The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Versa Remote (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Yeah. I don’t like how you have to do swipes with that one. For me I would rather be able to do simple button presses.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I respect the desire to have a true 10 button remote. But using a 4 button remote is pretty darn simple. In fact, it's second nature for me now.

And, for the record, the Wilson Remote can be both a swipes remote and a true Bluetooth keyboard remote. I use mine in Bluetooth keyboard mode. To the phone, the Wilson remote is a Bluetooth keyboard with just 4 keys... the 4 arrow keys. So, any app that is written to support the 4 arrow keys on a Bluetooth keyboard will also work with the Wilson 4-button remote and other Bluetooth keyboard remotes like it.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Fair enough. This one also supports swipes directly connected to the watch amd a keypad. That is a feature not in other remotes. Also for TAP it doesn’t use swipes so you need ten buttons.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Isn’t Matthew Wilson releasing a 10 key remote very soon anyway?
Both Matthew and Benjamin make great products and have fantastic customer service and support. I think choosing a remote between those 2 is simply a matter of personal preference.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Yeah he is. But the layout in the versa is much better. It is in a way that it is also possible to do swipes. There are four in the pattern. Ben’s also will not have direct connection to the watch unless something has changed.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think you mean Matthew's won’t have direct connection to watch, right?
That gives Benjamin's the edge IMO. Direct connection is a big plus to me.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Yeah. He said it’s a possibility in the future but it won’t be in the original version. You can see what he said in the group. But direct connection is a big plus. The versa you can also easily change the vibration level and change what letter or number each button does. It also has an app that they are working on that I am very excited for.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Direct connection is a clever way to use Tamariz "the magic way" approach with different cancelling methods, should you need to repeat an effect like this.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
w00master
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of w00master
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
I respect the desire to have a true 10 button remote. But using a 4 button remote is pretty darn simple. In fact, it's second nature for me now.

And, for the record, the Wilson Remote can be both a swipes remote and a true Bluetooth keyboard remote. I use mine in Bluetooth keyboard mode. To the phone, the Wilson remote is a Bluetooth keyboard with just 4 keys... the 4 arrow keys. So, any app that is written to support the 4 arrow keys on a Bluetooth keyboard will also work with the Wilson 4-button remote and other Bluetooth keyboard remotes like it.

Mark

Apologies for coming late to the party, but I've been trying to find info on the "Wilson Remote," but nothing appears in my searches. Is this still available and where can I purchase this? Thanks!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2022, w00master wrote:

Apologies for coming late to the party, but I've been trying to find info on the "Wilson Remote," but nothing appears in my searches. Is this still available and where can I purchase this? Thanks!

Join the Wilson Magic group on Facebook.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
w00master
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of w00master
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2022, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2022, w00master wrote:

Join the Wilson Magic group on Facebook.

Mark

Thanks for the tip!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Versa Remote (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL