The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lost Twilight Zone Episode (Bobby Hasbun's Latest) (189 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Desire arrived today. TL; DR - get it. If you have the means currently to do so - you will NOT regret this. You will, however, regret paying out the nose when this eventually sells out and possibly ever gets released to the second hand market.

Bobby Hasbun is one of those (very few) creators I have never had an issue with supporting sight unseen. Why is that - you may ask? Because Bobby belongs to the upper echelon of artists contributing to the bizarre magick community who leaves absolutely zero details to chance. Every routine he has released has felt bespoke for a certain need or want within the field.

With Desire - he has granted the lucky few who manage to get this the ability to craft a unique and utterly immersive experience.

Let us be clear...this is NOT a magic trick. To treat it as such would be doing it a great disservice. This is a play (of sorts) that requires so much more of the audience and performer than a mere effect. We will not have the center stage here. Monologuists need not apply for there are no long tales to tell. You and your audience enter a journey together - and the props dictate how you shall proceed. Everything lives in these props.

The cold touch of metal. The static hum of a lost recording. The smell of a vintage production script. A multi-sensory world in which to let your expedition party play in first hand and which will live with them far beyond Rod Serling's closing words. A sublime moment, in which reality and imagination blur, should our audiences be so lucky to "affect" a piece of history.

This gem lies in wait. There will be a curious energy emanating from it if displayed correctly - you have my word.

If you're already a fan of Bobby or TZ - I do not need to convince you of anything. You've most likely purchased or are planning to soon.

If you're on the fence - I hope my words have expressed how much inspiration and creativity this has sparked since first receiving this. And I hope it helps convince you that there is no question this should belong in your collection.

Bobby, I hope you have a fantastic holiday and a New Year. You have earned a well deserved rest.

Sorry for any grammatical errors in this post - its been a long time since I've posted here. I just couldn't keep quiet on this one.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2020, Jack Straw wrote:
Well, everyone who likes this should go down to "Tricks & Effects" and vote for it for Trick of the Year.

So far I'm the first one to do so.

I agree. Bobby has always created performing miracles. I've performed them. Sometimes not always in an informal situation but upon a stage
My dogs! How they can play! Some of the greatest theatrical effects and impact I've ever had.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
[quote]On Dec 23, 2020, Seth speaks wrote:
sigh... Ooookay... back to the topic. I received this today. For anyone still on the fence, if that’s possible, I strongly advise you to act now. This is far, far better than you have suspected!!! Wow. Bobby has created a miracle, full stop.

Seth [/quote. Just a casual remark like we might make over coffee or a spirit. Sorry. Wasn't aware that praising Rod Serling's work would cause offence on this thread.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Rod Serling, born on Christmas day, 1924.

He's been gone 45 years already, but the legend lives on.

Probably would have lived longer if he didn't smoke 3 packs a day.

Oh well.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Thank you for reminding me of his birth date. I truly appreciate that. Thanks Man. Even though I have Desire in my hands now... my plan was to open it on xmas day. Your reminder makes it all the more the right thing to do... You others: Sorry to derail the thread again!
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Knocked myself "off the fence" and just ordered as a gift to myself after a few Xmas budget tweaks!
Shared some thoughts with Bobby H to catch up as, before I moved from AZ to ID four years ago, I had been among some of a small group of "spooky"/mystery storytellers.
Can't wait to get the exceptional physical props, but will read the pdf asap, which Bobby generously forwarded. Always great service!
Just in time for the New Years TZ marathon....with great timing to follow up with performances after!
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, KOTAH wrote:
If reese is a proper noun. why is it spelled in all lower case letters?

Kotah
It refers
to Bert Reese. The Billet King. Becaus of my studies & practices on billet work. That's all. Thanks for asking. ):
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Desire is terrific! It's been either in my pocket or in my hand every since its arrival. It is just irresistible. I want to figure out how to put the sound bite on my phone. Then I'll be show ready at all times. Really happy with the included coin wallet as well.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2020, steven-gibson wrote:
Desire is terrific! It's been either in my pocket or in my hand every since its arrival. It is just irresistible. I want to figure out how to put the sound bite on my phone. Then I'll be show ready at all times. Really happy with the included coin wallet as well.

I already had the program as I used to create audio few years back for haunts, etc so I was able to convert them from wave to mp3 & put them on my phone. There are free extensions you can add to your browser or just use a free program online to convert the files for your phone.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
I took the plunge.

I asked Bobby to send me the performance manual before I got the thumb drive.

"Desire" is a brilliant idea.

And I loved the manual, it's not 64 pages long or anything like that. I understand some creators like to detail every thought they ever had about one of their effects, but I really enjoy a short, and to the point manual, that leaves some of the creativity to myself.

I hate to be told when I need to take my next "breath" in a routine. I understand theatre, and I am a firm believer in making something my own.

And I already have some ideas, which I will keep to myself for now, until I get all the material in the package, and have time to absorb all the props.

Folks who have known me for a while on the Café, knows that I have scripted usable ideas for a number of effects, which add to the reality of an effect, without adding unnecessary layers to a presentation.

I will share in good time.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Look forward to reading your thoughts after you get a chance to play, Al
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2020, illusioneer wrote:
Look forward to reading your thoughts after you get a chance to play, Al

Al, I always enjoy your well-crafted excellent scripts, so look forward to your ideas. I too got the pdf manual from Bobby and also already have an adapting idea after sharing thoughts with Bobby.
Smile
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2020, Al Desmond wrote:
I took the plunge.

I asked Bobby to send me the performance manual before I got the thumb drive.

"Desire" is a brilliant idea.

And I loved the manual, it's not 64 pages long or anything like that. I understand some creators like to detail every thought they ever had about one of their effects, but I really enjoy a short, and to the point manual, that leaves some of the creativity to myself.

I hate to be told when I need to take my next "breath" in a routine. I understand theatre, and I am a firm believer in making something my own.

And I already have some ideas, which I will keep to myself for now, until I get all the material in the package, and have time to absorb all the props.

Folks who have known me for a while on the Café, knows that I have scripted usable ideas for a number of effects, which add to the reality of an effect, without adding unnecessary layers to a presentation.

I will share in good time.

Perhaps everyone with idea could share them in a Crypt Thread when they come to fruition. I know I'd be interested in reading them.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Can I see this performed anywhere?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2020, Slim King wrote:
Can I see this performed anywhere?

Only in the Twilight Zone..
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yay Mine arrived today!

The fact it has bernard Herrmann style music from season 1 for the narration background makes it beyond perfect... I always preferred that versus the Marius version Smile

The item is a perfect fit and my hands are small....

Tip: for people my age, keep a nice bronze magnifying glass around for letting people inspect the items.

Just making a COA now -I'll go to the crypt soon to show handling not requiring the S-device.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Actually fired Bobby the moves so he can include them in an update with any other contributers
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
DocBenWiz

wow 4 years already!
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
97 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
I purchased this and should arrive shortly. Bobby’s guide was clear and seems like a powerful impression will be left! Looking forward to reading all and any ideas on how else to utilize as well.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
For me, the selling factor of this being authentic is not the COA nor the script, but the audio of Rod Serling's voice narrating it. Definitely would play the closing narration.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lost Twilight Zone Episode (Bobby Hasbun's Latest) (189 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL