The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ APPS-alutely Ľ Ľ TimeSmith by Benke Smith (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
A new update is coming for TimeSmith that will have a feature or two that only work with Andrasís watch. Thatís because Andrasís watch has built-in features that other watches donít have. Time (pun intended) to forget about the Nobody Knows boys.

Mark
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4914 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Mark I just wished it had a second hand particularly now they have cracked how to freeze it . Thatís the only thing to me that makes it look unconventional . I know some watches donít have second hands but they are far less suspicious looking and donít look Hybrid at all if they do have one imo
Gaz 😊
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
A new update is coming for TimeSmith that will have a feature or two that only work with Andrasís watch. Thatís because Andrasís watch has built-in features that other watches donít have. Time (pun intended) to forget about the Nobody Knows boys.

Mark


They could add that if they wanted. They probably won't though. Not sure what their future business plan is.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2021, cardistry master wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
A new update is coming for TimeSmith that will have a feature or two that only work with Andrasís watch. Thatís because Andrasís watch has built-in features that other watches donít have. Time (pun intended) to forget about the Nobody Knows boys.

Mark


They could add that if they wanted. They probably won't though. Not sure what their future business plan is.


Not sure which ďtheyĒ you are referring to, but I was talking about TimeSmith features that rely on electronic features in the Andras watch. The Turner watch doesnít have the necessary electronics built in (at least, not that they advertise).

Mark
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2021, cardistry master wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
A new update is coming for TimeSmith that will have a feature or two that only work with Andrasís watch. Thatís because Andrasís watch has built-in features that other watches donít have. Time (pun intended) to forget about the Nobody Knows boys.

Mark


They could add that if they wanted. They probably won't though. Not sure what their future business plan is.


Not sure which ďtheyĒ you are referring to, but I was talking about TimeSmith features that rely on electronic features in the Andras watch. The Turner watch doesnít have the necessary electronics built in (at least, not that they advertise).

Mark


I'm pretty sure with a firmware update the turner watch could do the same thing. I doubt they would though. They don't really have any interest in improving their product.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Does the Turner watch have a built-in accelerometer? I suspect not. Firmware alone can't add one either.

Mark
stevefaulkner
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of stevefaulkner
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2021, BenkeSmith wrote:
Brilliant review, thank you Steve!!!! Smile


You're most welcome Benke
Review Channel - Real Magic Review
https://youtube.com/realmagicreview

www.cardmagiccourse.com

IBM UK Close-up champion 2013
Award Winner at The Magic Circle Close-up Magician of the Year 2010
National Street Performing Champion 2009
British Street Performing Champion 2005
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The new firmware update from Andras speeds up the movement of the hands (on the Andras watch) when the ďmagicĒ happens. The hands can also move in both directions (like other hybrid watches). Andras shared a video demo, the hands are very quick!

The firmware update will be installed by the magician. There wonít be a need to send the watch back to Andras. Andras expects to release the firmware update in April (no specific target date has yet been given).

Iím very pleased to own a watch and app from creators that truly care about their customers and offer top-notch support of their products.

Mark
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4914 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Mark I am presuming all new watches bought say from May onwards will be preloaded with this firmware update ? Best wishes Gaz 😊
Ps I am only holding off this because I believe a new remote input is on the verge of release and thatís the input method I want the most . However I want the best and this new remote is supposed to be a game changer 😊
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Andras posted in the Facebook group that his stock of watches is getting on the low side. He plans to order additional stock in April. Once the new firmware has been released, I assume that Andras will preload the new firmware on any watch (regardless of when it was made) before he ships it.

I anxiously await Andras's pocket watch version. I will order it the moment it is available. I will keep the wristwatch too.

Mark
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4914 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Mark I too would buy the pocket watch over the wrist watch at a heart beat . Any idea on the possible progression of a release date on that ? Best wishes
Gaz 😊
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I havenít read any updated info on pocket watch availability.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Benke has just updated the app and there's also the new firmware for the watch (Andras's watch). The firmware is being rolled out (slowly, just to make sure there are no problems). I was able to update the firmware on my watch this morning and it is lightning fast now. I wasn't unhappy with the speed of the watch before but now it is really cooking. And still extremely accurate too!

See the TimeSmith Facebook group for details!

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The latest version of TimeSmith has now been released to all TimeSmith customers. After installing TimeSmith version 1.3.27, owners of Andras's brand of watch can then install the latest firmware on their watch.

The new watch firmware not only has the fast mode mentioned above, but Benke has also added a TURBO mode. That's three different speeds for the watch hands.... normal, fast and TURBO. Smile

See the TimeSmith Facebook group for details and links to installation guides.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
FYI, the TURBO mode is kind of experimental. It's CRAZY fast but may not be as accurate. But, not to worry, the new FAST mode is PLENTY fast enough. Plus you can also choose whether the hands move in only one direction, or go in both directions. So, FAST combined with both directions is the bomb!

Benke & Andras continue to deliver some of the best product support in the magic business!

Mark
MentalPhilo
View Profile
New user
Texas
23 Posts

Profile of MentalPhilo
Any news on the pocket watch?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2021, MentalPhilo wrote:
Any news on the pocket watch?


Andras posted 4 days ago that there is a bit of a delay in the making of the pocket watch prototype. The factory got something wrong and they have to redo it.

Mark
007lookalike
View Profile
New user
UK
16 Posts

Profile of 007lookalike
I managed to 'transplant' a Fossil Q Hybrid watch mechanism into a
vintage looking pocket watch case. It works very well so I think I'll make some more!
https://youtu.be/-SghJxtQcM0
Nobody's Inflammable!
MentalPhilo
View Profile
New user
Texas
23 Posts

Profile of MentalPhilo
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2021, 007lookalike wrote:
I managed to 'transplant' a Fossil Q Hybrid watch mechanism into a
vintage looking pocket watch case. It works very well so I think I'll make some more!
https://youtu.be/-SghJxtQcM0


This looks very nice! I believe the Fossil Q Hybridís have their logo on the face. Is this present, or were you able to remove it during the procedure?
notasperfectasyou
View Profile
New user
DC Metro Area
51 Posts

Profile of notasperfectasyou
I'm definitely interested in buying the TimeSmith app and running it with a Fossil watch. Can anyone tell me:

1) Will the Fossil watches have all the same capabilities as the SB watches when integrated with the TimeSmith app?
2) Will any Fossil Hybrid watch work with the app, or is there a list of the ones that work with the app?
3) I would like to control the watch with my voice and an iPhone. Can anyone comment on the environmental characteristics (surrounding noise) and placement of the iPhone that may be needed to make this consistently workable?

I'm interested in wearing the Fossil watch everyday, and maybe changing it up from time to time. I would want this to be an impromptu "miracle" I could perform on the spot for folks wherever I might be. Thanks for any thoughts you can share. Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ APPS-alutely Ľ Ľ TimeSmith by Benke Smith (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL