The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Zingone Table Shift (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well, almost Cag; all you need to do now is go and see the Wizard of Oz and ask him for some courage.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Thanks tommy. As usual, your advice is invaluable. Smile
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@tommy, send me you email address. I will send you a copy of The Royal Road to Card Magic by Hugard and Braue to complete your post graduate card man education.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thank you kindly. Well, that is a change; normally you are trying to sell, not give away, your magic collection at the Gambling Spot to raise yourself some bingo money. Have you won the lottery?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3516 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Tommy:

Classic Pass/Hermann Pass Which one should be rightfully called a "shift?" Erdnase used the term "shift" for a number moves that were both top to bottom and bottom to top.

My understanding is that the term "Pass" is a magician's term dating way back. "Shift" was more of a gambler's term at the time. "Hop" is just a more recent term, I suspect, though in my mind a Hop was always a move made on the table.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
I would call them both passes until somebody comes along and does them backwards and calls them somebodies shifts. Smile

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
What would you call them if they were done with the deck face up?

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, Pop Haydn wrote:

My understanding is that the term "Pass" is a magician's term dating way back. "Shift" was more of a gambler's term at the time. "Hop" is just a more recent term, I suspect, though in my mind a Hop was always a move made on the table.

I would tend to agree with that statement except a move like the Elevator Hop occurs on the move of the cards from the table to the hands.

Most hustlers would laugh at these distinctions. Basically, a hop is to Hop the Cut and can also be done in the hands. Pros rarely use a move like this, but there are occasions and distractions that can make the move quite deceptive.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
Perhaps but what I want to know is, have you or have you not yet looked into the Ed Malo’s Easy Pass to see if it is or not the Zingone Table Shift, done backwards?

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, tommy wrote:
Perhaps but what I want to know is, have you or have you not yet looked into the Ed Malo’s Easy Pass to see if it is or not the Zingone Table Shift, done backwards?

No and don't intend to. Now if it was upside down and backwards, then I might get interested.
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Have been looking for a hop that can be executed on a glass poker table with the other players laying underneath it looking up for a while now. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3516 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
You should find slower company.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Evidently, the meaning of the pass has shifted.

Or has the shift now passed?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
Can the mechanics of all moves be done backwards? i.e., the mechanics used to palm a card can also be used to put it back, it seems to me.

There is an amusing routine that I do that is based on that principle sort of;

One offers to show the company how a card is palmed and fitting the action to the words one palms a card and shows it. The real trick, you say, is to make the palmed card invisible and to do this one must do the magic move, which is to twitch the elbow, watch! This magic move, of course, is misdirection and as you do it you replace the card and show it has become invisible. One can repeat it over again a number of times to make the card invisible and visible.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Zingone Table Shift (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL