The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Erudite Magic: Books vs. Periodicals (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1049 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Do you love magic books or magazines❓🤔Join me today to discuss the merits and drawbacks of each as I overview the magic periodicals world...there are so many out there, and I want to hear which ones you like❗📚

https://youtu.be/zoBSByccYH4
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6747 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I prefer books overall, but some of my favourite books are volumes of bound periodicals. Apocalypse, Richards Almanac, Magic Menu, Magical Arts Journal, Epilogue, Chronicles, Hugards Magic Monthly, Stanyons Magic, Ibidem, the Phoenix, the Jinx, Heirophant, Kabbala, Pabular etc.
I have all these periodicals in Hardbound form on my shelf and they are wonderful to keep going back to.
Nomad Skateboarding
View Profile
New user
Nomading
36 Posts

Profile of Nomad Skateboarding
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2021, magicfish wrote:
I prefer books overall, but some of my favourite books are volumes of bound periodicals. Apocalypse, Richards Almanac, Magic Menu, Magical Arts Journal, Epilogue, Chronicles, Hugards Magic Monthly, Stanyons Magic, Ibidem, the Phoenix, the Jinx, Heirophant, Kabbala, Pabular etc.
I have all these periodicals in Hardbound form on my shelf and they are wonderful to keep going back to.

Your list has me wishing I still had my books Smile I agree that these bound ones are some of my favorite. Trying to figure out what exactly the illustrations were illustrating was half the fun to me!

I like magazines because they feel 'fresh' and new (I miss you Antinomy Smile). I like books for going in depth. My favorite magic periodical though would have to be the self-published booklet, before the age of the internet when you'd get things mailed to you Smile
The best we can is all we can ever do Smile

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6747 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Thanks for responding. J.k. never has for some reason, but his reasons are his. I'm happy to talk books and periodicals anytime.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I like books because people who go into my room believe I'm smart (Or that I can read) which is usually better than what they think after I start speaking.

Periodicals don't stand up as well, literally. A poorly managed book case with magazines lying sideways and/or bowing is less of a statement. I suppose I could invest in bookends.

Outside of that, I don't really care as long as they're interesting.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Erudite Magic: Books vs. Periodicals (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL