We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lost Twilight Zone Episode (Bobby Hasbun's Latest) (166 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
I love Bobby Hasbun's effects. I have all the others but I passed on this one. It just didn't connect with me. Probably my loss.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
254 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Layer by layer, until a final reveal that will devastate the spectator who decides to "make a wish."

The spectator will not see the ending coming, but when they do, whey will wish they had stayed home that night.

The script will be free to all, unless someone decides to print it in a book, like Kerfield (sp?) did with my "White Star" script. [/quote]

Sounds intense in a great way! Can’t wait to read this. [/quote]

Wow, sounds great Al and look forward to your creations!
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
918 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
I just got some aged toned paper to create my "original" TZ script. Will make some pencil notes, etc on it for credibility, uniqueness, put it into an aged 60s folder I have, protective document holder, then will treat it as special, not for general handling, Will make several copies on regular white paper to be handed around during discussion portion if the routine,
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1508 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Update.

I haven't forgotten the script.

Been working on it off and on, but all this politics (I'm a political junky) has kept me occupied.

I will get it to the forum asap.

And I have been getting a few requests for the opening and closing narration in MP3 format, I have them if anyone needs them.

Email newton@acrossthebow.com
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1265 Posts

Profile of reese
I also am addicted.The politics of this moment has me too transfixed. Though I give a small informal performance for a co-workers son tomorrow. His Mom said she works with a magician. ( Crazy Man's Handcuffs, Floating Bill, Coins thru Silk, Regal's Color Changing Knives, Clarence Miller's Finger Chopper) He's just stopping by the shop for a moment so I can't do a show.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
725 Posts

Profile of Winks
In these troubling times when I am witnessing events happening in my country which I never thought I would ever see, it's good to be able to share anyone's happiness. No apology needed.
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
113 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
'Desire' made it over the ocean and arrived here with me today. As anticipated, it's a remarkable package. The quality of its parts and presentation is immaculate, and the coin is absolutely beautiful.

There are a number of possible ways to approach it, and I'll probably be a little while mulling over exactly how I want to present it. In case I haven't made my view clear, this flexibility of approach is a good thing.

The actual effect is both simple and subtle and it belongs to that small but precious number which provide an experience of something strange and uncanny, which has a certain ambiguity to it, leaving the audience questioning their memories and whether the thing they know happened actually happened or not. Many effects offer a 'reveal', but offering an 'experience' is much rarer, and there is a world of difference between the two.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is magic!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1265 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, Winks wrote:
In these troubling times when I am witnessing events happening in my country which I never thought I would ever see, it's good to be able to share anyone's happiness. No apology needed.
What the little man loved the most was the Floating Bill.... I look forward to the day when I can safely perform Desire. My first try-out will be a special event in the shop. Of which Jazz Stories is the most popular. Maybe because free Jamison is served while at my magic or musical events in the store there is no alchohol. I performed Inferno at a Story Telling event. Then expanded it in a grand way ( Girl to Gorilla! among other smaller things ) renting out a small 300 seat underground theater. ( lost $ & don't care ) Some of the highlights of my life has been performing Bobby Hasbun's material. In my mind, he's a Rock Star. And ... that's not even my genre! Bless his continued creative creations.
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, ManxBull wrote:

The actual effect is both simple and subtle and it belongs to that small but precious number which provide an experience of something strange and uncanny, which has a certain ambiguity to it, leaving the audience questioning their memories and whether the thing they know happened actually happened or not. Many effects offer a 'reveal', but offering an 'experience' is much rarer, and there is a world of difference between the two.


Yes! ManxBull read my mind and put my thoughts into words.

This quote should go on the Dark Artifice website.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
786 Posts

Profile of roblane
Just received a package from Bobby in the UK. Very fast shipping , can’t wait to finish work and have a butchers!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3505 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2021, roblane wrote:
Just received a package from Bobby in the UK. Very fast shipping , can’t wait to finish work and have a butchers!


It is funny but some shipping from overseas comes faster than some in country shipping.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1265 Posts

Profile of reese
Covid interrupts shipping schedules. I know. It's a b!tech! ( have patience)
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
This effect is a wonderful example of how to take a simple magic trick - and turn it into something amazing.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
255 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, Al Desmond wrote:
Update.

I haven't forgotten the script.

Been working on it off and on, but all this politics (I'm a political junky) has kept me occupied.

I will get it to the forum asap.

And I have been getting a few requests for the opening and closing narration in MP3 format, I have them if anyone needs them.

Email newton@acrossthebow.com



Any update on this?
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1209 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I went to website and have no idea to this effect.

Read SIX pages of post and still have NO idea of the effect.

Some one, please, give a straight answer.

What is the effect/routine.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
725 Posts

Profile of Winks
Nope
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2021, Jerry wrote:
I went to website and have no idea to this effect.

Read SIX pages of post and still have NO idea of the effect.

Some one, please, give a straight answer.

What is the effect/routine.


Hi Jerry,

The effect is (publicly) vague for various reasons, but if you reach out to me privately (bobby@darkartifice.com) I’ll answer any questions you might have.

- Bobby
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
To be honest, you could purchase effects from Bobby with no knowledge of the effect and always be thrilled with what you get. That's not an exaggeration
saturnkk
View Profile
New user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
80 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Is there a description someplace on what happens?!? This sounds like it might be for me but I have no clue what the hook is yet... Thanks!
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On May 20, 2021, saturnkk wrote:
Is there a description someplace on what happens?!? This sounds like it might be for me but I have no clue what the hook is yet... Thanks!


The effect is (publicly) vague for various reasons, but if you reach out to me privately (bobby@darkartifice.com) I’ll gladly answer any questions you might have.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lost Twilight Zone Episode (Bobby Hasbun's Latest) (166 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL