The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The Essential Manipulation Style of Aubrey (James Crabe) on video (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1485 Posts

Profile of JNeal
James Crabe was a notable performer in California in the 1950's and 60's. His many appearances on "You Asked for It" and other shows made him well known on West Coast Television.
As his career as a cinematographer developed ( Karate Kid,China Syndrome, Rocky, etc!), his magic took a 'back seat'. Sometime around 1974, he started making his presence known once again in magic circles:' It's Magic" shows, "Like Vaudevillle' on TV and more.

For those of us who only saw him on TV, he was an inspiration.... with a pared down contemporary look (no more tail coats!) and simplified practical way of obtaining 'loads', he seemed to be taking a new way forward.
This appearance is circa 1976 and was one I saw in my formative years. I later saw a copy of it after moving to California in the Magic Castle Video Library... and haven't seen since in the past 40 years!
He was a big inspiration on me: Simple elegant, engaging.
Sadly, he passed away in 1989.

I've looked for videos of his act for many years to add to my archive, and yet one snuck past me sometime last year! It isn't a great copy, but clear enough that it merits your attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho8Jq5SztNE&t=229s
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2483 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thanks for posting this. I was inspired to do a manipulation act after seeing him on a magic special
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1082 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Such a pleasent personality, to watch.
I really enjoyed this.
Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The Essential Manipulation Style of Aubrey (James Crabe) on video (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL