The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
80 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
Greetings all - long time lurker here, excited to join officially now. Been learning magic a few years now and getting more serious about it. Looking forward to interacting with this community.
JonHackl
View Profile
New user
Western Australia
95 Posts

Profile of JonHackl
Hi! I'm also new. Cool username you've got. What's your favourite stuff in magic?
"Magic is the only kind of entertainment where 90% of the audience is trying to ruin it for themselves." - Pete Holmes
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
80 Posts

Welcome to you as well! I really enjoy magic that has strong story telling in it and has something to say. Also always impressed with sleights and the skill required. How about you?
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida
875 Posts

Profile of Russo
All Magic Friends <> New and Old <> - H A P P Y N E W Y E A R - To get to know you all better - how about putting a little more in your "profile"" Maybe we're neighbors - or- lived where you are, or been there ???????????? Ralph ROUSSEAU (russo)
JonHackl
View Profile
New user
Western Australia
95 Posts

Profile of JonHackl
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2020, PhantomStranger wrote:
Welcome to you as well! I really enjoy magic that has strong story telling in it and has something to say. Also always impressed with sleights and the skill required. How about you?

I like learning about all of it, but I enjoy cards the most. I like a deep and fooling method, but a light and playful style.

I've been thinking a lot about style lately. Is there a favourite video you could point me to that shows the kind of storytelling you like in magic?
"Magic is the only kind of entertainment where 90% of the audience is trying to ruin it for themselves." - Pete Holmes
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
80 Posts

There’s a good thread on it over in the cellar I’ll throw a link to. It’s not so much the fortune telling aspect I enjoy but the story for me.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=14
JonHackl
View Profile
New user
Western Australia
95 Posts

Profile of JonHackl
I genuinely laughed at the end of that. The guy's whole schtick was way too heavy for me, and the performance too, but then that tension release at the end was perfect. In an instant you realise it was meant to be way over-the-top, to set up for that conclusion. Great video.

I wonder your thoughts on this video, which was discussed in another thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk7PSh4p......=52Kards

I've been thinking that your style and mine are nearly opposite, but maybe not really. There's a sense in which something like what's in this video is storytelling: being able to read when someone's lying; but the whole thing is performed in a light and playful way. I'm going to re-think some of my presentations and see if I can flesh them out a little more!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL