The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Michael Stehle Gold Digger shells and Best Peas (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Recently picked up a set of these shells and the shells are really nice, but I was more surprised by the ‘best peas’ that came with them. I am now in the strange position of feeling like I am cheating on a fake pea. I have used perfect peas for beards on end but these best peas really are the business! Anyone else tried them? Thoughts?
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Who makes them??
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
I believe they are made by Michael Stehle who the shells are from. After using them a lot more, I still really like them but I am finding I have to rinse them often as they seem to pick up fluff / lint pretty well. This was never a problem with the perfect pea and I’m guessing this is down to what the peas are made of. I just find back clips etc. very easy with these as they are a little softer, a little larger and have a slight tackiness to them. It took me a ton of practise to get good at back clipping perfect peas confidently as my fingers have got honking great windows even with very little pressure and the pea in the right place, but I got there. These just seem so easy to clip. I’m going to carry on with them but the fluff / rinsing issue might see me return to the perfect peas I’ve used for years.

As they say, the pea is always greener on the other side!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Thanks Ginger Wizard.
Zauberman
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
I have the peas that come with the Gold Diggers and they are awesome. Totally awesome, as are all the shells. Meine Lieblingserbsen!

I have many other peas from various other sources and they all get dirty after a while. It comes from your hands and table surface. The softer peas tend to sometimes pick up slightly more. After a day of (sweaty) performing, my hands are pretty dirty as are some of my props. Cleaning them up as well as washing my hands is just part of the game.

Just a tad of soap & water, they (hands, props, & peas) are good as new.
RiedMichl
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of RiedMichl
I made a lighter green for the peas, due to better contrast to a green pad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Michael Stehle Gold Digger shells and Best Peas (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL