a slow burn, without a hokey "ta da!" magic moment that would allow those experiencing it to dismiss it as a possible "magic trick." Very much looking forward to unleashing this.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1560 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Thanks for the lil review, now I'm REALLY looking forward to hearing the recordings even more now !!
Was supposed to be delivered today but USPS decided to play Lets hide the package from me, so hopefully tomorrow....

As to where Bobby obtained these mysterious Rod Sterling unique recordings,....I believe Bobby sat in a dark room with a single black candle lit & his R1tual to contact Mr Sterling for his help in creating these recordings & perhaps even used a wishing coin of sorts.....🤔😉
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1262 Posts

Profile of reese
My Gods! I just watched the Orson
Welles narrated episode "the Still Snow" ( or something close to that) Brilliant. The Night Gallery.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1345 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
sigh... Ooookay... back to the topic. I received this today. For anyone still on the fence, if that’s possible, I strongly advise you to act now. This is far, far better than you have suspected!!! Wow. Bobby has created a miracle, full stop.

Seth
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1005 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Well, everyone who likes this should go down to "Tricks & Effects" and vote for it for Trick of the Year.

So far I'm the first one to do so.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
719 Posts

Profile of Winks
And I’m the second. Desire is pure genius.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lost Twilight Zone Episode (Bobby Hasbun's Latest) (164 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL