The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best Torn And Restored Trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

superweird7
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of superweird7
Hi guys
I'm looking for the best Best Torn And Restored Magic Trick that is Easy and visual and can be done surrounded
thanks
Haruspex
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Haruspex
Try the old torn and restored sugar packet trick.
An other one which could be done surrounded is Gypsy Thread.
michaelpenkul
View Profile
New user
Toronto Canada
44 Posts

Profile of michaelpenkul
Give us some details - are you looking to do a torn and restored with a playing card? Newspaper? Thread? Corner of a bill? Photograph? There are many different types of t&r's and many effects within those; if you can narrow it down a bit I can suggest some effects within that.
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
80 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
The Aberdeen thread by James Dickson has very good reviews for simplicity and how good it looks.
TomB
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of TomB
Axel h newspaper torn and restore is pretty good. He has a surrounded version as well
TomB
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of TomB
Lonnie chevrie has a great gypsy thread using floss
Rodeo
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
54 Posts

Profile of Rodeo
I am a huge fan of Torched and Destroyed by Brent Braun. It is a $10 download, takes minimal setup, and all the moves have a reason behind them. While the angles on it aren't too bad, you can't do it entirely surrounded if that is specifically what you are looking for.
iFeatherly
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of iFeatherly
I’m a fan of Wayne Houchin’s “Counterfeit”. Done with a playing card.
davfreeman
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of davfreeman
I am also a fan of Axels newsflash. The restore on it looks so natural. It really looks like you are just opening a newspaper.
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Since we just lost Mark Wilson, I'm going to recommend his sucker torn and restored napkin. It's in his Complete Course of Magic.
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
michaelpenkul
View Profile
New user
Toronto Canada
44 Posts

Profile of michaelpenkul
Great resource overall ^

As a kid I basically lived in the magic section of the library, and Mark Wilson's Course in Magic book was the first one I grabbed; it ended up being pivotal in jump-starting my magic career. Great book for beginners, like mentioned above the torn and restored napkin is a great party trick, and you can find the book for free in the library (along with many great others) or online for super cheap.

RIP Mark Wilson
gossamer
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of gossamer
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, Rodeo wrote:
I am a huge fan of Torched and Destroyed by Brent Braun. It is a $10 download, takes minimal setup, and all the moves have a reason behind them. While the angles on it aren't too bad, you can't do it entirely surrounded if that is specifically what you are looking for.

I came here to recommend exactly this. (Though it's called Torched and Restored) I love this TnR.
Rodeo
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
54 Posts

Profile of Rodeo
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2021, gossamer wrote:

I came here to recommend exactly this. (Though it's called Torched and Restored) I love this TnR.

Oof. Must have been half asleep that day! Wouldn't be very magical if you lit it on fire and destroyed it, but didn't restore it! Thanks for the correction.
DerekG
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DerekG
There's a trick in Magic: The Complete Course by Joshua Jay that kind of combines a Torn and Restored with a classic spongeball routine. It uses a napkin with a drawing of a hand on one half and an eye on the other. It's a very unique version of both that I really like and plays very well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best Torn And Restored Trick (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL