The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Sort Quick vs. Eucerin -- getting traction when hands are dry (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi everybody,

I've been using Eucerin, a standard cream for dry hands. It seems to work pretty well if I use it *sparingly.* I've never tried products like SortQuick that are meant for people filing papers. Has anyone tried both and come to a conclusion about which works better?

Thanks,

Bob
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Hand creams work differently for everyone. I use “Working Hands” sparingly and it works fine for me. I find that once I have applied the “Working Hands” a touch up with “SortQuick” works extremely well for me.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, Motor City wrote:
Hand creams work differently for everyone. I use “Working Hands” sparingly and it works fine for me. I find that once I have applied the “Working Hands” a touch up with “SortQuick” works extremely well for me.

I agree.. I do the exact same thing.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, John and David.

Bob Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Https://www.deceptionary.com/abouthands.html
This article has been posted somewhere around 3.27 million times on this very subject. It is a very spot on piece to address the "hand lotion" question. The author, Doug Dyment, is also an active member on the Café'. He goes by "ddyment" and has a wealth of magic related articles on the site.

Me, I prefer "Chamberlain Golden Touch" (Improved my "One Handed Top Palm" by 110%. I love this stuff and have a full case of the big 16 oz bottles to refill my smaller 2 oz sprayers for every day carry and in my magic case) but as you will read, YMMV. https://www.chamberlainlotion.com/
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Poof-Daddy. Doug is great -- he's given me invaluable help several times that goes right to the point in a few words. Looks like I have some possibilities to experiment with.

Bob
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
320 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Can't speak to the Chamberlain's as I haven't tried it, but I love the O'Keefe's Working Hands as do many on the Café if you read through various threads on the subject. Many card workers highly recommend it!
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Glenn.

Bob
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
I use Chamberlain's Golden Touch, and it works great, but the smell is not the best. Sortkwik works good for deals. A bit rubbed between your forefinger and thumb does wonders. Martin Nash used to keep a bit behind his right hear so that he could load up whenever he needed to.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Tortuga, you're reminding me of something else I wanted to ask about: which of the products that people have mentioned are scent-free?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I like Cornhuskers lotion and then the quick sort to touch up.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Paul. Are the lotion and the quick sort scent-free (or nearly so)?

Thanks,

Bob
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Corn Huskers is a great lotion also, it does have a slight scent to me (and I am not very sensitive to smells). It is not unpleasant at all. Sortquick has no odor, Chamberlain's Golden Touch (Original) has a citrus smell that "I" do not find unpleasant but they do also have a newer formula (for several years now) that is Lavender and Vanilla scented, which is very pleasant. As for "O'Keeffe's Working Hands Cream", It is unscented and probably the very best moisturizing cream product on the market. I do use it daily (just in the am and before bed) as it makes "my hands" a bit too moist (slippery) when handling cards (and coins at that point are totally out of the question). I have also heard of people making their own lotion containing alcohol, glycerin and rose water (IIRC Glenn Morphew mentions this in his "One Handed Top Palm / Rub a Dub Vanish Suite") as well as boasting great success with the "O'Keeffe's. That was where I originally discovered the O'Keeffe's and saw how it fixed all my cracked and dry skin on my hands and fingers. I really wish it could have been "the answer" but since everyone is different, "the answer" will always vary. A lot to take in, but I do hope it helps. Experiment, find what works for "YOU" (and no one can tell you which will be the one, or two, that will work for you.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Just in case I'm not the only belgian here, O'Keeffe's working hands is sold in a very popular drugstore called Kruidvat.
Cost: 10 euros, around 12 bucks, I wonder how much you pay for it, on the other side of the big pond....
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2020, gillesA4 wrote:
Just in case I'm not the only belgian here, O'Keeffe's working hands is sold in a very popular drugstore called Kruidvat.
Cost: 10 euros, around 12 bucks, I wonder how much you pay for it, on the other side of the big pond....

$5.69 at Walgreen's for a 2.7 oz. tub.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Thanks for the info! I would pay more for shipping anyway! And it does the job pretty well, so....
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks for the thorough answer, Poof-Daddy. Experiments lie before me... Smile

Bob
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2020, gillesA4 wrote:

Just under $10 USD at my local Walmart for the “Value Size” 5.4 oz tub. We also have a chain of stores called “Rural King” (a farm and fleet type store) that often has gift packs (as I would guess other stores also carry) that usually have the smaller 3.4 oz tub packaged with another product like their Lip Balm, a 3 oz tube (like a big toothpaste tube) with a “creamier” lotion, a 3oz tube of “night treatment lotion” or a 3.4 oz “foot repair tub” ironically with the exact same ingredients as the “Working Hands” cream. They are usually inexpensive.

I do like the lip balm (orange chapstick type container). However, the “tube stuff” doesn’t “seem” as good as the tubed product to me although my wife likes the tube better. I have never tried the foot repair since the other is the same. This company really performs well when it comes to moisturizing (hands, lips and feet) yet is way less costly than many “big name” and expensive moisturizer creams.

Smile Smile
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I feel the need to strongly emphasize what Poof-Daddy and I have previously said: before worrying about getting the lowest price for a particular product, you first need to find out which product works best for you. Skin chemistries differ profoundly, and what is ideal for one is not at all likely to be so for someone else.

P-D likes Working Hands Creme, whereas I much prefer Corn Huskers Lotion, exactly as expected. So first find the one that works best for you, then worry about acquiring it as inexpensively as possible.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Definitely agree with Mr Dyment, even if Working Hands creme works better for me than Corn Husker lotion - easier to apply, no need to let it dry ;o)
Just checked, we pay 12 bucks for the 3 oz tub, *sigh*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Sort Quick vs. Eucerin -- getting traction when hands are dry (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL