The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Absinthe . . . (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16120 Posts

Profile of tommy
Pastis was mentioned in “The Queen's Gambit on Netflix” the other day. I tried it once, once upon a time, a long, long time ago, so long ago that nobody can remember how long ago it was. You know, when bars were open and our head barman was a Frenchman; it tastes like liquorice.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2161 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
You know what Tommy? I remember a time when people could smoke in a bar, then laws changed... no more smoking in them... now, we can't drink in them either.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
806 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, imgic wrote:
We've neighbors who are huge absinthe fans. They have a 4 spigot fountain, the spoons for sugar, the specialty glasses, and a wide variety of brands.

I've tried it several times, yet I still cannot paint like Van Gogh...

Nice! I only break out the fountain when company is over. It's too much of a hassle just for myself. Usually, I just slowly drip/drizzle from a carafe.

As far as the painting goes, no worries...your art takes on a different medium.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16120 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well, it may be a hassle but presentation is what can make some things special. Speaking of smoking and ceremony, I once ordered a cigar at a little French restaurant Callas and the ceremony that the waiter performed lighting the cigar was something to behold; it involved him swinging it around head among other things. The French do not just have good food, drink and cigars but they also have style. It is like our magic; one needs both a great presentation and a great trick. So I think magicians ought to magic this sort of thing a habit. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5008 Posts

Profile of landmark
And one more anise flavored liquer, Galliano. Tasty, though it doesn't pack the punch of absinthe, Ouzo or Arak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galliano_(liqueur)
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1986 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I have considered Absinthe over the years, but I really already have enough vices.

I imagine it would be worth the experience, but what if I liked it? I don't think my wife would accept "But S200Magician TOLD ME TO TRY!"
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, Josh Riel wrote:
I don't think my wife would accept "But S200Magician TOLD ME TO TRY!"

You need to be ten times as forceful: S2000magician told you to.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, Wravyn wrote:
You know what Tommy? I remember a time when people could smoke in a bar, then laws changed... no more smoking in them... now, we can't drink in them either.

You know that outlawing brawls there can't be far behind.
Tim Snyder
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
91 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
I prefer a strong peat Islay.... or a Goose Island bourban stout which I have enjoyed this evening. Wish I had purchased more of the Goose Island when I had the opportunity.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Absinthe . . . (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL