The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Official Magic Café Book of the Year 2020 (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
paulmartinmagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of paulmartinmagic
Perform by Tim Hannig
This is a brilliant book that should be essential reading for all. Best book I’ve read in over 5 years. Get a copy you won’t regret it.
jkr
View Profile
Regular user
Mn
147 Posts

Profile of jkr
Gambling Sleight of Hand by Steve Forte
The Boy who Cried Magic by Andi Gladwin
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
As an author of one of the pubblications in question I don't feel it is my place to vote, but I should point out that my book Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out before its official release date in July, and is now in its third printing.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Rubinstein Coin Magic (I'm voting for this regardless of Michael's post.)

Just out of curiosity, Perform by Tim Hannig is not offered by any of the major magic retailers (Vanishing Inc., Penguin, Hocus Pocus, etc.), yet a large number of people are voting for it. How did it come about that so many people even know about it, never mind bought and read it?
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
Perform: All the Stuff to Think About by Tim Hannig
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
1. Perform by Tim Hannig
2. Secret Agenda by Robert Giobbi
3. The Boy Who Cried Magic by Andi Gladwin
-Dorian LaChance
Norden
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC
56 Posts

Profile of Norden
1 - Perform by Tim Hannig
2 - The Boy Who Cried Mafic - Andi Gladwin
3 - The Magic House - Dave Atwood
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
One nice thing about the award threads is that it encourages people to post who haven't in a long time, sometimes a decade! Welcome back! Hope you all will join in on other threads.
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
237 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
Ray,

I learned about Perform here on the Magic Café:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=110

Jake
S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Jake, thank you. Finally, somebody answered my question.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Perform by Tim Hannig.

Tim Paid me to say this.

(Kidding....or am I ???) Smile

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Reminder that the voting closes out at midnight tonight so the winner can be announced tomorrow - looking forward to it!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
I've just seen this, and I want to say a huge thanks to Michael Murray for voting for my book 10 Types. Coming from one of the best creators in mentalism, that is a real compliment and I'm delighted to be listed alongside some of my favourite authors, whose work I really admire. Thanks Michael!
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
And if I'm not too late, my vote goes to the Trojan Horse Project. Each of the approaches in that book are different, but in their own way they each excel and together the authors complement each other perfectly. Well done to those involved! This one was a joy to read.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
1. Perform by Tim Hannig
2. Harpacrown Too by Mark Chandaue
3. Parlour Tricks by Morgan and West
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Perform by Tim Hannig.
BradBrown
View Profile
Regular user
Florence, KY, USA
183 Posts

Profile of BradBrown
Perform by Tim Hannig

I believe it's the only 2020 magic book I read, but it is a good one.
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Christian & Katalina
Perform by Tim Hannig

There are a multitude of books about tricks. However, every now and then a book comes along that examines the bigger picture..and that is how to do those tricks well. If you are a person who is thinking about performing for compensation or you're an aspiring professional magician, then this book is a must read. This is a thick tome of over 400 pages. It covers so many important elements of performing and business that you will need to take notes and refer back to it many times over the years. If I was teaching young people how to become a professional, this book would be an important part of that course.

Initially, I had passed by this book. Tim is a professional family entertainer and I thought the book was about how to perform in the family/school market. Well, it does cover that subject, but it goes way beyond that. In fact, it was recommended to me by so many of my professional friends that they forced me to get it. I was extremely impressed by the sheer amount of information and concepts that Tim Covers in this book. He also makes it fun to read. Stories, pictures, QR codes, all make this just as much fun as it is educational.

Bottom line...you have enough trick books..get this book and learn how to be a better performer..and how to market better, and how to run your business better.
Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism 2011
The Annemann Award for Menatalism 2016
Author of "Protoplasm" Close-up Mentalism
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Thanks to everyone who took time to vote! The Tarbell Award (aka Magic Café Book of the Year) is a prestigious people’s choice, determined by you, the members of the Magic Café. Here are your results for the 2020 award:

In 3rd place, we have a 2-way tie: The Trojan Horse Project and Parlour Tricks - each receiving 9 votes

In the silver position, you chose Rubinstein Coin Magic with an exceptional 15 votes. Bravo for one of the most significant coin books in decades! 👏.

Finally, the grand prize winner and official Magic Café Book of the Year goes to the incomparable Tim Hannig for Perform: All the Stuff to Think About with a dominating 29 votes!😱 What a great book, and a well-deserved win!!

Congrats to all of our authors, publishers, and readers who helped to make 2020 bearable with so many excellent magic publications! Thanks for participating in The Tarbell awards this year, and as always, KEEP READING!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Winning this award means a lot to a self-published author like myself.

Thanks to all who bought, read and voted!

I especially appreciate the comments many of you left as you voted -- I read every one of them.

Woo-hoo!!

Now let's get out there and PERFORM!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Official Magic Café Book of the Year 2020 (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL