The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Double Wrist Chopper? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skeleton
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
290 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Hello, I bought a nice, unusual Double Wrist Chopper on eBay (see attached picture) for which I would like to find out more details:

The only information the seller had was that this was made in a very limited quantity (20 - 25?) and sold at a FISM convention?

The only other information I could find online was that the seller/maker could have been one Bob Rose (sorry that I do not know him)?

So any additional information will be much appreciated, maybe even the original instructions (as mine did not have them included)?

Thank you very much in advance.

Click here to view attached image.
To infinity, and beyond!
Haruspex
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Haruspex
A similar design is for sale at http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk/new.html
in the description there it is thought to be made by Bob Rose but it is also mentioned that they are not sure about this
Skeleton
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
290 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Thank you very much, that is actually my mentioned online source - but I could also not find any infos about Bob Rose online (sorry)?
To infinity, and beyond!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22825 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Skeleton, why not contact the website owner of Top Secret Magic, and see if he will help you with instructions or how to contact Bob Rose.

There are craftsman in the U.K. that take create magic props. They want to be kept unknown.
Skeleton
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
290 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Skeleton, why not contact the website owner of Top Secret Magic, and see if he will help you with instructions or how to contact Bob Rose.

There are craftsman in the U.K. that take create magic props. They want to be kept unknown.

Thank you, that's what I did in the meantime, and he was very kind and as helpful as possible.

Unfortunately Mr. Bob Rose has long since passed away, therefore no chance of asking him directly.
And the one I have apparently looks to well built to be made by him, but probably with his approval?

So, still any further information will be very much appreciated.
To infinity, and beyond!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Take a look at this link to see a two-hole chopper designed and built to be a replica of what I consider the best ever made for WORKERS: Ben Stone's Delben chopper......the one pictured was made by Louie Gaynor......

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/two-ho......-gaynor/

I'm sure that others have made really nice two-hole choppers too that are special....that list may include Owens and Fairchild.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Double Wrist Chopper? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL