The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tommy Tucker Pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of Daren
Does anyone use this pass? It is briefly described on prime time Carey dvd under the Mysterious Ambition effect, it does look very deceptive I must admit but wondered if anyone uses it currently and whether it is workable
Tortuga
View Profile
Special user
Ballwin, MO
707 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2021, Daren wrote:
Does anyone use this pass? It is briefly described on prime time Carey dvd under the Mysterious Ambition effect, it does look very deceptive I must admit but wondered if anyone uses it currently and whether it is workable

Are you talking about the action of performing a pass while making it appear as though you simply lifted up half the deck? If so, then yes, and yes.
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1056 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
I don’t know the Tucker pass but it seems quite similar to the false cut pass.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1588 Posts

Profile of Claudio
It's the Bluff Pass. The 'sleight' is mainly choreography as you've got to watch your angles. And yes, it's very deceptive.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of Daren
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, Claudio wrote:
It's the Bluff Pass. The 'sleight' is mainly choreography as you've got to watch your angles. And yes, it's very deceptive.

The Tommy Tucker pass I think isn’t the bluff pass, I understand the bluff pass is one card lifted as the selection is replaced, Tommy Tucker is card is truly placed into middle and then in the action of showing random cards above the card is passed to the top
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1999 Posts

Profile of puggo
I've used it now and then - very casual and deceptive but (IMHO) is best used scarcely as otherwise it may attract undue attention. From memory, I thought that Gregory Wilson has something simillar (backstage or flip flop?), but can't check at the moment as I'm lacking a DVD player.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1588 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, Daren wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, Claudio wrote:

The Tommy Tucker pass I think isn’t the bluff pass, I understand the bluff pass is one card lifted as the selection is replaced, Tommy Tucker is card is truly placed into middle and then in the action of showing random cards above the card is passed to the top

It's possible that Tucker has more than one handling or a different Pass named after him, but from Conjuring archive and Magicpedia, The Bluff Pass is also Tomy Tucker's: https://www.conjuringcredits.com/doku.ph......uff_pass

From what you're describing though, it seems to be a different Pass.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
804 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
In Giobbi’s Secret Agenda, the footnote for this pass is below:

“The inspirational source is a sleight Victor Farelli titled ‘The Horace Goldin Pass’. You can find it in Hugard’s Magic Monthly, Volume XII, Number 12, May 1955, P. 285. There Farelli relates how Goldin fooled him again and again...Farelli further relates that the sleight was not original with Goldin, but had been described under the title ‘Slicker Sleight’ in the May 1930 issue of The Sphinx (Vol. XXIX, No. 3, p. 126) by Charles A. Leedy. I wouldn’t be surprised, as so often happens, if an even earlier reference eventually turns up.”

It is definitely effective as long as the gesture of the action is motivated.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1588 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Right, we're talking about variations of the Cut Pass. Very deceptive, yet easy.

For more credit info: https://www.conjuringcredits.com/doku.ph......din_pass
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of Daren
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2021, Claudio wrote:
Right, we're talking about variations of the Cut Pass. Very deceptive, yet easy.

For more credit info: https://www.conjuringcredits.com/doku.ph......din_pass

Yes that’s it I believe
PressureFan
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of PressureFan
If this is the one I'm thinking of, James Swain had handlings called the "Dummy Force" and "Dummy Pass". I also saw Dingle use it on one of the old tapes. I've seen somewhere that Tommy Tucker's addition was to drop off several packets before completing the cut. "It could be this card, or this one, or this..."
rosstrainer08
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of rosstrainer08
It’s brilliant. If I remember correctly Michael Vincent uses the TT pass or ‘shift’ in his handling of OOSOOM in his penguin live act. Check it out!
ianchandler
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of ianchandler
It's an excellent pass. Andrew Frost also has great touches on it; he even has a cover pass version that's surprisingly easy.
PressureFan
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of PressureFan
Rosstrainer08, thanks! That's where I know it from. It's dead easy and deceptive.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of Daren
Is Andrew's handling published anywhere at all please? This is by far the easiest pass I have seen
ianchandler
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of ianchandler
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2021, Daren wrote:
Is Andrew's handling published anywhere at all please? This is by far the easiest pass I have seen

It's in his Lecture at Flat No. 9. Well worth the price. It's one of the few recorded lectures I've watched where it feels like you're actually there.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of Daren
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2021, ianchandler wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2021, Daren wrote:

It's in his Lecture at Flat No. 9. Well worth the price. It's one of the few recorded lectures I've watched where it feels like you're actually there.

Thanks so much!
MARKC
View Profile
New user
UK
70 Posts

Profile of MARKC
I have Tommy Tucker on an old video tape doing this move , but please don't ask to see it , I no longer have a video recorder to play it on
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tommy Tucker Pass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL