The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Thank you for this community! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wolfsbora
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Wolfsbora
HI all, I'm Nate but you can call me Wolfy. I started in magic 12 years ago when I moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and had no friends. I went to lunch with my girlfriend at the time and right down the street in the notorious section of Pittsburgh called the Southside was a magic shop called The Cuckoo's Nest, the only one in town. We walked in and I was instantly addicted. Between the routines the sales associates would show me and their immense friendliness, I found a new hobby and even a couple of friends. Sadly, I was injured at work and for the next 7 years had no use of my right hand/arm.

After working through pain and changing my mindset, I found myself actively fighting the never ending atrophy that I'll always battle. I now have use of my right hand and arm even though there are still limitations. Before all of this, I never got further than the beginner level. I enjoyed collecting packet tricks and Sankey DVDs with gimmicks. I'm now taking it a lot more serious. I took all of my gift cards from the holiday and spent them on magic books; Card College Vol. 1, Encyclopedia of Mentalism & Mentalists/13 Steps to Mentalism, Principia by Harapan Ong and my recent purchase from a Penguin Open Box Auction of The Aretalogy of Vanni Bossi. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the funnest of gimmicks as I just picked up (through another Penguin Open Box Auction) Mental Die by Murphy's Magic. I didn't enjoy the packed in tricks so I made my own using 1/3 of the cards in each of 2 decks. Regardless, I'm having fun again. I'm learning more now than ever and I'm much more active in the magic community.

Thank you for having me!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3452 Posts

Profile of Julie
Welcome Wolfsbora! You are going to have so much FUN.

Julie
Wolfsbora
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Wolfsbora
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2021, Julie wrote:
Welcome Wolfsbora! You are going to have so much FUN.

Julie

Thank you, Julie! I forgot to mention in my post that I've been a Magic Café lurker for a very long time. My basis for tricks, books and gimmick purchases are usually based on the conversations in this forum!
JonHackl
View Profile
New user
Western Australia
95 Posts

Profile of JonHackl
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2021, Wolfsbora wrote:
I forgot to mention in my post that I've been a Magic Café lurker for a very long time. My basis for tricks, books and gimmick purchases are usually based on the conversations in this forum!

Welcome! I did the same. I lurked for nearly a year and a lot of building up a repertoire was based on reading the folks here discussing things.
"Magic is the only kind of entertainment where 90% of the audience is trying to ruin it for themselves." - Pete Holmes
Wolfsbora
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Wolfsbora
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2021, JonHackl wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2021, Wolfsbora wrote:
I forgot to mention in my post that I've been a Magic Café lurker for a very long time. My basis for tricks, books and gimmick purchases are usually based on the conversations in this forum!

Welcome! I did the same. I lurked for nearly a year and a lot of building up a repertoire was based on reading the folks here discussing things.

It's fun to lurk and learn!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Thank you for this community! (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL